• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will The Dudebusters ever win tag gold?

Scotty

I have a PHD in Horribleness
The Dudebusters are one of my favorite current WWE tag teams. I know that isn't saying much as there are only 4 tag teams in the WWE right now, but I like them. They have a fun gimmick, they seem to be getting heat (only if slightly), and they seem to enjoy what they do.

I love their tag team finisher, that sort of Hart Attack but with a knee instead of a springboard clothesline. It has more impact, quick, and very believable. They love to talk about themselves and they are pretty good at it. I feel that a feud between them and The Hart Dynasty would be a good one.

Do you think that they will ever get their chance to reign over WWE's tag division? If not, then what must they do to improve their chances.

I think that The Dudebusters have a lot of potential. Ever since I first saw them on ECW, I thought they could do good things to help a struggling tag team division. They are pretty decent on the mic, and as long as they wrestle like a team, they are good in the ring. When they made the move to Smackdown, I was happy to see that they werent forgotten.

Right now, its too soon to predict if they will ever win gold. It depends on a few factors. First, they need to remain a team. The division needs teams, not two random guys wrestling together. As long as they stay a team, they can make their way up the very short ladder and eventually get a shot at gold. I find their gimmick very fun and I would most likely enjoy any feud they have with another team.

As far as I'm concerned though, I wouldnt worry about getting gold. Maybe they deserve it or maybe they will get their shot down the line. But I think right now they just need to help improve the division and soon enough, they should get their chance.

Eventually, I think they will win Tag Team gold. It's just a matter of when. The first thing they have to do is get some TV Time on Smackdown again, and not on Superstars. They were so hot when they came up on ECW, and once they were put on Smackdown, they fizzled out quickly. I think another thing that needs to happen is the WWE needs to bring the Tag Titles over to Smackdown. We havent seen the Tag Team Champions on Smackdown in a long while. Once the Tag Titles get some more TV Time on Smackdown, they The Dudebusters will get their opportunity.

I think that The Dudebusters are really good, and they are full of potential. I've enjoyed their stuff ever since they came to ECW, and they've gotten even better since they got to Smackdown. Their gimmick is really good and they can get heat from the crowd pretty well. They got a bunch of heat when they attacked Chris Masters after not being able to beat the Masterlock Challenge. Another significantly important thing they have is the ability to play great faces. They really remind me of Edge and Christian when they teamed together, they have that same kind of charisma (and smugness when they are heels).

Now, all that being said; do I think they'll ever win the Tag Team Championships? Absolutely. The Tag Team division in the WWE isn't very deep right now, there are only 4 tag teams around. Even though they are new to the main roster, they have time to develop... Which really works to their advantage. Even though they won't instantly win the titles, they will soon.

I like watching The Dudebusters, they are entertaining, and have helped improve the tag team division recently, plus their in ring skills are pretty good and like to talk about themselves and their funny accomplishments, and they just work perfectly together. I can see them getting the tag titles at some stage after the Harts vs Uso's feud is over or even better include all 3 teams. With some more exposure on Smackdown and then they could be getting the tag titles even sooner maybe.

They will definitely be tag team champions...in the distant future.They haven't really had much time to get over with the crowd plus this family feud with the Usos and Harts is basically overtaking any tag team action outside of random tandems.I kinda look at The Dudebusters as WWE's own version of MCMG.Same situation IMO.

At the moment, no. Currently, the Harts have the belts and are feuding with the Uso's. This feud could go on for quite some time. This will allow The Dudebusters time to get over a little more, pending that they face some half decent tag teams (be they throw together or not). They have decent in-ring ability and a solid set of mic skills but there is still room for improvement. I think both of these guys have great potential but they need to use it to catch WWE's eye, after all, look what happened to Cryme Tyme. In the future they may have a shot but at the moment, they're warming the bench so to speak. There time will come should they seize it.

Never say Never!!

I think the tag titles could easily go to them, but like a few have said before me, its the matter of WHEN! They are a good team and yes, there aren't many tag teams, but you can see how WWE having been building tag teams lately...I think after tehe Uso's, we'll get Archer/Hawkins and then Dudebusters...but its also the matter of getting them on TV, and having them win tag team matches!!

