• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will John Cena Ever Tap Out .....Again?

Will John Cena Ever Tap Out?

• Yes

• No

• Yes but not to Bryan at Summerslam

Results are only viewable after voting.

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
The again part is for thosee of those that have memories that recall certain moments in 2003 and 2004 when Kurt Angle made John Cena tap out to his ankle lock and Chris Ben.... Undesirable #1 made him tap out to his crippler crossface

Now.... Cena has been on top for 8 yers and except for his tap out via Eric Bishoff to Kurt Angle back in 05... He has never quit or submitted and I get that WWE wants to keep their babyfaces strong and yeah they shouldnt quit but everyone reaches their breaking out..... Orton tapped out to Bryan a month ago.... CM Puk Tapped out to Bryan last year ..... HHH has tapped out to Cena the last time EC 2010..... The Rock tapped out to Benoit back in 02 during his face run as undisputed champion..... Hogan tapped out to Angle in 02 as well.... Stone cold has tapped out to Angle, Benoit and Jericho.....

The point is.... Every face eventually reaches their breaking point sometime during their stay on top....

You can its part of Cena's Character to never quit never tapped out never surrender but.... He is scheduled to defend his title against Bryan at Summerslam who currently does not have a pinning finishing manuever.... And as fun as it is for Bryan to take the title for Cena with a roll up... Bryan needs to win decisively against Cena to cement his spot and his legacy.... Ergo he needs to make Cena Tap Out

My question is..... Will Cena tap out on Sunday against Bryan or ever for that matter?

Despite what the IWC thinks, he will not tap out to Daniel Bryan, or anyone. Cena is just too big. It's not happening. Also, as much as I'd like it to happen, he'll never scream "I Quit"

Simple answer, No. Not while he has this never give up character, In my opinion he should tap to Bryan at Summerslam to move Bryan up to the Elite Main Event level but we all know that won't happen, IF Bryan wins and thats a big IF it will be a simple roll up with Cena looking surprised as Bryan lifts the title

If Cena were to tap out at Summerslam, it would be a great way for Bryan to get over, while having Orton cash in moments afterwards and giving him a heel turn and align him with Vince as being the new "company guy". It would be a miracle if Cena "snapped" and beat down Bryan thus causing a heel turn for Cena aswell. I know, bring the hate, turning the top two faces heel all of a sudden. But you can still have Cena by himself and Orton being Vince's guy. Top faces now being Bryan, Ziggler, a returning Mysterio, Jericho(while hes still there), and Punk.

Cena tapping out would be a surprise but I don't think its happening. The odds are greatly against him as I can't remember The #1 face in any company tapping out. There's a better chance that Cena passes out in the YES lock rather than actually giving up. Unless Cena is getting a character overhaul or the WWE has some REAL high hopes for Daniel Bryan I don't see it happening.

It would be a great moment and would shock the hell out of people but it seems quite unlikely it would happen. Wrestling 101 dicatates "Thy top face shall never give up or submit under any circumstance including being tied to a post and getting mercilessly beaten with a kendo stick, bleeding profusely while being trapped in a sharpshooter or trapped in a figure four while leg is severely injured by Mr. Perfect, Ric Flair and Razor Ramon. ". The wrestling logic rule book is very detailed like that.

I don't see him tapping out but I think what would be good is if he stays in the hold for so long, he fades. That way he didn't give up and Daniel Bryan still looks like a great submission wrestler.

Never say never. I can see Cena tapping out in circumstances that are shady. I recall The Rock tapping out of Benoit with the help of Lesnar's distraction. It shocked the heck out of me but I thought it was a cool touch. I think if they want a superstar to become a legit submission wrestler I can see Cena tapping out similar to how The Rock tapped.

As of now, I just do not see it ever happening. He won't tap to Daniel Bryan, hell I do not see Cena tapping until his career is over and he is actually passing the proverbial "torch" as they say. For now, Cena is not going to tap out anytime soon.

They could use that as his retirement angle a few years from now. If Cena taps out, he's done. That shit will draw for sure.

