Willow is Coming to TNA

Personally I just don't get Willow. I suppose it is supposed to be this other side of Jeff Hardy but it comes across as Mr America - same moves, same gestures, just a mask to cover the face and some new tights. I mean if the wanted to have Hardy flip out and this evil/ uncontrollable side of him come out, why not have Hardy wrestle at Lockdown and get beat down good, them have him show up at Impact and take one of the bad guys out and when they catch up to interview him, he says "Hardy no more, call me Willow"? It just seems like a half attempt - a mask and different coat but he still wears a Hardy shirt, shows off his tattoo and the announcers constantly mention it is Hardy. It least with Curry Man, there is no hint it is Daniels.

Personally I just don't get Willow. I suppose it is supposed to be this other side of Jeff Hardy but it comes across as Mr America - same moves, same gestures, just a mask to cover the face and some new tights. I mean if the wanted to have Hardy flip out and this evil/ uncontrollable side of him come out, why not have Hardy wrestle at Lockdown and get beat down good, them have him show up at Impact and take one of the bad guys out and when they catch up to interview him, he says "Hardy no more, call me Willow"? It just seems like a half attempt - a mask and different coat but he still wears a Hardy shirt, shows off his tattoo and the announcers constantly mention it is Hardy. It least with Curry Man, there is no hint it is Daniels.

Agreed. Everyone knows it's Hardy, but I can't believe that just came out blatantly and said oh look it's Jeff Hardy, but he's snapped and calling himself willow now...

How about a friggin storyline?!!!

The whole gimmick just seems boring now.

Agreed. Everyone knows it's Hardy, but I can't believe that just came out blatantly and said oh look it's Jeff Hardy, but he's snapped and calling himself willow now...

How about a friggin storyline?!!!

The whole gimmick just seems boring now.

I agree with this. A storyline could and should have come from this, I thought some of the promo vids were cool, and he could pull off like weird backstage antics (Boogeyman-ish without the worms), or screeching poetic promos. Maybe a new hybrid move-set for him. But it seems it's just going to be Hardy with a new set of paint, and he screeches.

I'm pretty disappointed with Willow so far. The character I have no problem with, the promos and entrance is neat but in ring and attire wise he's just too similar to Hardy for me to take the change seriously.

Curry Man is a great example, Daniels wrestles completely differently as that character, when he wrestles I think of him as Curry Man. When I see Willow wrestle I think of Hardy in a Megatron mask. It just seems pointless, if you're going to repackage yourself surely you'd want to try new moves and stuff? But it's just the same old shit from Hardy. I've been bored with Hardy for a long time so I really do want him to change it up and think this is the perfect time to do it.

That skull jacket thing he should keep on, ditch the Hardy sleeves, just be as different to Hardy as possible, to really show this is a new side of him.

It seems they're going the route that I had hoped that Hardy's gone insane and become Willow.

The thing about people saying he's to similar to Hardy is the point. We've only just come off the Joseph Park/Abyss storyline. Do we really need to do another storyline like that so soon???

As Willow him doing all the moves he does as Hardy makes people go 'That's Jeff Hardy, what's he doing in the mask acting weird(er) than usual' They're hopefully building up to the reveal as to why he's being Willow. Knowing somebody is doing something is one thing, the motivation behind it is always more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back