• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WORLD WAR 3 or Royal Rumble

The Wolf

Pre-Show Stalwart
The both winners went to the big show against the champ. But WORLD WAR 3 had 3 rings and all 60 started the match, and the Royal Rumble as we know has a new person come in every 2 minutes and is only one ring until all 30 men has entered. So which one is better?

First off the rumble has 30 men.

I think the Rumble is better because having all he guys in the ring at one time and having 3 rings makes it not as enjoyable to watch

No just no. World War 3 was the biggest clusterfuck of an event ever. The Royal Rumble is better in every way possible. In World War 3 you didn't even know what was going on half the time. Another thing is in the Royal Rumble it is over the top and over the top only making seem more prestigious if you throw a big man over the ropes. If i ever hear World War 3 and wrestling in the same sentence ever again I think i'll shoot myself.

Royal Rumble all the way because it's full of surprises since all the participants come out at 2 minute intervals while the World War 3 match has all the wrestlers start the match at the same time. I was never really into the concept of World War 3 because in my opinion was nothing but a big clusterfuck. In other words, it was too hard to pay attention to all 3 rings simultaneously with all those bodies around. Plus I don't see the WWE ever bringing back World War 3 because the Royal Rumble has pretty much solidified itself as the trademark battle royal of the WWE, and I don't see the WWE ever getting rid of the Royal Rumble concept in favor of World War 3.

Royal Rumble wins

1. Surprise Entrants! Always fun to speculate & be surprised

2. The fact that every wrestler doesnt start the match makes it more fun and suspenseful, not only of who is gonna be a surprise entrant but when will this star or that star come out, it's more exciting for that reason

3. More memorable & exciting moments than World War III (including 2001 when they had weapons throughout the entire thing)

I like WWIII and would like to see WWE do it atleast once with TNA at a WWE vs TNA WAR PPV or SPECIAL, but Royal Rumble is better

The only WWIII Match that would be exciting to see today would be a WWIII WWE vs TNA event with 30 WWE Superstars & 30 TNA Stars

you can have a 10 on 10 Divas vs Knockouts Tag Team Match before that

and the open the show have like The Undertaker vs Sting or some big name match and have it be best 2/3 for all 3 matches on the card

that can easily last 3 hours on PPV including good segments

Well quite frankly it was a mass annoyance because they did that two ring battle bowl thing too in WCW then they said hey why not get 20 men a piece in a ring and then as it gets down slow everything down and get them all in one ring and then determine a winner. I am a big fan of going against the norm, but I mean seriously try coordinating a giant battle royal and have it look like you didn't just pull every guy out of the locker room and say hey your all wrestling in rings 1 and 2 and just make sure you don't throw out so and so.

The Royal Rumble is hands down better but IMO in the early 90's was real stale like all the stars they had in the first HBK rumble win was horrid Jacob and Eli Blue, Duke the Dumpster, the heavenly bodies, I mean really they filled the rumble cause they didn't have a lot of talent. The only good case in point for WWIII was the fact with so many big names in the match you didn't know who was actually going to win it that year because you had 90% of your stars in there.

Vince has stated before that he doesn't like multiple rings. Plus I think everybody has already made valid points on why RR is better. Also, it's a WWE trademark, just like Wrestlemania, but you will NEVER see Vince throw that out for Starrcade.

i think this thread was done before like 2 months ago but i digress.

the answer once again is the royal rumble not only cause its one ring and 30 stars but also it's because you know who these people are. I mean think bout it, 1/3 of the ww3 guys were people u rarely ever saw and had no actual shot at the belt. atleast 9/10 of the people in the rumble have a reasonable case to sell the fans that they'll be the winner

The Royal Rumble is definitely the better of the two. I liked WW3 but there was always too much action at once and they changed the rules every year. However, if the Royal Rumbles keep going the way they have the past couple of years, it needs to be changed. This year's rumble was the most boring one I have ever watched and the endings are becoming so predictable. "So and so is out with an injury for a long time, makes a 'surprise' return and wins the rumble and goes to Wrestlemania to win the title." Give me a break....what about some suspense WWE?

Okay, I see that I have to once again be the voice of reason in this bitch.

The Royal Rumble WAS good, but has become so stale and fucking pointless over the years that it's not even funny. I mean Beth F'N Phoenix eliminated the over seven foot Great Khali with a fucking kiss? Are you fuckin kidding me? What was the point of that shit if you aren't even going to give Beth a push after the Rumble? And these moments are becoming far too common throughout the Rumble. I mean what is the point of having 30 men do the Rumble when you know only 5 people will even stand a chance to win, because of storylines leading up to the thing.

World War 3? Now that shit was cool. You had 3 rings filled with ever superstar that WCW could find to get in there and battle it out. Hell, it reminded me of the Royal Rumble back when it was good. You know the days. Back when Gary Hart contracted a bunch of never before seen in the WWF stars to come in and enter the Rumble to take Lex Lugar out. Ah yes, those were the days. But alas, they are far gone. And that's where World War 3 was better.

Sure it was a clusterfuck, but there was so much action going on that actually wanted to believe that anybody COULD win it. I mean ANYBODY. You never could guess the winner. Shit, you couldn't even sit here and pick out who would be left in the last five men in the center ring. I beat you could do that with the Royal Rumble and still get at least 4 of them right. And that's just sad. Mainly because it all happens in one ring.

The thing with World War 3 was that while you were watching action in ring 3, ring 3 could be down to their last few. And it wasn't like ALL of the action was going on all over. At one point, when they were down to the last few combatants, they all entered the middle ring to finish it off. Often in the Royal Rumble, you will have one guy get a bunch of weaker foes out, and then be left sitting there, til one of the bigger names comes along. How fucking entertaining is that? So hands down, for me, it's World War 3. Plain and simple.

Royal Rumble. No doubt. World War 3 just had way too much to wrap my young brain around when WCW was still around. The whole thing about surpise entrants is what keeps the Rumble exciting throughout the match. Most importantly, the actions are kept in one place rather than 3. World War 3 just didn't have that excitement and still to this day the rules confuse me. Wasn't that the match where Hogan got dragged under the bottom rope tot he floor by Giant and they counted him out leading to Savage winning? Way too unusual rules.

Royal Rumble. No doubt. World War 3 just had way too much to wrap my young brain around when WCW was still around. The whole thing about surpise entrants is what keeps the Rumble exciting throughout the match. Most importantly, the actions are kept in one place rather than 3. World War 3 just didn't have that excitement and still to this day the rules confuse me. Wasn't that the match where Hogan got dragged under the bottom rope tot he floor by Giant and they counted him out leading to Savage winning? Way too unusual rules.

No, he wasn't counted out. Randy Anderson (I think) was looking the other way and thought that he'd been eliminated, because he only saw him mn the floor. Funny I was actually watching it again the other day, and it was just organised mayhem! That is what made it good. But to go slightly off topic, how about having the Tower of Doom? Because that was insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back