Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

TNA Sacrifice

WWE Judgement Day

WWE No Mercy

TNA Destination X

WWE Cyber Sunday

WWE Great American Bash

TNA No Surrender

The Great American Bash....The matches had no intrigue and most were just awful....Michelle McCool winning the Diva's Championship was useless and should have gone to Natalya...The HBK/Y2J ending was predictable once Jericho started attacking HBK's eye...Triple H/Edge was decent but not the match I thought it had the potential to be...CM Punk/Batista was awful mainly because of Batista....The only match I sort of enjoyed was JBL/Cena because (1) It was a Parking Lot Brawl and (2) JBL finally got to beat Cena.

A lot of great choices here, but I'll be taking Destination X. The whole show was just nothing at all, and it ended in a tag match, with no belts or stipulations on the line that I can remember. That makes it equivelent to a 30 dollar 3 hour impact. This show also featured the Fish Markey Street Fight. Reread that for a second. There was also a stand by your man strap match, and a scaffold match. Someone explain to me why I should have wasted cash on ths show to me? At least with the others there were a few good matches on the card. Destination X for me.

None of the WWE shows. People might complain that WWE is stale and boring. But they've never had a better year on PPV. None of the shows are awful, most of them only have one bad match at the most.

I voted for Cyber Sunday. We were treated to Santino Marella vs The Honkey Tonk Man, for goodness sake. Rey Mysterio faced off against Kane in a "No Holds Barred" match. :rolleyes: The Undertaker put on another crapfest against the Big Show. HHH pinned Jeff Hardy.. again. And we had 24839 silly run ins during the WHC match and it ended with Batista champion and Orton taking a stunner? That's terrible. It was bad. Very bad.

Apparently we are voting on the "World" Show of the year...:p

But I have to go with GAB. For all of my Blast Area frequenters...you will understand my frustration with this PPV, as the stream to all Blast Areas was screwed for like an hour. Thus, I missed like half of the Y2J/HBK match and the rest of the card was pretty horrendous. Batista v. Punk with a DQ by Kane sounds like something that would happen on Raw, and Kane's interference proved to have NOTHING to do with anything involving Punk OR Batista. Lastly, the logo was atrocious. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with America, and it is yet another example of Vince messing up something that was cool in WCW.

We were treated to Santino Marella vs The Honkey Tonk Man, for goodness sake.

What did you expect from the match? It's not like Santino has ever had a match worth watching, and Honky was shit 20 years ago. It was never going to be anything more than a comedy match.

Rey Mysterio faced off against Kane in a "No Holds Barred" match. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and for a Kane match it was pretty good.

The Undertaker put on another crapfest against the Big Show.

A little long, and with a shit ref count. But still a solid match considering Last Man Standing matches are always stop start.

HHH pinned Jeff Hardy.. again.

In a good match.

And we had 24839 silly run ins during the WHC match and it ended with Batista champion and Orton taking a stunner?

Austin was the most over peson in the match, and that's what he does.

Thus, I missed like half of the Y2J/HBK match and the rest of the card was pretty horrendous.

Match of the night.

Batista v. Punk with a DQ by Kane sounds like something that would happen on Raw, and Kane's interference proved to have NOTHING to do with anything involving Punk OR Batista.

It was nothing special, and the finish was shit. But for two wrestlers who's styles you'd think would cl;ash terribly, it was solid.

Lastly, the logo was atrocious. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with America, and it is yet another example of Vince messing up something that was cool in WCW.

If this was the worst wrestling logo of the year award, you might have a point.

The REAL answer is Sacrifice. One, it had way too many matches, as a result none were given time. Two, the point of the tournament was Deuces Wild, they then had two established teams in the finals. Three, A.J. Styles fucked up two pinfalls. Four, Kurt Angle was advertised for the main event, he wasn't involved. Five, the Terrordome. Six, Kaz was Angle's replacement. Seven, Knockout Battle Royal. Eight, Ladder match after the battle royal. Nine, female get's her head shaved. Ten, I could probably go on.

No WWE PPV this year was bad, because they were all full of surprises, good solid matches and filled with entertaining superstars. Look towards TNA's PPVs and they wern't as exciting as the WWE's, and they were filled with lackluster matches and so many DQ finishes that, it just ruined the entire PPV.

I couldn't vote for a WWE Pay Per View, as they were all above most TNA Pay Per Views this year. So that puts the blame for the worst major pay per view of the year squarely on one of three TNA pay per views. I choose you, Destination X-achu. Really, it was a pretty poor PPV loaded with crappy gimmicks that proved to show that TNA actually needs some writting behind their gimmicks. The main event was fitted to be a main event for an Impact, not a PPV, I'm not sure what they were thinking, when it could have been a singles match, and perhaps a tag team match. The only decent matches were on the undercard, resulting in a great disappointment for the main events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back