• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will we ever see "the mask" again?

TKO 3:16

Occasional Pre-Show
We were teased with this one last year I believe it was, and I was just thinking, Will WWE ever throw the mask back on kane?
IMO he would have to grow his hair or just wear a wig because I don't think he would look right in the mask bald.
But truthfully, when he was masked, that was when Kane was "kane", remember, the guy who is Undertaker's brother, the guy that has that Dark past. I have not seen a since of that, granted this is the PG era, but IMO there are ways to make Kane's character better. He has done nothing, and no for some reason he is featured in the MITB match @ wrestlemania, which of course means he will lose.
So I ask you all, is iþ possible we could see a run with "the mask", or do you think we have seen the last of the "old kane"?

What's the point of him putting the mask back on? I mean I agree with you that I'd like to see it again, but we already know what's underneath it. To me, the point of wearing a mask is to of course, hide their face and it makes you wonder what's under there. Sure many have seen Rey w/out his mask on, but not on WWE televison.

In my opinion, Kane can act like his "old self" with out the mask, and still be entertaining as hell. But to answer your question, I don't think Kane will be like that again. I see no signs pointing to it, and he's fine at where he is now.

Idk just for me it would give the aspect of fear, yeah we know what's under there, but in a way its just somehow more maniachial with a mask on. Makes everything more excinting in a sense.
Plus they could play it up so many different way with kane, make it like he is reverting back into his "old self" again, and even re_hash some old storylibes in the process. Most wrestling fans now know kane as a nobody basically. What has he done? Absolutley nothing, that's what. Back when we all remember him, he was lighting caskets on fire and being involved with "crutial to the program" segments.
He scared the SHIT outta me when I was a kid, Undertaker as well, there was just something about them that made you scared, mayber just believin in it or what have you but, IMo he should be used in a better way and I could only think of him puttin the mask back on. What else is he going to do, go back to being Issac Yankem DDS? Please

If Kane should "revert" in any sense...what about "black towel" over the head sadistic angry Kane that was beating up on everyone and eventually picked on Shane McMahon for awhile?

I enjoyed that incarnation of him post-mask removal.

Kane was awesome with the mask yes, and somehow I think WWE could make it work with the mask again, and somehow I also think they could bring forth the same imitation factor that Kane had with the mask on, just without actually putting the mask back on him

Besides, we also have to consider the fact that, wasn't the mask causing breathing problems, and that it was Kane that wanted the mask off himself in the first place because of this?
So I highly think they will even consider putting it back on him because of the breathing problems.

Kane will never put the mask on again and that makes sense in my opinion. Whilst I can't deny my love for the masked big red machine, the kane of today is totally different to the kane of ten years ago, and I don't just mean the loss of the mask. Back then he was a huge, intimidating, sadistic monster who struck fear into fellow wrestlers and fans. Today, he is an ageing ring veteran with diminishing talent and mobility who is used to further the careers of Ziggler, McIntyre and even the Great Khali.

The only logical reason to put the mask on Kane is if he were to get another monster push, and that is just not going to happen. If you put the mask on the Kane of today, that would just be hurting the legacy of the mask if anything. It may hurt but "old kane" is gone forever, as is the mask.

I have never seen Kane with a mask in a show because I started watching wrestling in 2002. I have seen him wear it though because I occasionally go back and look at old WWF videos and he does look a lot cooler and more sadistic. He also got way better pops than what he gets now a days.

I think we will not see him wearing a mask again though because it would have been about 8 years now since he stopped wearing it and I don't think it would make sense for him to wear it again after so long. The only reason he would go back to wearing a mask is if he was going to retire or if McMahon wanted to push him big time. IMO.

Imo I dont think will ever see Kane wear the mask again. However, if WWE decided to have him wear it and did an angle where he was set on fire or something by another WWE star and took a decent amount of time off and grew his hair back out and returned with his old outfit and entrance music, the fans would go nuts! It would put put him back into the main event scene and get him out of the mid-card slump he's currently in. If WWE did that for him and with the right star, it would totally boost back up his career imo.

