Why Drake? Poser? ...Your Opinion

Barbedwire Ropes

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Im not sure why Drake is so popular down in the U.S.

In Canada, which is where he is from, he doesnt really get all of the overhype and mainstream showcasing that he is seeming to be recieving down in the States. Not to mention that there are many other young/new rappers that are leagues better than him, especially with the likes of Shad and Classified, who actually have legit writing skills. (Please, any self respecting hip-hop fan must check them out. Rap/Hip-Hop isn't even my genre but those two guys really grab my attention)

So me and a few friends were thinking, "Why, for the love of god, is he so popular in the good 'ol United States of America and not so much in Canada?" and then the answer all fell into our laps with a press of the T.V remote. The answer?

DEGRASSI: The Next Generation

For those who don't know (which im sure alot of U.S citizens who go all crazy mad over Drake do not) Degrassi is a show that is a mainstay on the CBC network. Its cheezy, poorly written and a show thats primary demographic is young teens 12-16. The storylines are horrible and it is really made for the "Twilight Generation/Lets Go To the Mall" type of TV viewer. Suffice to say, many young Canadians cannot stand this show one bit but it has been around in variuos forms since the late 80's early 90's. So, where does Drake come into all of this mess you ask?

Well, he wasn't just a one time guest "performer" on the show. He was a weekly, main character. His character was that of Jimmy, a young teenager who is condemned to live out the rest of his life in a wheelchair after being shot. I bet all of you think im joking but Im really not, so here is the proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MEACyKAv4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVutWIWq3UI&feature=related

So, could this be the reason why Drake is not the "dopest rapper ever" up here in Canada - his homeland? And how many people in the U.S know about his previuos career on this horrible televison show? Would it change his status and popularity?

Your thoughts.

Everyone I talk to about Drake knows about Degrassi. Some hate it, some love it. I don't like it at all really. Theres only a few things I like about Drake. Forever is one of them and Lil Wayne's I'm Going in. I just don't get a real hip hop artist feel from Drake. I hear all this stuff about Drake becoming bigger than Lil Wayne and hip hop today in general. It is just hype. I think their are others with better chances of that like Kid Cudi and Wale.

I, personally, found out about Drake from his association with Wayne. And I'm pretty sure that's the case for most people because while it's obvious Degrassi is a mediocre show aimed towards the "DisneyChannel/Hannah Montana/Twilight" generation, his music is obviously not. I don't even watch the show, but from the few clips I've seen with Drake in it, he looks younger and has much more hair than he does now. And that tells me that it's been a while since he's been on the show. So I think it's ridiculous to assume he's trying to live off of his Degrassi fame, when he's rapping about fucking lots of girls, having lots of cars, and blowing money.

I think the criticism of Drake doesn't come from his Degrassi background, because if you were a sixteen year old boy getting offered millions of dollars to recite some lines, you'd be a complete and utter dickbrain to not do it. The criticism comes from the fact that he talks proper and doesn't market himself as a "gangsta rapper". Which is stupid because they're basically dissing someone and their music because they didn't have a hard upbringing. I think a poser is someone who markets themselves in a certain image, but they really don't live it. That would be a poser. And that's not what Drake is doing. I am a big Drake supporter and am anticipating his first album, and I hate Hannah Montana, Twilight, and Degrassi.

With a fucking passion.

The criticism comes from the fact that he talks proper and doesn't market himself as a "gangsta rapper". Which is stupid because they're basically dissing someone and their music because they didn't have a hard upbringing. With a fucking passion.

No, the criticism comes from the fact that he's the definition of average. He's another "pop rapper" that appeals to the mainstream music fan. He makes a few radio hits and other then that he is just average. Average rhymes, average songs, nothing about him is that good.

No, the criticism comes from the fact that he's the definition of average. He's another "pop rapper" that appeals to the mainstream music fan. He makes a few radio hits and other then that he is just average. Average rhymes, average songs, nothing about him is that good.