Bryan made Orton tap, which is a rarity, so if he is set to win at Summerslam then I see a big chance of his victory being by submission. If it doesn't go down that way, then no, Cena will never tap.

Bryan doesn't need any help getting over, he routinely gets the biggest pop of the night. The next time Cena taps will be when they want to elevate someone to the next level. Of course it will happen, no one, and I repeat NO ONE goes out on top in the wrestling business. There are only very rare exceptions, and they are usually due to injury (like Edge). Cena will use his star power to help a monster heel one day get to the top of the card, it's inevitable.

At this stage in his career, I highly doubt it. He's too big, and if he were to tap out to someone it would have to be someone who needs the push but is established enough in the industry so as to not make Cena look weak. In other words: Daniel Bryan. I dont know what angle they're going to run with this, if Orton indeed cashes in I think and hope its on Bryan because honestly who wants to see Orton vs Cena... again. However, if Orton isnt cashing in then I suspect an upset, Cena walking out with the title, which could potentially push DBry Over the edge and turn him heel.

Bryan should make him tap out at Summerslam. Like another poster mentioned, he made Orton tap out, and if they want to get Bryan super over he should tap Cena out too. That being said, no I don't think he will ever tap out again. I wouldn't even be surprised if Cena beat Bryan clean on Sunday. Cena is too big. He has the never give up thing going, and I don't see it happening unless it is at the very very end of his career.

Top faces don't tap. It makes them throw up their extra wholesome apple-pie. In Cena's case, this is especially so. The guy's whole message is to never give up. Nothing wrong with that - Bryan could still steal a roll-up victory.

In the very highly unlikely event of Cena's heel turn, yes. He'll tap out like a champ. But after his little "heel turn" speech after WM29, I doubt we're ever going to see it.

Knowing the WWE's booking, Cena will probably make Bryan tap to the STF, for the lulz. I just hope Bryan has any momentum going after SummerSlam.

I don't think Cena will tap out to Daniel Bryan at Summerslam. Heck, I don't believe Cena will tap out to anyone until he turns heel (If he ever turn). Cena's too big right now and he still is #1 guy in the company.

I noticed that people here have mentioned other examples of past wrestlers that tapped out in order to elevate someone such as The Rock, Steve Austin and Hogan. However, there's a difference between them and Cena. First of all, The Rock. IMO back in 2002 when Rocky left, Vince and the WWE didn't know if he would come back. That's why they decided to use him as best as possible and that use was putting over as big as possible the next gen stars, who at the time were Benoit and Lesnar. Cena isn't going anywhere.
As for Hogan and Austin, the first was by no means #1 guy in the company and everybody knew that he wasn't a long term player at that time, that's why the WWE decided to use him in a similar way they used The Rock. And Austin was a heel.

Top faces never tap if there isn't a huge reason behind it. Daniel Bryan isn't one. Even if he does win the title or even make Cena tap, it doesn't mean that he is going to be the next HUGE superstar. Even after that it will need some time. That's why WWE doesn't want to risk it, especially with Cena being "mister never give up".
Him tapping out would result in an instant heel turn in the eyes of the little children and would shatter every moral and things like that for them :p

If Cena were to tap out at Summerslam, it would be a great way for Bryan to get over, while having Orton cash in moments afterwards and giving him a heel turn and align him with Vince as being the new "company guy". It would be a miracle if Cena "snapped" and beat down Bryan thus causing a heel turn for Cena aswell. I know, bring the hate, turning the top two faces heel all of a sudden. But you can still have Cena by himself and Orton being Vince's guy. Top faces now being Bryan, Ziggler, a returning Mysterio, Jericho(while hes still there), and Punk.

I would rather see Cena stay a face and pass the torch to Bryan as if to say "YOUR Time is Now". Turning Cena heel would just overshadow Bryan's victory and make Bryan the "top face by default" and he deserves better than that.

His slogan is "Never give up" so I don't think he's going to be tapping out any time soon. He may pass out from pain but he won't tap.

I can see Cena tapping out at SUmmerslam, however due to a ref bump or something of that nature bryan has to break the hold. I still see bryan winning just to loose it to a cash-in to ortons heel turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back