Will Bryan Danielson become a first time two time ROH champ

Edgeheadfan

Dark Match Winner
Bryan Danielson is facing Nigel McGuinness in 2 week at a ROH PPV for the ROH title and many people think he will win the ROH title and be the first TWO time ROH champion.

What do you think?
Will he or will Nigel McGuinness hold the title and surpass Joe reign as longest ROH champion

Bryan Danielson is facing Nigel McGuinness in 2 week at a ROH PPV for the ROH title and many people think he will win the ROH title and be the first TWO time ROH champion.
What do you think?
Will he or will Nigel McGuinness hold the title and surpass Joe reign as longest ROH champion

This is really a 2 part question. First, regardless of who wins at the PPV, McGuiness will not be surpassing Somoa Joe's reign. Joe held the title just shy of 2 years. Nigel just hit the 1 year mark a month ago. I cannot believe that in the current state of ROH, the company will continue with their current champion for another full year.

Secondly, I do think that Danielson has a very good chance of becoming the first 2 time ROH champion. In fact, I am hoping that this is the case. ROH has been slowly (almost painful slow) been building up this match since the day Nigel was crowned champion. It's time for it to play out.

Danielson has always been a strong focal point for the company and I do think he is the best choice for 2 time champ if ROH is ready to take that step. I think the company still prides itself on long title reigns with guys that aren't referred to as "6 time world champion".

i think that the american dragon will be the first 2 time champ, but i hope they take a while longer.

if i was booking these shows, it would occur to me that maybe danielson is better chasing the title than wearing it.

what if, just before his title match, mcguinness were to drop the strap to say...tyler black. black cuts a promo about how he never promised dragon a title shot if he beat these guys, and feels no need to honor "a loser's promise."

what if danielson then had to beat each member of the age of the fall, despite interference from the others before his title shot?

it seems to me that this could lead to some good t.v.

also it could give showcase to other, more temporary, talent who would join the group just to wrestle danielson, pushing the angle a while longer.

just a thought.

I think Nigel is going to drop the belt within the next 2-3 months maybe at final resolution in NYC. The last time they were there they had Maurfuji come out and say Nigel has beaten everyone but him so I think this might be the direction they go as Nigel has actually beat the whole roster basically as champion. As for Danielson being the first two time champion I think this is a long way off unless they change the booking strategy. Tyler Black is prime for a reign at the top. Roderick has been with them forever and has constantly put on solid performances and might deserve a chance. Chris Hero as the lights out kid has gotten stale in the ring but has gotten some of the sickest crowd heat everywhere hes been going and SnS could use the title to continue pushing their group. There are just a lot of other guys I think will get the shot before Danielson gets a second title reign. There is also the chance that RoH does a swerve and Nigel loses the belt one day only to win it back shortly after. Aries did come back so maybe he will get it. Danielson is getting a serious role in NWA and did have a tryout win in WWE so you never know if he might get a big enough offer to go somewhere else, so no I don't think he will be the first two-time champ but clearly i could be wrong

I think he should win it. Hate him or love him there is no denying Danielson is one of if not the biggest star in ROH. The man is a legend to indy fans all around. He is a great wrestler and he entertains the fans who watch and enjoy ROH. I like how ROH focus' on long reigns instead of the # of reigns(although in the WWE the fans would eat them alive like they did with Cena's long regin)but I think with the legacy Danielson has in ROH he should win, and I think he will.

Bump! thx !  Her chores were never-ending. Sewing clothes for her family on the old Singer treadle machine, cooking meals and baking bread, planting and tending a vegetable garden, milking the goats and scrubbing soiled clothes on a washboard. But she was happy. Her family and their well-being were her highest priority.  Every day after chores and school, Reuben scoured the town, collecting the hessian nail bags. On the day the two-room school closed for the summer, no student was more delighted than Reuben. Now he would have more time for his mission.  All summer long, despite chores at home weeding and watering the garden, cutting wood and fetching water—Reuben kept to his secret task.  Then all too soon the garden was harvested, the vegetables canned and stored, and the school reopened. Soon the leaves fell and the winds blew cold and gusty from the bay. Reuben wandered the streets, diligently searching for his hessian treasures.  Often he was cold, tired and hungry, but the thought of the object in the shop window sustained him. Sometimes his mother would ask: “Reuben, where were you? We were waiting for you to have dinner.”  “Playing, Mum. Sorry.”  Dora would look at his face and shake her head. Boys.  Finally spring burst into glorious green and Reuben's spirits erupted. The time had come! He ran into the barn, climbed to the hayloft and uncovered the tin can. He poured the coins out and began to count. Information on the cheapest place to buy your Final Fantasy XI Gil. Never over pay for your FFXI GIL again. Top currency FFXI Gil service providers listed showing final fantasy gil, We work hard to offer the lowest prices of warcraft gold, buy wow power leveling cheap wow gold here.  Then he counted again. He needed 20 cents more. Could there be any sacks left any where in town? He had to find four and sell them before the day ended.  Reuben ran down Water Street.  The shadows were lengthening when Reuben arrived at the factory. The sack buyer was about to lock up.  “Mister! Please don't close up yet.”  The man turned and saw Reuben, dirty and sweat stained.  “Come back tomorrow, boy.”  “Please, Mister. I have to sell the sacks now—please.”The man heard a tremor in Reuben's voice and could tell he was close to tears.  “Why do you need this money so badly?”  “It's a secret.”  The man took the sacks, reached into his pocket and put four coins in Reuben's hand. Reuben murmured a thank you and ran home.  Then, clutching the tin can, he headed for the shop.  “I have the money,” he solemnly told the owner.  The man went to the window and retrieved Reuben's treasure.

Well, Nigel looks to be just about unbeatable right now, Dragon has tried and couldn't get the job done. The only way I see Bryan winning the title is if someone else dethrones Nigel and Danielson beats the man who does it soon there after. Either way, I do think ROH needs a two time champion soon, it would be a great feather in the cap for the man who achieves this feat weather it be Aries or Dragon. I am all about Nigel holding the belt for a little while longer, he is an amazing champion and I love longer title reigns with lots of defenses, it helps to make the title elusive and to build credibility for the title and the competitor that hold's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back