• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Yokozuna Beats The Undertaker

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Why Yokozuna beats The Undertaker
Round 5 Preview

The Undertaker is a mainstay and a juggernaut of professional wrestling history. I want to concede that right off the bat. There hasn't been a challenge that he has overcome yet. He is resilient, strong, fast, and above all - talented.

And he draws Yokozuna in Round 5, and I say Yoko beats him. Here's why.

1. Yokozuna negates Undertaker's Power. One of Taker's advantages over most opponents is the fact that he outmuscles them. I am certainly not suggesting that Yokozuna is stronger than Undertaker, but Yoko's size negates Undertaker's strength. As a result, two of Undertaker's three major finishing maneuvers are negated! Taker won't chokeslam Yokozuna. Taker won't tombstone Yokozuna. Taker sure as hell won't Last Ride Yokozuna.

2. Yokozuna negates Undertaker's Submissions. Yokozuna has amazing girth in his upper and lower body. Bret Hart couldn't get a proper Sharpshooter on him, and he has such upper body size and strength, Taker would not be able to cinch in a proper triangle choke to gain the win over Yokozuna.

3. Paul Bearer is a non-factor. With Jim Cornette and Mr. Fuji at ringside, the Undertaker gains no special advantage over Yokozuna. In fact, Yoko has a 2-to-1 manager advantage, but we'll call it even.

4. Undertaker can't "sit up" after a Banzai Drop. If a 550-lb man is sitting on your chest after slamming ass-first onto it, you're not going to just "sit up." And Yoko isn't stupid enough to be in that position and then roll off the Undertaker to taunt him. He's too focused.

5. Yokozuna can strike as well as Taker. Well, almost as well. Taker is one of the best strikers in the WWE. But as fast as his hands are, Yoko's kicks are lethal. Plus, in order to strike Yoko, Taker has to get in close. Getting close to Yokozuna will put Undertaker within arms reach of the devistating Belly to Belly Suplex.

Gimmick Effects

Steel Cage. Benefits Undertaker. Yoko has enough trouble getting out of the ring with no cage. And he sure as hell can't climb the thing. So if the match is steel cage with escape rules, Taker wins.

Ladder Match. No fair. Taker wins.

30-minute Iron Man. Benefits Yokozuna. He can score a quick pin after a Belly-to-Belly, a leg drop, or a banzai drop. Taker still cannot hit his big moves. Yoko wins.

Ultimate submission match. Benefits Yokozuna. I mentioned taker can't triangle choke Yokozuna. His only hope is an Ankle Lock. Otherwise he has no chance. Yoko can lock in a bear hug and end it. Yoko wins.

Regular Wrestling Match. Benefits Yokozuna. Taker doesn't have the strength to shoot in on Yoko's legs and take him down. All Yoko has to do is sprawl and turn taker. The ONLY person who would have a shot at Yoko is this style match is Brock Lesnar. Plus, once Yoko flips Taker to his back, he's not getting out. Yokozuna wins.

Tables Match. Benefits Yokozuna. Yoko can toss Taker though a table like a rag doll. Taker cannot slam Yoko at all, let alone through a table. Yoko wins.

Last Man Standing. Benefits Undertaker. Remember SummerSlam against Lex Luger? Yoko got knocked out of the ring and practically needed a forklift to get him up. If Taker knocks Yoko down hard 4 or so times, Yoko won't have the strength to get up by a 10 count.

Falls Count Anywhere. Benefits Yokozuna for the 5 reasons above. Yoko wins.

Sadistic Madness Match. Benefits Yokozuna. Both men can bleed, but then the 5 rules above take precedent and Yokozuna still wins.

I Quit Match. See Submission Match. Yoko wins.

Bullrope / 4 Corners. Yokozuna wins. It's a hell of a lot easier for Yoko to drag Taker around than it is for Taker to drag Yoko. Yokozuna wins.

Dog Collar Match. Benefits Yokozuna. I was going to say Taker originally, but face it - if Yoko can pull Taker in, he can use his weight and start throwing Taker around. Yokozuna wins.

Clockwork Orange Match. Undertaker wins. Again, Yoko won't get to the weapons, and he won't leave the ring. So Taker can get weapons, keep a distance, and strike until Yoko goes down and is able to be pinned. Undertaker wins.

