Why?

DD84

PWN
It seems as though any time there is a new young superstar, we as fans like to proclaim him as the next so and so. Then we he or she doesn't live up to expectations we are quick to bash and destory them. Shouldn't we just let young stars develop and then say, they will be the first so and so. This also happens to older wrestlers when they have a breakthrough, like Jeff Hardy, a lot of people said he would be the next Sting. Why can't he just be Jeff Hardy? Does anyone have an answer as to why we love to compare wrestlers without stats?

That is a very good point well made fella. Another example is Ted Dibiase Jnr, who Vince McMahon himself apparantly labelled him the next Randy Orton. Why is there a need for this? Can he not be the first Ted Dibiase Jnr?

It is like Morrison being the next HBK, MVP being the next Rock, Kennedy being the next Stone Cold. It puts too much pressure on the men. Let them establish themselves so they can become an original wrestler. John Cena is the first John Cena, not the second Hulk Hogan. There is a likeness, but they have established themselves differently.

Good post.

That is a very good point well made fella. Another example is Ted Dibiase Jnr, who Vince McMahon himself apparantly labelled him the next Randy Orton. Why is there a need for this? Can he not be the first Ted Dibiase Jnr?

It is like Morrison being the next HBK, MVP being the next Rock, Kennedy being the next Stone Cold. It puts too much pressure on the men. Let them establish themselves so they can become an original wrestler. John Cena is the first John Cena, not the second Hulk Hogan. There is a likeness, but they have established themselves differently.

Good post.

what does Jnr mean?

You know what get me though How fans have become age biased, The fan are pushing so hard for Taker to retire and its like why? and the only reason they say is because he Old that bother just like how they say HBK does not need/is above the Title sometime when they say stuff like that It make me almost sick

Its funny How fans complain about Lensure becoming champion in his first 6 months in WWE yet these are the same fans who wanted MVP and Mr. Kennedy to win the WWE title in their Debut match

Junior. His father is Ted Dibiase Snr (senior) Maybe you recognise it better as Jr. but I have seen is used as Jnr as well.

I think it will always have happened though, I bet the Rock was occasionally mentioned as the next Hulk Hogan at one point, but from a personal viewpoint the Rock was the first superstar I really got into with wrestling so he was the first Rock to me. For example. youngsters now would see these wrestlers as originals and not compare them to anyone. It is just a natural thing for older people. Such as in football, Cristiano Ronaldo is commonly referred to as the "new George Best" It is just a sad fact of life I think.

I think the reason the fan push the young wrestler so fast is because they have no respect for the past They have these attitude out with the old in with the new and that what KILLING wwe.

We the fans have become the reason why so many wrestler life are cut short

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back