WM 29 Main event

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
So apparently WWE wants to have some sort of main event for Wrestlemaina 29 put together and announced possibly the night after WM 28.

Is this going to be a continuous thing we see now year after year? Good move or not? Finally what do you think it will be?

Punk Vs Austin is what I want but it will most likely be centered around Cena again.

I don't think it will involve Cena again. I really don't think Cena should be in another year-long feud right now.

Maybe Undertaker/Austin or CM Punk/Austin

It was stupid but effective the first time. It's gonna get less effective as the dumb trend goes on.

Santino vs Ryder. Hell in a Cell.
Put the WWE Championship on the line and I'll be front row.

I don't think there are any matches that are definitely deserving of the year long build. The closest is Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels. Actually, they can do it pretty good, since both would likely not be on TV weekly, and as such don't need anything to hold over.

You have to realize you don't start a feud by announcing the match a year in advance. You need to have a feud in place, and escalate to new heights AT Mania. The only potential feud in place is Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels.

OH SHIT, just thought of something. Miz interferes during the HHH/Taker match. Taker wins. Miz vs. Taker at Mania XXIX. That can be announced a year in advance, since Taker is only doing 1 match a year now.

Do we really need to make it a trend? Rock/Cena is so damn interesting because it was the first time we had a match of this caliber for almost a whole year. Do it again it is just going to feel lame.

Do we really need to make it a trend? Rock/Cena is so damn interesting because it was the first time we had a match of this caliber for almost a whole year. Do it again it is just going to feel lame.

Agreed. I don't want to see the main event announced a year ahead of time. That kind of limits things leading into mania. It works for Cena vs. Rock. It's not needed anymore.

I have no issue with Cena cutting a promo the night after Raw, the show preparing to go off the air, the lights going out, some sort of veiled message, and Cena staring at the date for WrestleMania 29. That's fine as it merely hints towards something.

The only potential feud in place is Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels.

As unlikely as it might be, I can see this happening.

Miz vs. Taker at Mania XXIX.

No. Just... fucking... no. Miz isn't close to the level of competition Taker needs at this point.

For the love of God give me Cena vs. Taker

I wouldn't mind seeing this.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Rock vs. Cena II, Cena vs. Orton, or Cena vs. Punk.

I'm still waiting for Cena and Orton to lock it up 1 on 1 at mania, would be pretty huge under the right circumstances.

Other than that I think an Undertaker match would be the obvious choice to announce a year in advance. People almost forget than HHH and Taker was practically announced a year before it happened. I can't think who to offer him though. I'm still of the opinion Taker should relinquish his streak at the right mania to the right guy, and I think if he went 20-0 this year next year would make sense. Additionally, Wrestlemania 30 would also make sense just cos of the general round number-ness of it.

I'd also love that Punk and Austin feud but with both of them being staunch fan favourite and it being risky to turn Punk back right now, it would be interesting to see how they would go about building it. I also don't think it would be either fulfilling to have Austin back as a heel, neither is it likely to go over with people so that's putting a question mark over that whole idea. If it did go ahead though I wouldn't want to main event it, sorry guys.

That leaves Rocky according to the Observer report. Now, I don't know who they could do if they wanted to go with him. Punk would seem like a logical choice to me. Others might be Orton (ill-advised) or maybe even Taker. Imagine that.

HBK and HHH isn't in the equation for me. I wouldn't include either guy in the main event, Shawn because he's finished and I think finished guys should stay finish and he can do more outside the ring now, he doesn't have to get back in it. And HHH because... he's HHH. He's good an all, but he's not somebody that I'd want resting the whole programme on, not at this point in his career.

But then again you have Cena and Taker. That runs parallel to Cena and Orton to me except it's definitely bigger. I'm sure everyone has thought for a while as I have that if anybody can end the streak, it would be Cena. But Cena is going to be fed Rocky this year, almost certainly. I'm not really sure he needs the streak on his nameplate as well. I don't really see the point in the current headline match if it doesn't engineer a serious shift in the character of John Cena, and if that comes about I may be up for it. But Cena and Taker as it stands, it just wouldn't go anywhere, wouldn't be worth the namesake for the end product. I'm feeling reluctant.

No. If I had to pick one it might just be Cena and Orton. Then Austin and Punk. Maybe Rock and Taker if that's possible and have Taker retire at the mania afterwards. Yeah, that'd be pretty good. Imagine Cena wins this year at mania, leaves the arena and when Rock is still laying on the ground you hear the gong. Kickassery.

I'd rather see Orton and Austin over Punk and Austin. And no, that's not completely based on my man love for Orton. Punk is probably my second favorite guy. I just think unleashing Austin and Orton on one another would make for entertaining television. Both men hate just about anyone and everything. I'd love it.

The true end of an era kind of match. 6 man tag.

Rock, Austin, and Taker vs. Cena, Orton and Punk. Trips as the special referee.

And it would be lame as fuck.

I wont be interested if the Main Event has the Rock, Undertaker, Triple H or HBK involved.

You'd think the WWE would have learned its lesson from this past year of giving out the main event an entire year early, and making us all suffer for a year while they build up the match.

Here's an original thought, why not have a WHC or the WWE champion headline the event. I know that's a crazy idea but if you want people to take your champions seriously, the company needs to take the champions seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back