• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will WWE ever rebuild its tag team division?

seinfeld83

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ever since they have split the shows the tag division has overall been very sad, it has had a few ups and downs and even though i really am not the biggest smackdown fan (go Raw) but they have probably done a little better job with their tag division but my question is can the wwe do anything to reestablish tag team wrestling to where it use to be and secondly will they ever do it?

i dont kno bout that cuz they r always so wrapped up in other titles every single week (us and ic) it doesnt give tag teams enough to do their stuff cuz i like tag teams
eventually i think they will

i hope so, they need it, and it would also allow some newer stars a chance to get more tv time if they would put them together in tag teams

WWE definitely has the talent to rebuild the tag division, yet they don't. As seinfeld said, they should put the underused stars together and push them as a tag team. Also with the returning Jeff Hardy, Team Xtreme could be back on the scene, and then you have the Highlanders, and if SS split up maybe they should put just two of them together as a tag team? There's a lot of talent there but it needs to be used to its full potential, which it is not being at the moment.

at this moment in time that's 1 factor why TNA is growing.

i dont know if they will get it back to where it was when edge & christian where champs, but the hardy boyz and the highlanders are a good start to rebuilding it.

Theres only 4 tag teams currently...

London and Kendrick
That new team on SD! managed my McCool (dont know their names)
Spirit Squad
Highlanders

The Pitbulls are done for now (Kash is suspended), The Gymini (Injured), and a Hardy Boyz reunion isnt 100% sure. So they just need to merge the belts onto one show (preferably SD!).

They definately have the potential to do so, i will definately been keen on bringing back a stronger tag team presence. When the hardy boyz come back hopefully they will start it then.

what the wwe needs to do is put some big names or semi big names like lashley, carlito, benjamin, or someone in a tag team... people like big stars... the fans dont care bout the highlanders or the spirit squad or any tag team there is now to say the least

NooDLE said:
Theres only 4 tag teams currently...

London and Kendrick
That new team on SD! managed my McCool (dont know their names)
Spirit Squad
Highlanders

The Pitbulls are done for now (Kash is suspended), The Gymini (Injured), and a Hardy Boyz reunion isnt 100% sure. So they just need to merge the belts onto one show (preferably SD!).

So you've just forgotten that there's a perfectly good pairing of Allija Burke and Sylvester Turkey on SD!? - Yes they may not be tag teaming a lot but hey they look like a good alliance to me, if Vince pushed them for the WWE Tag Belts we could see superb things.

Also, on Raw there's DX, who COULD win the belts even though they may not be around for much longer. Plus don't forget about the old team of Finlay and Regal I loved them together thought they could have achieved tag team gold, but hey they've been fueding lately but are teaming up on this Friday's SD! - So they could be a tag team.

And finally, there's the possibility of the return at some point of the Brothers Of Destruction! But we'll have to wait and see...

So there you have 4 extra tag teams that have potential above, as well as the other 4, that's a good bunch if you ask me! Also, they're should be more on the way and more will be back soon, such as Gymanii. So it's not as fucked up as it seems!

The only thing is, like someone else said, they need to rearrange their roster better and make some fresh real tag teams.

maybe they can have a tournament for the belts and force some of the singles wrestlers to tag and see which ones work and which ones dont but i still think they need some fresh tag teams as well

If they ever break up the S. Squad. There are a at least two good tag teams there. On smackdown they just need to get some tag teams in there. If put matt and jeff back together there one good one.

You know there are a lot more tag teams than you think.
Raw:
1. Eugene and Hacksaw
2. The Spirit Squad<which if they were to split there would be two great teams
3. Cade and Murdoch
4. The highlanders
5. DX
6. Val and Viscera
7. The McMahons are often tag teaming
8. Carlito and trish
9. Johnny Nitro and Melina
Smackdown:
1. Kendrick and london
2. Elijah and sylvester
3. finlay and regal
4. funaki and scotty 2 hotty often tag together
5. The Gymini
6. The pitbulls
7. kc james and idol stephens or stevens im not sure how they spell it

~Possibly the hardy boys but a reunion by them has not been confirmed
~The mexicools use to be a tagteam but they started fueding
~So there are wayy more than 4 tag teams buddy
~Yes I do believe they should rebuild the tag team division the tag teams always end up breaking up or fueding which is not gonna help it though

DxFreak said:
You know there are a lot more tag teams than you think.
Raw:
1. Eugene and Hacksaw
2. The Spirit Squad<which if they were to split there would be two great teams
3. Cade and Murdoch
4. The highlanders
5. DX
6. Val and Viscera
7. The McMahons are often tag teaming
8. Carlito and trish
9. Johnny Nitro and Melina
Smackdown:
1. Kendrick and london
2. Elijah and sylvester
3. finlay and regal
4. funaki and scotty 2 hotty often tag together
5. The Gymini
6. The pitbulls
7. kc james and idol stephens or stevens im not sure how they spell it

~Possibly the hardy boys but a reunion by them has not been confirmed
~The mexicools use to be a tagteam but they started fueding
~So there are wayy more than 4 tag teams buddy
~Yes I do believe they should rebuild the tag team division the tag teams always end up breaking up or fueding which is not gonna help it though

I think Carlito & trish are the only Inter-gender Tag Team in the WWE right now besides, Nitro/Melina however, can they actually be considered contenders for the World Tag Team Titles?

.JoeY said:
I think Carlito & trish are the only Inter-gender Tag Team in the WWE right now besides, Nitro/Melina however, can they actually be considered contenders for the World Tag Team Titles?
Fuck i honestly dont know but why wouldn't they be able to?

If wwe really wanted to have a decent tag-team division they could. but they just don't everytime they have something going they stop it. and their roster has enough potential to have a great tagteam divison but the fucking brand extension messes it up. what is the point of the split brands??? just ruined wwe and i don't know why vince doesnt know it anyhow if you think they could even put booker-t and shelton benjamin together make them the new harlem heat they have highlanders now which are a great team and i don't know with the extension around i think its impossible to have a respectable tag team division

They should have one set of tag belts to be defended on both shows like they used to do with the heavyweight title.

they bring in those new crap teams idol steven and the other guy they look absolutly horrible and remember they had tag team turmoil or wutever now they dont even have enough teams to do that, the tag teams highest point was with the hardys e and c the dudelys too cool, t and a

There's talk of bringing back Too Cool & maybe even adding Ron Killings later if he leaves TNA & comes to WWE.

well on smackdown we have the : pit bulls, kendrick/london, regal/finlay, stevens/james, and a possible hardy boyz return. and tna will neve r compare to WWE

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back