• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Woman charged in death of son.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
I didnt feel like dragging this into the CL right now, though I will later.

Last week, a woman was convicted of 2nd degree vehicular manslaughter of her child. Except she wasn't driving. Her son was hit by a drunk driver who was on narcotics as well. He got 6 months, she faces up to 3 years. Why? She didnt use the crosswalk half a mile away.

thoughts?

In my opinion, I think the justice system down in Georgia is really messed up. This just proves my point.

So they are basically sentencing her for murder of her own child because she didn't use the crosswalk, and letting the guy who hit the child and had alcohol and pain meds in his system plus two previouse convictions of hit and run off with a slap on the wrist. WOW.

Crosswalks are there for a reason and she obviously put her child in danger when crossing the road and caused its death. 3 years is like a slap on the wrist, she deserves more.

Crosswalks are there for a reason and she obviously put her child in danger when crossing the road and caused its death. 3 years is like a slap on the wrist, she deserves more.

I dont know the details yet. Obviously she was an idiot because he wasnt the only one hurt. She and one of her daughters were as well. But the man was drunk, on narcotics, and blind in one eye, with two previous hit and run convictions on the same day in last February. He deserved more.

He does, but I was not commenting on him, just the woman who people seem to be siding with. Nobody is in the right and everybody deserves strict punishment. I say life for everybody, including the children.

I think I'll bite my tongue until I work up the motivation to post in the CL about this. Post count and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back