Will meets Ebay

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
and needs advice and help.

So, I've decided I want to buy stuff off ebay. (yay) I'm also considering buying some old vhs tapes off ebay, and am slightly worried I'll get fucked.

So, who here has shopped ebay and can give me advice on what to look for?

I mainly want to by-pass the bidding option and go straight to pay now. I'm also not going to pay over $30.00 so I'm strictly by-passing all the morons asking for $100.00+ for vhs tapes. :lmao: I might be new to this, but I'm not a fucking moron.

Anyways.. is anyone here an ebay shopper who can give me some advice on what to look for/do?

Check out their rating. The number goes up with every feedback they get. The higher the number and higher the percentage, the better they are.

Anything your looking to buy, the seller you should a high percentage of positive feedback. That will usually lower your risk of being fucked over.

I've never used it for something I could buy in store somewhere. I have a huge action figure collection (not a virgin) and I've gotten a lot of them off of ebay. I've also acquired most of my NES and SNES games there as well.

Check out their rating. The number goes up with every feedback they get. The higher the number and higher the percentage, the better they are.

Okay. Also, when a vhs tape says "acceptable" condition, does this mean its likely to have chewed parts in it, that won't play or may have a lot of static?

Anything your looking to buy, the seller you should a high percentage of positive feedback. That will usually lower your risk of being fucked over.

I've never used it for something I could buy in store somewhere. I have a huge action figure collection (not a virgin) and I've gotten a lot of them off of ebay. I've also acquired most of my NES and SNES games there as well.

I'm mainly and only considering buying Wrestling vhs tapes, that I can't find anywhere around my area.

The person I'm looking at is considered a Top-Rated Seller, and has 100% positive feedback. Consistently receives the highest buyer rating, ships items quickly, and has an excellent track record of service. (this is all located on the right top portion of the screen, right?)

I'd recommend reading the comments. You can get a lot of information out of there. What number is next to his name?

I've bought a couple of wrestling VHS's off of Ebay. They all worked but one and it was the first one I had bought . I bought it without looking at their feedback, so it was more my fault.

Like everyone else has said, the rating next to the user's name is a big indication. However always check the comments for recent auctions. They may have a 97% rating but if they've had nothing but negative feedback for the last 3 months it's a good indication that person fell off.

I echo what everyone else has said about the feedback and rating. In addition, I have purchased vhs wrestling tapes on ebay. I once bought a lot that included every WWE PPV from WM14 - Invasion. Out of all of those tapes only one was in bad condition, and that one might have actually been okay, because it screwed up right at the same time that my VCR bit the dust.

One additional comment: When looking at the feedback, look at comments that are related to sold items similar to what you want to buy. For example, if you are buying wrestling tapes, look for comments about other tapes the seller has sold. If he has 5000 positive comments and 12 negative, you want to make sure the 5000 aren't all for purchases made or for something unrelated, like selling pez dispensers, while the 12 negatives are the only 12 vhs auctions he sold...

Will, don't just go by total feedbacks. Go by the percentage of good compared to bad feedback. You can find that by clicking on the seller's feedback number (in your case, 14,???).

And make sure you check the RETURN POLICIES and ACCEPTED FORMS OF PAYMENT. SOOOOOOOOO important. Both could fuck you.

In Aus we get screwed over. Bastards. My friend did get a "phone" (cheap version of the iphone) for only $10 bucks and he got it. but sometimes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back