WM 25: "Where it all is done...again"

thepoo62

Pre-Show Stalwart
Remember WM 20? The tag line was "Where it all begins... again". It set the tone that WWE was refreshing itself and it was the perfect forum to kick start a change. This year should be titled, "Where it all is done...again".

I was watching the "be careful, don't try this at home" vid at the beginning of a dvd recently and they show clips of HBK vs Undertaker, Cena vs Edge and Triple H vs Orton in that very video! I just don't get why these are the matches for WM this year... old news if you ask me.

Well for one that's the best they can put out there. Most of them haven't been done in a couple of years. Excluding Triple h and Orton. Hbk vs Undertaker hasn't been done in over ten years. They have been teasing it for 2 years now via RR. What other matches haven't been done? The only one that comes to mind is Undertaker vs. Cena, that was done as well.

Also when you look at these guys can work well together, and put on great matches. Edge and Cena always have good matches. Undertaker and Hbk will be golden. Orton has gotten a lot better in the ring and on the mic to make me interested in the feud with Hunter.

Yeah it's been done, but in this era where everyone has faced everyone what else do you want them to do? Cm punk vs Triple h? It would be great but punk isn't ready to headline WM, especially this one. All the young new talent isn't ready to main event yet. So we get what we get, I'm looking forward to it.

Well, this week's Raw has already cast doubt on this theory hasn't it? BEcause Big Show is going to be in the WHC match by the looks of things. And like joshj said, Taker v HBK hasn't happened in over 10 years (11 to be precise).

The only over done match so far is HHH v Orton, and to be fair, it's about time Orton beat the Game 1 on 1. May as well get it over with this year rather than a year down the line or something. He'd only end up facing Cena again otherwise.

Even the MITB match has a fresh competitor in it this year. It's not a particularly good one, but it's a new face in the matchup.

So basically........ i disagree

HBK and Taker has been a long time ago so I can't complain too much but these guys can be used to build Main eventers as opposed to stroke eachothers ego. All of us marks think it is two icons clashing but the average fan might just think these are two big names getting slapped together for no reason and not care aboutt he signifigance as much. Jeff Hardy and Jericho had huge years but they aren't good enough to mix it up with these top 6 major palyers? Cena vs Taker or Hardy vs Taker would have been more unique.

Still I'm mainly just choked that Edge, Orton, Triple H and Cena are mixing it up as involving others would have been a better choice.

Also with Taker and HBK, their only (to my knowledge) one on one gimmick-less match ended in a Double DQ, the other two matches were HIAC and a Casket match. This is actually a first to see HBK and Taker one-on-one with no personal issues and attacking refs. Also Taker lost the other two matches, so he needs to beat HBK for the title.

Also, these two put 120% into their Wrestlemania matches, imagine how this one will pan out!

I agree. But the problem is that WWE has maxed out its Main Eventer's. Before WWF would run programs and no one ever got bored of them some how. The Rock/Austin etc but why do people get bored of them now?
For me the reason they are going with those two matches at Wrestlemania is the simple fact that they have been two of the biggest and best feuds with great matches over the past five years since the last BIG Wrestlemania (20). Not that all Wrestlemania's aren't big, but I mean anniversary wise.
I think that Triple H and Orton have unfinished business from One Night Stand last year when Triple H injured Orton, the fact Triple H screwed Orton out of Evolution. Orton and Triple H need the big 'finale' match in their feud.
Edge and Cena, though WWE is throwing us off by Vickie making Big Show number one contender, Cena and Edge have always put on big matches that stole the show. I'm not sure how they can have another big match after the last one I remember being the TLC match where Cena beat Edge in Toronto.
As for Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels. That is absolution of Wrestling. Or the absolution of Wrestlemania, Mr. Wrestlemania vs The Undefeated Deadman. They are both legends, to be honest, Shawn Michaels could be the most legitimate man to end 'Taker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania.

Remember WM 20? The tag line was "Where it all begins... again". It set the tone that WWE was refreshing itself and it was the perfect forum to kick start a change. This year should be titled, "Where it all is done...again".

