Why Smackdown might be Failing

Cracker5000

Great Khali Mark
As you all know is that Smackdown is going down, fast. In my opinion this started when ECW was introdouced and Velocity was cancelled. This left all the low carders without a show and they all ended up on the main show screwing up the show. How the hell do you think Vito and the Miz are on the main show. Also get those creative writers of their lazy arses and give us some good storylines. Sure Smackdown has more actual wrestling than Raw but Raw is more entertaining because it has decent matches, popular superstars and charisma.

Really i think that they should make it interesting with lots of pushes to the main big superstars, like Kane and Benoit and maybe bring someone from raw over like HBK to really fix problem and feud with Taker, another thing is maybe a faction on smackdown, there hasnt been a proper faction really since Lesnar, A trian , matt morgan were a faction etc, my 2 ideas ill defenitly put is a Real Big faction and push's to superstars, and btw i think theodore long is getting a bigg boring, he should turn HEEL , imagine that :)hhehehehe

boogeyman is coming back soon. they could make a huge rivalry with kane or make them tag team champs. kc james and idol stevens could win by cheating and the next day they are challenged by kane and then boogeyman comes out.
i don't know. a wild guess i spose

Samckdown has exciting stars, stars which are possibly the future of wrestling, and mix them with benoit, kane, taker, booker, you have something good, only if they had good writers, its the writers letting down smackdown at the min, it has the potentail to be great

Perhaps I'm blind, but I just don't see what everyone's problem with SD is. It may not have the star power that RAW has, but I tend to enjoy SD's wrestling much more. Guys like Kennedy, London & Kendrick, Benoit, Lashley, Regal, etc. who put on excellent wrestling matches are far more interesting than Cena talking, trying obnoxiously hard to develop lame gimmicks via backstage incidents, and half assed matches. Between ECW, RAW, SD, and TNA...RAW appears to have the worst matches

I don't think Smackdown's going down sometimes i enjoy it better than RAW. i think being on Friday nights & pre-taped hurts it cause people can just read the spoilers & decide if they wanna watch it or go do something.

It would also help if they started putting the Cruiserweight Title up for grabs & bring the cruiserweight action back.

smackdown isnt going down hill. its actually doing way better than raw. come on, raw has too many fan favorites and not enough heels, their upsets to the storylines and title matches just suck, the only thing that keeps raw alive is DX and maybe now Jeff Hardy. if any writers need to get up and do something, its the writers for raw. smackdown, has great matches. long, but great matches, an amazing roster, its just some of the storylines are kinda gay, the whole using eddie to build up a story is hopefully done and never to be back, and like someone upwards in this thread said, they do need to give some bigger superstars a push. like bobby lashley, definately another push for the undertaker even if he is part time. he can do what he normally does even if he has the title, just wrestle maybe once or twice in two months or something and just at the pay per views. i think they need to push lashley, finlay, and maybe even vito and regal. and yes, the miz, i can see him as either cruiserweight or united states, and the only reason raw does any good with ratings better than smackdown is because smackdown is taped on tuesdays or wednesdays and the spoilers are everywhere leaving most to not even watch it. i still watch it. i love smackdown better than raw and raw is apparently the flagship show of the company, and as far as ecw, that show is crap. its not ecw, its just another brand and show as far as im concerned, they keep getting rid of the originals and bringing in new talent that no ecw faithfuls even wanna see, i think the only one anyone really cares to see that is new is cm punk. thats how i see it.

OK I have to admit SD has better matches than Raw (except last night with that fatal 4 way for the inc title) but how come SD's ratings are low where it should be higher. Maybe it's cause it's on a friday night when everyone's out but I don't know.

Cracker5000 said:
OK I have to admit SD has better matches than Raw (except last night with that fatal 4 way for the inc title) but how come SD's ratings are low where it should be higher. Maybe it's cause it's on a friday night when everyone's out but I don't know.

i mentioned it in my entry for this, because raw is live and you dont get spoilers on this website to already know whats going to happen, unless its a rare taping like this weeks. you have to watch raw to find out or just find out the next day, usually everyone just watches it. smackdown is taped, and wrestlezone and other sites post spoilers during the week before the show airs and most people just say screw it i know whats gonna happen cause i read the spoilers, being on friday and anyone being out on the town has nothing to do with it.

Make Smackdown live & ECW 2hours long. This will solve a lot of problems & give WWE higher ratings.

WWE is real! said:
Make Smackdown live & ECW 2hours long. This will solve a lot of problems & give WWE higher ratings.

WHOEVER YOU ARE YOU ARE IT! YOU ARE THE LIVING LEGEND! THAT IS THE SMARTEST THING IVE HEARD IN A LONG TIME SINCE ECW renewal. YES!!!

Here's the deal, Smackdown's ratings are so low, A. because before the merger, UPN wasn't as easily accessible as USA Network, B. SD was always getting pre-empted because of local MLB Games and other sports and C. Raw is always being pushed as the Flagship, and all of the bigger headliners are there, with a few exceptions. the spoilers, honestly, help Smackdown viewership because I know a lot of people will read the spoilers, say hey, this looks like a good show, and tune in Friday Nights anyways, much like they do with Impact. Also, people being out on Friday has nothing to do with it, because if the want to catch it, they can record it, and that still figures in to the ratings.

Cracker5000 said:

Smackdown's ratings are low because a lot of fans don't find it as entertaining as Raw. Raw has too long segments, and only a few matches a night. While SD, has short, but sweet promos, has great wrestling, and a huge variety of matches.

Flames Out
Dragon

Make ECW two hours long? Between that Extreme Strip Poker crap and cheesy characters like Kevin Thorn and Rene Dupree, they even struggle for quality material for one hour!

It needs to be live and/or switch to another network that can make it live.
OR..get a new theme song/new ramp/cancel ECW/make a specialty match for the cruiserweight division(such as X division match)

SD need to focus more on the CW and TTC divison rather then the WHC. And used their guys wisely...Most of the Superstars on the ROster are hardly used since Volicity is cancel.

I just wany to put this out there, that the name Smackdown originated from a man who should still be in the business today. THE ROCK!!!!!!!!

I watched the very 1st episode of Smackdown, where it featured THe Rock, HHH, HBK, Big Show and more. I have lost interest in Smackdown since the rock left, because SMACKDOWN IS THE ROCK'S SHOW!!!!!!

It is my opinion that they should let Eric Bischoff have TOTAL control of smackdown, revamp the show, call it Friday night Nitro, and use the WCW logos, ring, music, etc. I think it would up the ratings. Think about all of the WCW wrestlers already over there, Benoit, Booker, Finlay, Regal, Mysterio (although he will be out for a while), Chavo, etc. Not to mention the World heavyweight title, the U.S. Title, Cruiserweight title, etc. I think it would be a great idea, and maybe Bischoff could rework his magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back