• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Woah Wyatt...

Part Max Cady, part the inbreds from Wrong Turn, part Jim Jones/David Koresh/Warren Jeffs, and part Dusty Rhodes when he's between the ropes. Pretty much a charismatic Frankenstein Monster of ill-will that can move like he's 50 lbs lighter than he really is.

I've had my doubts about the group for sure, I even thought the entrance sounded cheesy before TB1 broke it down and talked about the reaction. I also wouldn't be surprised if they're so disturbing that parents groups or sponsors pressure WWE to tone it down. They could just as easily end up following the Muhammad Hassan path rather than The Undertaker one. Casual fans are going to have to process this character and group a little harder than they normally would, while all of us may have to take our foot off of the gas pedal. As with anything in wrestling it can go either way; can't wait to find out for better or worse.

I dont recall if you were one of the NXT guys or not, but ive seen the gimmick a ton on tv, and I dont have a concern about it being THAT disturbing to children, simply because its fairly subtle(at least as far as being accessabe to kids). Adults will get it, but kids will just think they are weird guys.

I dont recall if you were one of the NXT guys or not, but ive seen the gimmick a ton on tv, and I dont have a concern about it being THAT disturbing to children, simply because its fairly subtle(at least as far as being accessabe to kids). Adults will get it, but kids will just think they are weird guys.

"Disturbing" being a relative term, of course. By WWE standards. Anyway, I wasn't saying anything about kids being bothered by it. I don't care if they are or aren't. I was talking about groups like the Parents Television Council or just helicopter parents in general taking exception with it. I've seen it, but the vast majority of Americans haven't. People complain about the tiniest things, and WWE has reacted to complaints from a minority of their audience before.

They could just as easily end up following the Muhammad Hassan path rather than The Undertaker one.

Something I can deduce by finding a middle ground between dirt sheet bullshit and reality, is that there are some in the WWE that has this seriously deluded sense of "paying your dues," meaning that you need to job out or whatever for a while to earn the spot on the roster that elicits the same response the UNDERTAKER does (for example). They're probably going to go the Muhammed Hasaan route with them, and then let them try to generate reactions on their own from there.

Oh god, sorry, I feel a new thread coming on.

I haven't bought a ticket for when SmackDown comes to my town in a few weeks and was sort of debating whether or not to. I think I'll have to get one just in hopes of seeing the Wyatt Family for myself though. So, props to the Wyatt family, they've sold a ticket before they even debut on TV.

Funny you say this. I bought a ticket today for this coming Tuesday's Smackdown taping and the primary reason why is because I expect Wyatt to debut on Monday.

I saw the Shield's Raw debut last November, it would be cool to see the Wyatt Family's Smackdown debut as well.

I remember watching NXT and when the Wyatts music hit, the whole demeanour in that little studio just changed. And Regal said the same on commentary. After a long time I had those chills watching wrestling.

They are doing the basic things right. Look at Luke Harper, he looks and dresses like he crawled out of a swamp somewhere. His moveset is that of a mindless southern brawler. He ain't doing flippy moves to stand out, he's playing the gimmick nicely.

I think Bray understands his character very well, and I see those pseudo-Jake The Snake menacing subtleties in his promos. All I hope is they should not let Bray wrestle week in week out. His heavies should do most of the wrestling, have Bray wrestle only at the culmination of a feud at a PPV.

Funny you say this. I bought a ticket today for this coming Tuesday's Smackdown taping and the primary reason why is because I expect Wyatt to debut on Monday.

I saw the Shield's Raw debut last November, it would be cool to see the Wyatt Family's Smackdown debut as well.

They've officially got drawing power. Two tickets is more than a lot of the jabronies on the roster have sold.

I'm just really interested to see what is going to be done with them. While I've enjoyed what I've seen of Wyatt, Harper, and Rowan on NXT, I really hope that their act is taken up a couple of notches for the big stage. Like I've alluded to before, I'd like for it to genuinely be uncomfortable and perhaps controversial. The vignettes have certainly done their job because I'm very much a mark for the whole concept; I'd really like for them to be every bit the "monsters" they claim to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back