Why with Edge's 2 recent re-unitings..

AxAs

Occasional Pre-Show
First thread so go easy on me, I didn't see a topic on it and it's not necessarily a huge topic of discussion but it's just something that annoyed me a bit and speaking with friends annoyed them aswell.

A while back we saw the re-uniting for one night only of Rated RKO (Randy Orton and Edge) they even advertised it as "Rated RKO vs Miz and Ziggler" or atleast called them Rated RKO at some point. And then last Friday on Smackdown we saw E&C reunite.

My question is why did creative not make them enter with their old entrances? I was really looking forward - especially with E&C - to seeing them enter through the crowd to their old music and maybe even if we were lucky strike a 5 second pose. But they didn't play on any of this. I just feel it would of given a great nostalgia feeling for the fans

So my question is why did they not come out with their old entrances and enter separately. It was basically like teaming Edge with any random face, it didn't seem like them reunited. Was it because they wanted to focus the attention on Edge vs Del Rio as Edge has the title or what do you believe is the reason?

Discuss.

Lets say that RatedRKO came out to the ring like they used to back in 07. First of all, it would have been stupid since the music was a remix of Alter Bridge's "Metalingus" and Mercy Drive's "Burn in My Light", and Orton now uses "Voices" by Rev Theory. Second, wouldn't have made sense anyway, as most people wouldn't remember RKO and even if they did it isn't like they have a long lasting legacy as a tag team or anything. And finally, Orton is perceived as a loner, loners come out by themselves, it would have been stupid if he came out with Edge.

As for E&C, again, wouldn't have made much sense. Having them back together was a great thing to see, they're my favorite tag team of all-time actually, but even I didn't care that they came out separately. They aren't a team anymore, they're individuals now. It's like, why didn't they do the five second pose?

Definitively, I have no actual answers, but those are my possibly reasons for them not doing it.

I get what you mean i suppose, and i guess my question was more about E&C (we did get a little tease in Christian's pre-match interview with the whole "reaked of awesomeness" etc), I get how they're now focussed around their singles career I just think it would of been a nice touch to the match.

I guess they didn't make too much of a fuss about Rated RKO as they weren't together for the longest time and only had 1 World Tag Team Championship reign I believe, if I'm wrong, correct me.

With E&C, with the entrance through the crowd and the five second pose, maybe Vince just didn't want to do that and build up fans expectation that we were going to see an actual full time re-uniting with Edge and Christian. If they had done it and then they went back to their singles stuff next week, there would be some fans bitching about it not being full time blah blah so I guess they just wanted to hint at the past, not bring it back and let people down when it didn't happen next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back