• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Dolph Ziggler's career turn into the Miz's?

tru_overdose

Occasional Pre-Show
if he is shoved into the main event before he is truly ready?

It bothers me to compare the two, seeing how they are polar opposites, but they do have a lot of similarities. Both are heels. Both of them have managers. Both of them worked big matches such as main events on RAW and PPV's. The big difference is in the ring, where Dolph is light years past where the Miz was around the same time.

With it rolling into the big time part of year, i just wonder, say if Dolph was to Main Event WM, if it wouldn't possibly backfire and in 3 months he is working mid card on RAW again like the Miz. I think he could definitely benefit from a year main eventing on Smackdown first.

Also, are people really sold he is at the point where he can carry a brand, unlike the Miz, who (clearly) needs other stars around him to make him shine?

Miz isn't working the midcard because his push backfired. Miz is working the midcard because other angles have been deemed more "important." And I wouldn't even really call him a midcarder. He's feuding with other "main event" level talent who are in the same position that he is.

I think Ziggler could carry a brand. His mic work improved greatly over the year, and his ring work speaks for itself.

Will Dolph Ziggler's career turn into the Miz's?
Let's hope so. Miz is a great talent but I'm pretty sure creative sees the current main event storylines a lot more important than he is no matter how much talent he has. Especially @ the upcoming Rock vs Cena thing going down at wrestlemania.

He won't be sent back to the midcard "like the Miz" because he wasn't sent there. They just have their priorities in check. R Truth is the same way, really. Both are ME guys doing Upper-midcard matches because for the time being what's going on > what they can do. No shame in that.

Well, unlike the Miz he IS ready for the main event, and he's a lot more talented than Miz overall. I don't see him falling back to the mid card if he makes it now.

I don't think that Dolph's push will result in his career turning out like the Miz's. The main reason is that Dolph is being pushed quite subtly for a long time. Miz's push was abrupt compared to Ziggler's.

Also, Ziggler is significantly better than Miz in the ring. While his mic skills are not yet as good as Miz's, he has improved a lot in the past few months, while Miz has not shown any real improvement in either his mic or ring skills.

It bothers me to compare the two, seeing how they are polar opposites, but they do have a lot of similarities. Both are heels. Both of them have managers. Both of them worked big matches such as main events on RAW and PPV's. The big difference is in the ring, where Dolph is light years past where the Miz was around the same time.

With it rolling into the big time part of year, i just wonder, say if Dolph was to Main Event WM, if it wouldn't possibly backfire and in 3 months he is working mid card on RAW again like the Miz. I think he could definitely benefit from a year main eventing on Smackdown first.

Also, are people really sold he is at the point where he can carry a brand, unlike the Miz, who (clearly) needs other stars around him to make him shine?

Subtle differences though. They both have/had managers, but Miz more or less had a protege. Vickie Guerrero's sole purpose is to draw heat for Ziggler and get people to remember his name. Alex Riley was hitched to Miz to get A-Ry a rub and bring a little bit more heat to the Miz as a WWE Champion. You also have to remember that Miz did very well as the Champion, and had John Cena and later on the Rock to take some of that burden of "carrying the brand" off his shoulders. I don't think Miz failed in any way, and he's not working the mid-card because his main event push was a flop. Keep in mind, in the last six months he's had PPV matches with John Cena, the Rock, Triple H, and CM Punk. He also fought for the WWE title at the last PPV.

You also say this like Miz is so far ahead of Dolph Ziggler. While Miz was the WWE Champ last year, Ziggler was working towards a run at the World Heavyweight title, and many feel he deserved at that point. In the year since then he's came out of nowhere, and is light-years ahead of where Miz was before taking the WWE title. I still think Ziggler should spend another year working towards it, but I think by this point it's not going to happen. THey are eager to get that belt on him, and if Punk wasn't such a hot commodity right now I think that would be a reality.

Anyways, the simple answer is no. Ziggler is ahead of the MIz's point last year, and I'd even wager to say he's ahead of him now. Don't count Miz out though, he's still got a lot to prove and lot he hasn't done yet at the top of the WWE.