I'd like to see them begin a feud with Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer. No belts involved I know, but gives both teams something to do, and maybe they could setup a number one contender match to take on the unified champions, would give a little bit to the Uso/Hart feud that could go for a long time on Raw.

Far worse teams have won the belt in the past, so it's possible, although while the belts are unified this could be a bit more difficult that normal.

As for the original question - yes, they will at some stage.

It's a good question Scotty. At their current situation I don't believe they will. They shine through as more of the second coming of Cryme Tyme in terms of what they're accomplishing.

But on the other hand. They could definitely get the championship gold they need to become a credible tag team. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to. They're decent in the ring. They're pretty decent on the microphone. The only thing these two are lacking is the looks. But holy hell we've seen that before haven't we? Yes we have - Dudebusters. Meet The Rockers.

The Rockers didn't accomplish much in WWE neither. But they sure as hell got over. They could probably win tag team gold in this way because of the fact that they're in an "era" where the smaller guys get a chance as well. The Rockers sure as hell weren't big guys. Bret Hart and Jim The Anvil Neidhart were certainly much bigger. And had a longer tenure with WWE to give them the championships.

I think the Dudebusters will eventually win tag team gold. But it could go both ways.

No way, not a chance. I'm suprised these guys have found their way to permant Superstars lineup. Don't get me wrong, they have bucket loads of talent and I do enjoy watching them, but theres no way their going to win the gold. MAYBE if the titles go back to each brand, but as long as they remain unified, No.

The Dudebusters kind of remind me of where the Hart Dynasty was when they first started off, only problem is they don't win at all. They need to start piling some wins before anyone takes them as a serious contender. I would love to see them win tag team gold, as I find them entertaining and pretty humorous. However I rank them last at the bottom of the WWE tag team totem pole. The Usos are the team on the rise, with the Hart Dynasty being the face of the division. Then I would have to put Hawkins and Archer there, as I think they have a more legit shot than the Dudebusters.

I'm not gonna give up hope of them becoming a top draw as they are still pretty young, Barreta (23) and Croft (30). If they can start getting some wins and look more legit a title shot could be reasonable in a year or show.

personally i don't like the dude busters and i really hope they don't win the tag team titles in my opinion, i enjoyed watching them more as just singles wrestlers. the gimmick they have together is pretty interesting but as far as there in ring performance i just have not been impressed. i don't feel like there doing anything thats any different than generic tag teams before them like deuce and domino and the bashum brothers.

I would like to see The Dudebusters win tag team gold, but I think it's going to be a while before it happens. I don't see them taking the belts off of The Hart Dynasty anytime soon, because It looks like The Usos might be in line to be the next unified tag team champions, and it should be a while before they wear the gold. Also, you just know WWE will probably throw one of their random superstar tag teams together at some point just like they did with Miz,Jericho,and Big Show.

I like The Dudebusters, but they're going to have to wait long time before they can become tag champs.

They are gonna have to wait a while, they have plenty of time to get over in the mean time and garner some reactions, because they are enjoyable to watch, and once they start winning more, they while be good tag title contenders. But you can't have them interfer with a good feud between The Harts and The Uso's, that would hurt that feud.

I think they will eventually win the tag goal. Maybe not this year but probably in a couple of years if they are still with the company. Right now I don't think they are ready just yet they need a couple of wins and improve there characters then they will be ready imo.

They are gonna have to wait a while, they have plenty of time to get over in the mean time and garner some reactions, because they are enjoyable to watch, and once they start winning more, they while be good tag title contenders.

Pretty much sums this whole thing up. The Dudebusters haven't really reached anything since joining the SD roster, except being the jobbers to the stars. I don't see them getting any tag team championship shot as of yet as there are plenty of other teams that could use it. Specifically on SD, there's Vance Archer and Curt Hawkins who have been on a roll as of late. The SES could challenge as well. Hell, Santino/Kozlov have more credibility at this point. It's just not there time, despite being an actual tag team.

In saying this, they have time to develop. These kids are getting air time and the ability to grow in the ring. Once they have established themselves and the officials are impressed with their work, then they may get a championship reign. For now, I'd say no... but these two could jump out of the blocks and impress so I'm not counting them out just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back