I was watching the "be careful, don't try this at home" vid at the beginning of a dvd recently and they show clips of HBK vs Undertaker, Cena vs Edge and Triple H vs Orton in that very video! I just don't get why these are the matches for WM this year... old news if you ask me.

your not serious Right? these all make fantastic sense(except big show been thrown in the mix) so im gonna break every thigng down one by one

HBK vs Taker: last happened January 18, 1998!that's eleven years 1 month and fourteen days ago! so your whole complaint about that been done again is kind of illogical! I am pretty sure most kids are just casual fans don't even know it happened! Okay the fist time it happened was September 7th, 1997 at WWE in your House: ground zero- which was in Louisville gardens in louisville, Kentucky by the way. that match ended in a double disqualification. so nothing was settled! the second time was the world famous hell in A cell match, which we all know took place October 5th, 1997 at the Kiel center in saint Louis, Missouri at WWE In your House: Badd Blood!
we all know kane debut and cause taker that match, so once agian it was unsettled! than in the previously mentioned casket match at RR98 kane once again interfered and caused taker the match! so for all people keeping score that taker 0-2-1 and HBK 2-0-1 none of those matches won straight up! that gives this match four ligitimate reasons for happening;
1: HBK is the only man that the Undertaker has never beaten
2: taker injured HBK and almost crippled him and ended his career!( HBK missed four years and seven months!)
3: the rivalry never got to get finished!
4: These two Superstars are the two most legendary wrestlemania performers that been said they are the names synonymous with Wrestlemania! and are the two longest tenured superstars with the WWE!

Cena vs EDGE: one on one this makes perfect sense! because besides edge name me one person that has bested cena or that has had cena's number ! u cannot name that superstar because that superstar doesn't exist! so cena beating edge at mania would be the finale of that rivalry! and if edge wins than this would be the best opportunity for the MITB to be cashed in at Mania! now granted the whole Big show thing really doesn't make any sense unless they just wanna make it seem like an "giant" obstacle for their "superhero" Cena to overcome. the fact that i don't particularly like Cena will not cloud my judgment that would be a huge victory, and he is the modern day Hogan( who i hate) so why not feed his legend at the 25th annual( 24th anniversary for those who had been debating that) Wrestlemania?

Orton vs Triple H: Orton has conquered all in the WWE, well of course except for Triple H, the game is the only person to have his Number! who was it that ended Orton's first title run? Triple h who ended Orton's second title run( even though it was only 11 minutes and six seconds long) Triple H, and who ended Orton's third title reign? haha yes triple H again ! with that said randy Orton is clearly Vince's number one man right now! what better way to make that crystal clear than by finally having him finally best The Game okay its time for more trivia, who has been in title matches more than anybody in the history of Wrestlemania? Triple h yeah hes been in eight, and of those eight five were the main event and three were the secondary main event and for those of you keep cont at home that gives him eight main event matches ,which is tied with hogan for the most!(three of hogans were not for the belt!) who has been the WWE champion more than triple H? haha the answer is of course nobody so like him or not Triple h is the most Official champion there has ever been!( trust me i don't really like the guy) hes been in the big tile picture more than anybody in the history of this business, so you have to beat him to be official!( cena vs Triple h wm22) so for Orton to make his status as The big man on campus, or as he puts it to right his destiny, there's no other semi logical opponent for the viper than The Game. him beating Cena or beating edge would mean zero because Triple h is the only man out there that can validate Orton's legacy! he is still the only way to get to the top of the mountain, hell he is the mountain! so people who are complaining about these tile matches just dig a little deeper and think from a standpoint that he is still legitimizing the legacy of the top superstars of this generation! 21 started this generation and 25 officially writes their legends! besides 26 will start next generation, hint cm Punk! hes not ready nor should he be come a champion at 25, PS: Jeff hardy doesn't mean nearly as much to this generation as Orton( that's why Orton has kicked the snot out of more legends than anybody) oh and Triple h may not get the mention of HBK or Taker but he means just as much because hes headlined more than anyone except for Hogan and unlike Hogan his werent for show they were all for the big prize! so you guys need to think inside of the box and realize everything Vince is doing hear because its crystal clear to me and it absolutely genius!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back