Allow me to quote the 25th letter of the alphabet: WHY???

Seriously, what the fuck is the big deal with putting the mask on again? In the words of Chris Rock, "WE KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE!" The mystique of the mask was that Kane's face was allegedly all scared up etc. We know what he looks like so there's no point to the mask. "Hmm, there's a 7 foot guy that looks like Kane, has Kane's music, wrestles like Kane and moves like Kane, and we haven't seen Kane in awhile. But this guy is in a mask! It couldn't be Kane could it???" Seriously, what would the point be?

The old Kane in the mask was a lot more interesting for sure. But not because of the mask. The Kane's face looks like a cross between Fedor Emelioneko and Michael Chiklis which I think is funny . But yeah, the mask was lame and ugly. The only guy who should have a mask is Rey Mysterio. At least his mask has a meaning, keeping the mexicano luchadores tradition alive.

The old kane was much better then this one. I think they can make it work. They would need to do a scene of Kane getting his face burned by someone and then boom when he returns he has the mask back on

Nah, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, WWE won't be bothering to put the mask back on Kane, because he doesn't want it back on, and WWE should respect that wish.
Yes I said I thought Kane was awesome with the mask on, but that surely doesn't mean I don't think he's awesome without it, yes he does not have the same popularity as he did with the mask if you ask me, and he is currently serving as what I would call a "Midcard jobber with offense and a rare win here and there" but I doubt that putting the mask back on Kane would change that, atleast not immediatly.

Rey is keeping the tradition of Mexican Luchadores alive? Gee, I thought the actual Mexican Luchadores were doing that...

Rey is spreading it to the world, cause we both know that the Mexican Lucha Libre wrestling as of late, is staying in Mexico (go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong, I only know of WWE and TNA as the widespread wrestling federations, and Rey being the only Luchadore there.)
So basicly yes, Rey is keeping the tradition alive, just outsite of Mexico, he is keeping it alive by constantly exposing the style to the larger countries that isn't exposed to Mexican wrestling.

I don't think that they will put the mask back on Kane for numerous reasons. The first of which being that Kane does not like the mask any more. He and Vince made the decision to take it off and I read an interview with him a while ago that stated that he was happy being unmasked. There was no wiggle room that could be interpreted as him wanting to put it on in the future. I think he is perfectly happy being unmasked and that is his choice alone. Whether or not I would like to see him put it on again is completely irrelevant because he simply wont, I believe.

Another reason is that the character of Kane has moved on since being unmasked. He doesn't demonstrate the same powers as he used to and I don't think that character is welcomed in the WWE any more. I don't think that I would buy him putting on the mask again and making paranormal or supernatural things happening again. To my mind, he is just a man now and the character of Kane is all but lost in that. So, no. I don't think that Kane will ever put his mask on again. It is too late on in his career to give that another go, in my opinion and I think that he is happy being unmasked. So why change that?

I am a huge fan of Kane, and have been ever since he first appeared at Badd Blood in the Hell in a cell match all those years ago, and I have absolutely loved seeing Kanes "evolution". I happen to understand both sides here. I think KANE masked was Awesome and scary! I loved the mask, especially the one towards the end where is mouth was uncovered(VERY COOL), and I do think Kane was alot more scary/intimidating in a monster sense with the mask. I also like that he no longer wears it because its a new side of Kane and he is still a powerhouse none the less. I do think itd be sweet to see Kane disappear for a little bit and return to his old music and the last version of his mask he wore. I think it could give him a push both in company and with fans. Though I think fans connect with him now, he doesnt get the push he deserves(my opinion only). I hope KANE wins the MITB match at WM this year!!!!

