Roh Title/semi-main Event

kingdirrtysouth1

BOOK THIS! MAGAZINE ONLINE
I consider myself a novice ROH fan compared to other ROH fans as they've say way more of the product that I have. The ROH match I ever saw was the three way between Low Ki defeated Christopher Daniels and American Dragon that someone had uploaded, but it was a long time before I saw another one! I have seen quite few older ROH over the last few months and the HDnet matches that get uploaded to youtube as well. I like the product! One thing I've noticed in the past from reading ROH results online, is that they tend to hold title matches in the semi main event slot & close the show with another match like at Final Battle 2008 when Nigel McGuinness defeated Naomichi Marufuji in an epic encounter to retain the title & Bryan Danielson vs Morishima closed the show! The same thing happened at Glory By Honor VII. Steel Cage Warfare was the main event, the title match was in the semi main event slot! Why wouldn't they close every show with the world title matches? Were those shows built around those matches more than the world title matches? Was that the plan going in!

To me, the ROH World's Championship is very important and prestigous, but sometimes there is a match on the card that others may find more important because of the feud or the competitors involved. While I agree that the title should be the main event, I can see why ROH does this on occassion, sometimes personal vendetta is pushed in front of gold, but as long as the card is good I don't really care where the title ends up in the match lineup, just as long as it's there in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back