Willow's Debut at Lockdown

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So Willow made his debut at Lockdown on Sunday and it was ok. He had a good entrance and did some good moves but because it was Lethal Lockdown he didn't really get a chance to shine.

OK everyone knows that it's Jeff Hardy. For the split second that he was on the cage I was wondering why he wasn't wearing a top that covered his chest and arms seeing as his snake/roots tattoo is so prominent. Then Tazz and Tenay were talking about the similarities between Hardy and Willow and it made me think they're possibly going the route that I said in the 'Willow Is Coming To TNA' thread

I want it to be Jeff being Willow but still being Jeff aka he's snapped and he's acting loopy, knows he's Jeff Hardy but thinks Willow is his calling or something to that effect

Hopefully TNA take the character in that direction because it has a good amount of potential I feel.

i liked the mask and the crazy laugh he did into the camera after his big jump from the cage. but like you i thought he would wear a little different attire to make it less obvious he was jeff hardy. the shoulder pad thing he wore was silly looking. i like your idea that everyone knows its jeff hardy and he does all the same moves but in his mind he's gone loopy and now he's willow. im looking forward to this side of hardy cuz we've never really seen him play a character. he's always just been himself basically. this could be a good chance for him to show some depth to his character.

i liked the mask and the crazy laugh he did into the camera after his big jump from the cage. but like you i thought he would wear a little different attire to make it less obvious he was jeff hardy. the shoulder pad thing he wore was silly looking. i like your idea that everyone knows its jeff hardy and he does all the same moves but in his mind he's gone loopy and now he's willow. im looking forward to this side of hardy cuz we've never really seen him play a character. he's always just been himself basically. this could be a good chance for him to show some depth to his character.

Because him being covered up would change the fact that it was obviously Jeff Hardy's face, and Jeff Hardy's voice, and that Willow the Wisp has been a Hardy character he's played in OMEGA for like a decade?

I think it's fairly obvious that it's supposed to be a split personality type thing.

TNA was smart to note the similairty of tattoos and connect the dots with Willow & Jeff Hardy, but with this following the Abyss story it just seems too similar, too soon. Will Hardy eventually get unmasked? Will they do the same thing they did with Black Reign/Dustin Runnels? I am curious where they go with this.

i think I read this somewhere else and I agree with it... I think this Willow thing will flop..judging by one night...all it really is..is Jeff Hardy in a mask and squealing when he gets hit worse than Bork Lazer screams. I think it was a mistake for Tenay and Tazz to hint at it being Jeff Hardy even though its obvious. and Willow's music will be horrible that he will be singing it.

but I guess Hardy wants to think he's some innovative, artistic person, and TNA will allow their main draw dress up like a fool. WWE might as well have Cena go out there as Evil Doink the Clown.

The only interesting thing about it at Lockdown was the way he entered was cool..but that can't be done every week..

Will give the "Willow" thing a chance before I decide that it's some terrible decision.

I don't think there was any point in pretending it wasn't Jeff, we all know it is, no point insulting peoples intelligence like that, even if it is "wrasslin".

For the most part my interest in Jeff is watching him jump off things, if Willow is going to jump off things, then I'll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back