Yes, I believe we will see the mask again. However, I'm not altogether sure how they will do it but still, I can absolutely see it happening in the future. From giving this thread a quick scan, I've seen the age old arguments, such as 'What'd be the point? We know what he looks like!!' Well, that's were storylines come in to play in wrestling and that is why I think Kane will be in the mask again. As for the 'breathing problems', I don't buy that as a reason he wont put the mask on again, yes I remember him once saying it was hard to breath in it but then again he coped with it for 7 years and I just don't think that would stop him reverting to his old look again.

All it takes is Kane getting burnt (or some involvement of fire), he goes nuts, leaves for a while, returns with the mask saying he'll never show his face again and boom!! We have masked Kane again. Yes, we've seen his face before, but WWE could pass Kane off wearing the mask again by making reference to his unstable nature. Call it crazy, but stanger things have happened in WWE....

I dont think Kane will ever wear a mask again.It would be cool to see that happen becuz Kane without the mask sucks balls.What happen to the masked wrestler? I remember the Masked Superstar,& The Spoiler back in the day,they were awesome.I think every region had a masked wrestler at some point in time.As for Rey he is the last of a dying breed.

Oh my god, I would love to see kane in a mask again. He won the wwe champ with the mask on. But i would love to piont out is remember when kane forst lost the mask he was more powerful. He would do some sidestic things. I recall kane taking a batery with cables at the and took hook them on Shane McMahon's balls and turned the batery on and shocked him for like ten minutes. Still I would like to see the mask again. It most likely not happening.

Rko 4 Life:worship:

It should somehow involve Undertaker n Fire, that would make an interesting storyline by turning taker into a heel and kane into a face. Make taker dump Kane in a garbage and burn it. Take out kane for like 3-4 months. Have Taker do the heel promos and all. Hype the Kane promo, then when he returns he will indeed get the same pop he got when he returned half masked. Thats the only way i c Kane returning to his own self. thats it. but wwe aint gonna listen to me, so i m just wishing kane could mask again whatsoever. So that 1 last time i could feel Kane didnt got screwed in wwe.

This mask must have some superpowers. I mean, you guys assume that putting a mask on will elevate him immediately into the main event. The mask is gone. There are no facial scars and he doesn't need a throat box to talk anymore.

Kane is what he is at this point. He is a big guy who can move and is credible at any spot on the card. He is a former world champion, a million time mid card and tag champion, and someone who is competent enough in the ring to maintain a status as as over midcarder. He works fine heel or face and along with Chris Jericho is one of the most valuable guys on the roster. If you need to get someone over, you have them feud with Kane. If you need to punish someone, you have Kane work them stiff. If you need a guy to provide continuity to a spotfest like MitB, well, there's Kane.

I think that with how the character has evolved, that we're going to be hard pressed to see a Masked Kane again. Masked wrestlers don't place all that highly in the scheme of things in WWE. When Egotistico Fantastico was in DSW and FCW, they took the mask off of him. Dos Caras Jr is in FCW right now, without a mask as Alberto Banderas. Black Pain wrestled for a time as Sweet Papi Sanchez.

It's just the nature of how WWE is doing things now, that masked wrestlers just aren't quite needed. It's also the evolution of the business in the US. Guys like El Generico and Delirious are the exception, not the rule.

I agree that the mask was cool, but I don't think losing the mask has anything to do with his position today. For Kane's character, it's an aesthetic only. He can play the part of an insane person without the mask if he wants to.
I've heard that wrestling in a mask is quite troublesome, and you really have to be dedicated to the mask to wear it. If he didn't want to wear it, I don't blame him.
As for his position, I've read some of Glenn Jacobs' interviews and from what I've read, it seems like he enjoys where he is. He's stated numerous times that he actually enjoys putting people over and doesn't need titles to prove his worth. As long as he's satisfied with the job he's done in the ring, he won't be "screwed," as a previous poster put it.

Kane has done an excellent job, with and without the mask.

Although I do feel he lost abit of that "indestructable edge" when he lost the match.

He used to take chair shots and not even flinch.

Now he's getting beaten by almost everyone.

Give the damn guy a title run, so what if he doesn't want it. He deserves a world heavyweight title run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back