Will Cesaro get another opportunity?

BRAT

Dark Match Winner
As the title says,has the window of opportunities closed for Cesaro?

I was a huge fan of him back in the first half of 2014 when,he got a good push and he was built up as a viable competitor.

His momentum was destroyed and then he formed a very talented tag team.
Now,he has been left alone as Kidd may be out for even a year.

Do you think Cesaro will be pushed to the upper mid card as a singles superstar or he will become a jobber like before?

What are your predictions for him?

Between dropping his first name and pairing him with Paul Heyman, Cesaro has been screwed since 2014. He had no chance. It's been pretty clear Vince doesn't like him and never will. At this point, Cesaro can look forward to a good, long midcard career, which is nothing to be ashamed of, but he's never going to be a top guy.

The biggest problem is Cesaro is stuck on a roster full of talented wrestlers, and despite the fact he's one of the best, the WWE obviously likes some better than him. Even main eventers like Wyatt have had too take a back seat these days.

Cesaro hit his stride with Tyson Kidd, and hopefully he'll stay on as an upper-midcarder, at least until Kidd comes back. The fans love him, and if he every busts out the UFO they'll go nuts. I'll wait and see what happens in the little while with him, before I go off on a rant.

It's very hard for someone with a noticeable foreign accent to get over with the writers it seems. He's gold between those 4 ropes.. 4 sides once the bell rings. Unfortunately that is not nearly enough. It's not as if he didn't tear it down in NXT but yet Neville and Kevin Steen are getting the push he could only dream of.

The pairing with Heyman wasn't his fault.. they didn't even try to make that work and the golden opportunity for him to feud with Brock was there and they didn't even try to make it happen. This is why having 1 belt that matters sucks.. I think he could have possibly been a WHC by now on Smackdown at the very least

I honestly can't see him getting another chance anytime soon. He may just get a break like Jimmy Uso until his partner returns, maybe wrestle some pre-show matches on PPVs. I can't see him feuding with Owens, Rollins, Ryback.

The biggest problem is Cesaro is stuck on a roster full of talented wrestlers, and despite the fact he's one of the best, the WWE obviously likes some better than him. Even main eventers like Wyatt have had too take a back seat these days.

Yes that's the problem, the roster is completely full of talented young lads. But if you see, there aren't a lot of MainEvent stars except the Shield and Randy Orton. (Don't count Cena because he's trying to soliditate the US title) If WWE had realised that already they would've started to push other stars and started building up the MainEvent talents.

Cesaro got the talent. In the Elimination Chamber match he stood out among all the other competitors. Ever since Vince said on the Stone Cold podcast that Cesaro doesn't have that IT factor in him, he's been improving and the way he connects with the crowd is unbelievable. But we have to wait and see what's gonna happen with him.

Cheers!!

I don't see Cesaro being pushed to the main event scene because of what Vince McMahon himself believes and said on Steve Austin's podcast. He doesn't see that Cesaro connects with the audience and, as a result, it's unlikely that we'll see Cesaro as a main event level guy.

In terms of charisma when it comes to mic work and holding fans' attention, Cesaro isn't at his strongest by any stretch. However, that's not to say that he doesn't hold their attention because he's quite strong inside the ring. He sort of puts me in mind of Chris Benoit in the sense that he's won over most fans because of his excellent work inside the ring, though Benoit makes Cesaro look like The Rock when it comes to personality and mic work. If the WHC was still active, I could see Cesaro getting a run or two with it because, frankly, the WHC spent the last several years of its existence as the unofficial upper mid-card title in WWE. I don't see Cesaro winning the WWE Championship, I don't really even look for him to get a shot anytime soon. I think it's likely we'll see Cesaro as Intercontinental Champion somewhere down the line and MAYBE, JUST MAYBE he could be elevated to the main event if he has a strong run with the title, but that ultimately depends on Vince's belief in him and that's not a good sign unless his opinion of Cesaro has changed in the last 6 months.

I don't see Cesaro being pushed to the main event scene because of what Vince McMahon himself believes and said on Steve Austin's podcast. He doesn't see that Cesaro connects with the audience and, as a result, it's unlikely that we'll see Cesaro as a main event level guy.

And I would have agreed with you whole heatedly, but things have changed since that podcast. Also I think Cesaro's name was mentioned as sort of a kick in the ass to him to get it in gear. Which he has.

He was horrible as a heel, but as a face he's doing great work. The fans want to cheer him. He's strong, has some unique moves, and his feats of strength in the ring are awesome. He's not great on the mic, but then that can be said of a lot of wrestlers.

I was one of his detractors awhile back as well. I think the expression I used was he came across as a "cold fish". Since teaming up with Kidd though, he shows a little more personality and they have made a great though strange looking tag team. With Cesaro's strength, and Kidd's quickness and high flying style, they pretty much have all bases covered. Shame about Kidd's injury just as they were starting to roll.

But we are talking about the WWE here, and instead of pushing someone because they have the talent to go far, they push someone with looks. Cesaro can wrestle rings around a lot of the wrestler's that are getting the mega pushes today, and it's frustrating to sit and watch a guy with so much talent being held back.

As in my previous post, I really hope they don't push him back further, or forget about him. Worse though is if they try another heel turn. Cesaro is the one guy on the roster that could use a manager. If they gave him a mouthpiece, and just let him do his talking in the ring, he'd be a success. Sadly the WWE doesn't seem to see what's in front of them, and Cesaro will probably end up as another wasted opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back