I disagree. Ziggler is way more talented than Miz. I mean.. Miz has ok mic skills...but his in-ring performances.. not so much. Ziggler is great on the mic too and awesome in the ring

Yeh I agree there.

Miz isn't bad. He can be seriously entertaining, but he isn't fantastic in the ring. I can't name too many genuinely impressive in-ring outings he's had, whereas Zig got himself noticed by performing in-ring (selling, mainly).

I think he's also surprisingly everyone by showing he can properly talk, and perhaps go on to surpass Miz's mic skills (some would argue he's there now, but let's give it a little more time).

Miz's career isn't flying high right now but that's to be expected. The Miz was WWE Champion for most of the first half of 2011 and did a good job as champion in my opinion. Right now, he's in a bit of a slump but not everybody can be in the main event picture. He works hard, always does what's asked and puts out his best in whatever he does. Eventually, he'll be back as a top heel, or possibly even a face, at some point down the line. After all, even guys like Chris Jericho stepped out of the main event scene sometimes.

As for Ziggler, he's improved by leaps and bounds. He gave the promo of his career this past Monday on Raw, he's got the ability inside the ring, he has a good look, he's extremely athletic but I don't think they're really making him a solidified main event guy yet. As they were doing with his program with Edge in late 2010 through early 2011, I think WWE is ultimately still testing Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler has improved on the mic quite a bit, he's delivered some great matches against Punk and is carrying himself like a star. At the same time, I don't think WWE is going to pull the trigger on Ziggler until much later in the year. We've all read the same stories & articles online that say that it's most likely going to be Punk entering a program with Chris Jericho for WrestleMania, and probably for a while after that. Ziggler, however, is in a much stronger place overall now than he was last year due in part to his greatly improved promo skills, so there's little chance of him being lost in the WM shuffle this year and will most likely have a much more prominent spot on the card, possibly against Mick Foley.

There are certain similarites between Miz & Ziggler, most obvious is the fact that both of these men have scratched and clawed for every inch of ground they've gained in WWE. They've worked extremely hard to get over and improve themselves. Miz strikes me as someone that will remain a consistent fixture in the upper mid-card/main event scene for years to come and I have a feeling Ziggler will ultimately be in the same boat.

I don't think so. Like most everyone else, I don't think The Miz has exactly fallen from grace, but I also think that Ziggler has a lot more natural, in-ring talent than The Miz. Ziggler's character is much more easily evolvable than The Miz's and I think that's probably the only problem that The Miz truly has at the moment. My biggest problem with The Miz is that his character can/has grown slightly stale. We've seen him step it up in the last few weeks and if it's something that continues to happen then I think we'll be laughing about this thread in a few months. Not that I don't enjoy Miz's work, because I do, but I can easily picture Ziggler going on to being a Mr. Perfect-type asset to the company. Hopefully he'll be headlining Wrestlemania XXIX in the a title match.

Nothing pisses me off more on these boards than when a fan comes out and thinks a guy isn't getting pushed - or has lost his steam - just because he's not in the WWE Title picture. I swear, some of you guys think that the only way to be "over" is to either be the champ or the #1 contender - and you're either too blind or too stupid to realize that a guy like The Miz hasn't lost any steam in the past year.

Let's look at the last four months of his career.

October: Miz and R-Truth defeat Triple H and CM Punk at Vengeance.
November: Miz and R-Truth headline Survivor Series against Rock/Cena
December: Miz headlines TLC against Punk and ADR in a WWE Title match.
January: Miz/R-Truth angle is one of the main angles on Monday Night Raw.

From the way some of you guys are talking, you'd think The Miz wasn't even on TV every week ... or that he was jobbing to Hunico. Do you guys even realize that he's currently involved with one of the bigger angles on Raw - an angle that has generated at least 5-10 minutes of TV time EVERY week since the end of last year?

If Dolph Ziggler's next four months are as successful as The Miz's last four months were, then Ziggler should be happy.

