Why the WWE should bring back the Crusierweight title

The cruiserweight belt would be ideal on smackdown but wwe has a lack of talent on the roster to fulfill reviving the title. Also todays roster of talent doesn't compare to the old quality boys like hurricane, tajiri, matt hardy etc who had the ability to put on great spot fests. Once hornswoggle won the last belt i think they intended to tarnish its reputation for good.

Scott Fishman of the Layfield report came in with this today:

Today the company [WWE] has a real shot at producing its best cruiserweight or light heavyweight division yet. Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel Xavier Woods and Tyson Kidd are performers that stand out and have the potential to make something out of it.

Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Seth Rollins and Mysterio are a few others who would meet or close to meeting the weight requirement. This time around the title doesn't have to be made inferior to the other championships. Therefore having a top competitor holding the gold would give it instant legitimacy.

The crusiersweight title & division are not only a big part of the WWE's history, it's apart of all wrestling history going back to when ECW brought in the CW's from Mexico & Japan. So to all those critics knocking the crusierweight championship making a comeback to the WWE. Ya'll need to visit Google & Youtube to review the history of the once grand division.

No.

Americans see it as a minor league title. You are basically saying "these guys can't compete vs the big boys, so here is their title". There isn't a "fatass title" or slow, overweight wrestlers so why have one for small, quick ones. It also limits the stories you can tell. What if the cruiser weight champion doesn't like a guy who is 240? Tough shit for a title shot I guess.

Weight limits are for "real" sports to create competition and safety. You don't need that in the WWE because it's about storytelling. If you want to see Bourne vs Bryan, just do it. Why do you need a limiting title to justify it?

The Crusierweight division is the WWE

The WWE doesnt have big dudes anymore.. they are all boring skinny guys like Brett and Shawn.

What is the point of brining back a tittle like that when your whole roster is under 200lbs??

The 80's are sadly gone and wrestling gods no longer exsist... the point of a Crusierweight division was to show off your lighter talent

but when all ur talent looks like high school boys and not barbarians like they should ... wrestling just sucks balls!!!

Before you bring back the Crusierweights bring back steroids first.. other wise John cena will be fighting himself for the heavey weight tittle!!!!

Reasons why the WWE should have a cruiserweight title:

1) It gives a lot of their smaller sized talent something to strive for...a way to be relevant in a promotion that has a bias towards big guys.

2) It gives fans an opportunity to see a different style of match. That different style means more variety. More variety means something that may attract more viewers, and less boredom over a 3 hour show for all.

Reasons why the WWE should NOT have a cruiserweight title:

1) They've shown an active disregard for cruiserweights in the past. Tyson Kidd will be the cruiserweight champion one week, and the fucking Gobbledygooker the next.

2) They don't have the experience to put on an effective cruiserweight "division". Comes as a result of #1. The pacing of cruiserweight matches are different from traditional WWE matches. The WWE is all about what is easily reproducible, and if it falls outside of their domain, they can't do it.

Jesus titty fucking Christ.

The cruiserweight division in America sucks. People say it gives smaller guys something to do. Bullshit, their general lack of personality is what has them stuck in the midcard. Most cruiserweight guys have the personality of a spunk sandwich and just do flips and shit.

Don't get me wrong I love me some crazy ass flips and crazy spectacle but I also like the flips to have context. There's only so many you do before you just get tired of them.

Nowadays if a smaller wrestler is really good enough he will get past the midcard. Guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan have shown that (and before anyone says their being buried do you reckon they'd have gotten near the top if there was a division to hole them up in). No weight limits allows guys to progress providing they have the tools to do so.

In TNA (specifically a few years ago) the X-Divison was basically where most of the small/more athletic guys were. And lest we not forget guys like Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe were in this division (bigger guys) If they were really good they'd transcend there (like Joe did) Heck Austin Aries was the best X-Division champion in recent memory and became World champion.

Basically all the small athletic guys don't need a belt that says 'I'm to small to be considered for a world title shot' They can simply challenge for the Intercontinental or US belts and if they show they're good enough they'll transcend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back