2 out of 3 falls. See 5 rules above. Yoko wins.

Lumberjack Match. Benefits Yokozuna because if he leaves the ring he NEEDS help getting back in, even if he takes a beating it's better than expending the energy. Plus, Taker has made more enemies in his career than Yoko has. Yoko wins.

Stretcher Match. Benefits Yokozuna. If by some miracle Taker manages to get Yoko's fat ass on a stretched, there is NO WAY that thing makes it one foot let alone the length of the entrance ramp before collapsing. Yoko wins.

This gives Yokozuna a 12-4 advantage in the stipulations matches. That means a 75% chance Taker loses and Yokozuna advances. If you're a Deadman fan, you cannot like those odds.

Are you kidding me with this politicing right now. Yokozuna over the Undertaker???? No chance in hell. Yoko has the size yes but that is it in my eyes and the Undertaker has the advantage in every other aspect of the match and most importantly the ability to move around and be agile. If Bret Hart can beat Yoko in a regular matchup then how the hell cant the Undertaker. The only time Yoko beat the Undertaker was with the help of about a dozen other men.

Undertaker in a cake walk.

[QUOTE="Rush" GSP;362658]If Bret Hart can beat Yoko in a regular matchup then how the hell cant the Undertaker.[/QUOTE]

Hart got lucky because Yoko slipped and fell off the 2nd rope. If that doesn't happen, Hart doesn't win. It's as simple as that. You can't actually pin Undertaker's hopes on LUCK, can you?

[QUOTE="Rush" GSP;362658]The only time Yoko beat the Undertaker was with the help of about a dozen other men.[/QUOTE]

In Undertaker's Match. A Casket Match. WHICH is exactly why I have Yokozuna winning a Lumberjack match with Taker, because Royal Rumble '93 proved that Taker has WAY TOO MANY ENEMIES, and not enough friends.

Nope, i'd still take Undertaker over Yoko. At his best Yoko was much lighter and i have a memory of Undetaker chokeslamming him. Undertaker doesn't get caught out by the banzai drop because he'd be so near the ropes.
It'd take a fairly biased matchup like a tables match for Yoko to win this one.

Seriously people. This match belongs to Yoko. The only way taker wins are as IC25 stated. Matches, like the ladder, where climbing or agility are involved in the finish. Yoko is the greatest heel ever. You can't have him going down here. And even though it doesnt exactly thrill me, i'm scared to see if anyone is going to be able to knock off yoko in this thing. But with all due respect to taker, for everything he's done, Yoko should take this one fairly easy.

Points 1, 2 and 4 and perfectly correct.

5 is open for debate, and on a personal level I'd argue that Taker is still the far superior striker, and traditionally strikes negate throws, and not the other way around.

The main point I take issue with however is; "Yokozuna negates Undertaker's Submissions". For one, I'm not infact convinced that Taker would be unable to lock in his triangle choke variant if we take Yoko during his prime.
I'd argue that, if we take Yoku during the period during which he was the very best (which seems to be the established precedent for this contest) he was quite a long way off of the 550 mark he reached in WWF, and from what I've seen of him during that time, I don't think his shoulder span was wide enough to make the choke unfeasible.

Additionally, Taker's new submission hold is not the only maneuver he has proven himself able to use effectively in the past. Off the top of my head I can remember his making Kurt Angle tap out to an armbar takedown, and whilst Yokozuna's size will certainly make that hold difficult to apply, shoult it become locked in (not hard to imagine, especially if taken from a vertical base) his... spherical mass will infact become disadvantageous to him, hindering his ability to fight out of the hold.

So with that in mind, coupled with the fact that Taker has an extensive history of no-selling submission holds, I'm going to be voting Taker is we get any kind of submission/I Quit match.

I'm also seriously leaning towards Taker in an ironman scenario. I'll want to watch a bit more Yokozuna before I make a call in that situation, but I simply don't believe he has the stamina to match Taker in such a prolonged match.

EDIT: Well abarently my ability to rationalise far outstrips my ability to count. Sub out the numbers I got wrong and add in the correct ones. Thanks. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back