• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WHY?!

Most important thing on WWE TV last week?

• Shaq shoves Show

• Dreamer announces he'll face Christian in Extreme Rules

• Primo loses to Orton

• CM Punk attacks Jeff Hardy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
It's always been a big question of mine, but it was especially important last night to me. What am I talking about? Will I elaborate? Is this spam? Only time will tell.

Every week, on every show, we are treated to a recap of the most significant, Earth shattering events of the week from WWE's flagship show, Monday Night Raw. Seriously. Things like Legacy beating down Batisa, Triple H, or the McMahons have been recapped countless time... on every show. That said, can you honestly say that you've never watched something like this on ECW and thought "Why are we seeing this? Pretty much everyone who watches ECW watches Raw"?

My opinion has always been that there's more to gain by showing recaps of the less watched shows on Raw, which pretty much the whole of WWE's viewing audience watches anyway. Show us why SmackDown is important!! Or ECW!

Unfortunately, we haven't had a SmackDown recap on Raw since the one recapping SmackDown that followed Backlash.

Yes, you read that correctly.

My beef now?

Why was there no SmackDown recap last night? John Morrison has the biggest match of his life and CM Punk completes the biggest heel turn of the year and a has a moment that may have implications on the heel-face dynamic for years to come... and they say nothing?

Pathetic, WWE. Way to make us care.

Should there have been a SmackDown recap last night? Should there be one regularly?

I'm really not a huge fan of the recaps in the first place. I've always felt like they were more a way of filling air time that could be used to give us another match, even one with no storyline implications.

Accepting them as an inevitability, though, I'm going to agree with you, but with a caveat. While they would be better served airing a recap of something from ECW or Smackdown, a recap of something from Raw that happened on a different night can serve to remind the viewer of why the match they're about to see is important. It can also be used to really hammer home the significance of something they just saw. As in "before the break you saw such and such attack so and so. here's why you should care." That kind of thing.

So yeah, I can see both sides on this, but quite frankly, I'd really rather them just not do it at all if I had my choice.

I must say, I usually get tired of the tireless bitching. However, this one is right on the fucking point. What's the point of a Raw recap on Smackdown? If there are people who watch Smackdown but not Raw, it's likely because they don't have cable. I really shudder to think what the WWE will be in a few years. All the time wasted on fucking recaps could easily be used to build up a young guy.

In regards to the poll, I voted "CM Punk attacks Jeff Hardy" because it finally solidified Punk's heel turn in a very sinister way. The crowd was very into the attack and I think Punk is going to get some major heat in the next coming weeks, especially if he gets the title back. Now that he is a full blown heel, there is nothing to hold him back, and I can't wait to see what he does next.

Should there have been a SmackDown recap last night? Should there be one regularly?

Bleh recaps. I suppose I only don't like them because I've already seen what they're recapping, though. If I were stuck to only watching ECW, I would really like to see what happened on Raw or Smackdown.

However, to get to your point, a recap of Smackdown and ECW would be helpful for the ratings of those shows. At least, as helpful as you can get for a show that shows on MyNetwork TV, a station that is relatively uncommon for most basic cable providers.

I mean, it's quite obvious that Raw is only worried about itself, and the PPVs. Smackdown and ECW regularly have Raw recaps, yes? Then why can't Raw recap ECW and Smackdown in the time it takes to have The Swoggle fuck Chavo up for the 5th time?

CM Punk attacks Jeff Hardy because it was the only thing that happened that further a story that interesting and worth watching.

Orton allowed Primo the chance to look like a real contender, only to RKO any hopes of him doing anything meaningful away at the end of the match. But Primo did get to work some offense and defense in the match.

Dreamer announces he'll face Christian in Extreme Rules.. when did this happen? Were both Dreamer and Christian in the Ring? I must of skipped it, because it involved two of the worst people in the WWE currently. Anyway you cut it these two are both beyond boring. Put the ECW Title on Ryder already.

Shaq shoves Show. Oh boy this garbage again. Shaq has a reality TV show coming up, where he faces other sports stars in their perspective sport, him shoving Big Show will lead up to Big Show being on the show and possibly wrestling or boxing Shaq, either way it will suck, because the Big Show is garbage, and Shaq is a big fucking turd.

i think that saying CM Punk's heel turn will have an affect on the heel-face dynamic in wrestling for yrs to come.....is juuuuuust a bit of a stretch.....but thats just my opinion

recaps as should be shown on their respective show to highlight an upcoming match. i understand these are sponsored clips but seriously the snickers crunch of the night could be a bikini car wash and they wouldnt care because they will still get paid and snickers will get their ad on tv.

Recaps on Raw from Smackdown and ECW would be better than the repeated fucking bullshit of Chavo/Hornswoggle.

In all honesty I don't mind watching the recaps on SD & ECW even though I've seen it happen on Raw because it does remind you of what is happening on the other show but yes, I do agree with you. They should have brief recaps of SD & ECW on Raw too to build up their feuds and PPV match's.

It's as my fellow nWZo brotha said,

it's quite obvious that Raw is only worried about itself

Recaps of Smackdown would help show that it is a show that is actually worth watching now, moreso than Raw. That attack on Jeff Hardy was perfectly done, by the now fully established heel, CM Punk. That gets my vote.

First off, I voted for the severe beating Punk gave to Hardy, simply because it was the greatest thing I've seen on WWE in a long time.

I think we can all agree that Raw recaps are pretty much a waste of time. I understand that it's the flagship show, and that more attention is given to it, more effort is put into it, it's advertised more, etc., but the absence of Smackdown! and ECW recaps makes it seem as if those shows don't matter. How would I, as a superstar on one of these shows, feel about the fact that the actions of me and my peers are mostly ignored by WWE? I would feel pretty bad, frankly.

As already mentioned on this forum, if someone watches ECW, then they likely A:also watch Raw or B:don't watch and don't care. I've even heard complaints on these forums that some people don't get the network that Smackdown! is on, while Raw can be seen with basic cable. I get that some people don't have cable, and thus rely on the Raw recap for info on the show, but it should at least be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back