I think Ziggler is better than The Miz. Miz is good, very good but Ziggler, when he breaks through the glass celing, he will stay on top for a good period of time.
The Miz was great with his WWE title run but was only a third wheel for the majority of that reign due to The Rock's return and subsequent back and forths with Cena.
I think Vince is holding off on throwing Ziggler into the main event mix until he feels Ziggler is the number one heel on Raw.
Im expecting this to happen from after the Royal Rumble

The idea that Dolph Ziggler is better than The Miz is laughable. It's a sign that the IWC's fawning over Ziggler has gotten out of hand.

The Miz was ready for the main event back in late-2010. No doubt about it. He was getting very good reactions (without Vickie Guerrero, might I add) and looked right among the top guys. He looked like a star in the run-up to WrestleMania, and performed like one too.

Dolph Ziggler, on the other hand, has only recently started to get over. He looks completely out of his depth around CM Punk, never mind John Cena. And, he's far from reliable in the ring (unlike Miz). But if you forget all those things then yeah, sure, he's superior to The Miz this time last year.

You say The Miz returned to working the midcard. Did he though? Here's what I remember happening in 2011: The Miz stayed around the WWE Championship until June, proceeded to put over Alex Riley until August, hooked up with R-Truth in September and subsequently appeared in the main event of every remaining PPV. Not exactly slipping back into the midcard, is it? I'd be highly surprised if Ziggler has a year like that in 2012.

I definitely have to agree with most of the people here and say that the Miz is in no way inthe shitter. I'm not even real sure where that came from?

In this day and age, you can expect to see plenty of wrestlers with "early" title reigns. They need the stars, you know that already. What'll usually kill a career is the follow through. In this case, the initial push is fine, immediately after they fall off the planet.

I'm sure he'll get the same MITB treatment so many others have gotten.

I definitely have to agree with most of the people here and say that the Miz is in no way inthe shitter. I'm not even real sure where that came from?

In this day and age, you can expect to see plenty of wrestlers with "early" title reigns. They need the stars, you know that already. What'll usually kill a career is the follow through. In this case, the initial push is fine, immediately after they fall off the planet.

I'm sure he'll get the same MITB treatment so many others have gotten.

why do most of the people here say that Miz isnt in the shitter? that is what i don't understand. the Miz hasn't been relevant at all in 6 months.

He went from headlining WM to being a glorified jobber with mic time. He works hard, but he also still tries too hard (and fails to be believable). He has always came across an a non-threat on the mic, but recently, he has become Smackdown mid-card bad. NOOO reaction from the crowd, no viable feud, no viable promo.

He is by far the easiest Smackdown draftee already, regardless of what happens in the next few months, he will go to Smackdown. And he should be mid-card, and possibly TNA bound by next years WM. (BOLD, yet its true).

why do most of the people here say that Miz isnt in the shitter? that is what i don't understand. the Miz hasn't been relevant at all in 6 months.

He went from headlining WM to being a glorified jobber with mic time. He works hard, but he also still tries too hard (and fails to be believable). He has always came across an a non-threat on the mic, but recently, he has become Smackdown mid-card bad. NOOO reaction from the crowd, no viable feud, no viable promo.

He is by far the easiest Smackdown draftee already, regardless of what happens in the next few months, he will go to Smackdown. And he should be mid-card, and possibly TNA bound by next years WM. (BOLD, yet its true).

You could have used Swagger as an example, he was such an easy target! Didn't you read anyone else's post? The Miz has had a helluva year, from brutalizing wrestlers after Hell in a Cell to taking on The Rock and Cena as part of Awesome Truth. He was just in a fatal four way for the WWE title. Theyre still working on the Truth/Miz thing, right? Its a lot more than Riley is doing at the moment.

EDIT: I just read your last paragraph. Did you say Ziggles was TNA bound or am I on acid again? Nick Nemeth survived his Spirit Squad tenure (there entrance was hilarious with them all yelling their names) how do you figure he's going to go from his current position as promising up and coming main eventer to the TNA Roster page?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back