Average? Most of the US population doesn't know what a mixtape is. An average rapper doesn't get worldwide fame when he hasn't even released an album yet. If guys like Jay-Z and Kanye West say this guy is the real deal, then there must be something special about him. I liked the guy before everyone and their grandma started munching on his genitals.

Drake is an excellent rapper, and the opposite of average.

[YOUTUBE]n-FbmLHqVao[/YOUTUBE]

Average?

[YOUTUBE]AQwGyDvCUZc[/YOUTUBE]

Average?

I don't fucking think so, boy.

An average rapper doesn't get worldwide fame when he hasn't even released an album yet.

He does when he's teamed with Lil Wayne. Drake got a song on BET because Trey Songz was featured on it. Then he started making some songs with Lil Wayne and that's why the majority of people know about him.

If guys like Jay-Z and Kanye West say this guy is the real deal, then there must be something special about him.

Kanye West also likes Soulja Boy. Drake may be "something special" as far as making money and becoming a mainstream success goes, but as a lyricist he is average.

I liked the guy before everyone and their grandma started munching on his genitals.

Ok. Do you want a fucking medal or something?

Yes

Yes. Neither song was anything special.

He does when he's teamed with Lil Wayne. Drake got a song on BET because Trey Songz was featured on it. Then he started making some songs with Lil Wayne and that's why the majority of people know about him.

The only song that is an official single and has Wayne on it is "Forever". And I think the list of rappers on that song (Eminem, Kanye, Weezy) is enough to make Elmo a platinum rapper.

Kanye West also likes Soulja Boy. Drake may be "something special" as far as making money and becoming a mainstream success goes, but as a lyricist he is average.

Not really. And Kanye said that "by definition Soulja Boy is a rapper, and we should stop hating on him". He never proclaimed to be his biggest fan.

Ok. Do you want a fucking medal or something?

Go chop your balls off, light them on fire, put them in a blender with some strawberries and orange juice, and drink them while your mom takes a shit on you.

See, we both can be flaming dickburgers!

Neither song was anything special.

:rolleyes:

I'd love to hear what you listen to.

The only song that is an official single and has Wayne on it is "Forever". And I think the list of rappers on that song (Eminem, Kanye, Weezy) is enough to make Elmo a platinum rapper.

It doesn't matter what's official, the fact is that he is still associated with Weezy and has still put out songs with him.

Not really. And Kanye said that "by definition Soulja Boy is a rapper, and we should stop hating on him". He never proclaimed to be his biggest fan.

He never claimed to be Drake's "biggest fan" either. Besides Kanye is overrated as fuck. His opinion means shit.
Go chop your balls off, light them on fire, put them in a blender with some strawberries and orange juice, and drink them while your mom takes a shit on you.

See, we both can be flaming dickburgers!

God you are the most retarted fucking poster on this forums. I almost feel sorry for you. Almost.

I'd love to hear what you listen to.

Tupac, Nas, Slaughterhouse, Eminem, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Wu Tang, Royce Da 5'9, Biggie. Real fucking rap. Not this pop bullshit that guys like Drake put out

Mod Note: I am going to have to ask you two to calm down a little bit in your posts. There are relaxed flame rules, but don't cross the line. Discuss the topic at hand without the flame.

It doesn't matter what's official, the fact is that he is still associated with Weezy and has still put out songs with him.

So do guys like Jay-Z, Nas, and Eminem. Does that make them horrible rappers too?

And Lil Wayne is one of the best rappers out today. You'd be a dumbass to say otherwise.

He never claimed to be Drake's "biggest fan" either. Besides Kanye is overrated as fuck. His opinion means shit.

If you think about it, everyone's opinion means shit. But I'd bet my left testicle that 5,000,000 people are going to go with what Ye thinks rather than what you do.

And I love how you just ignored the statement I made about your hero, Jay-Z.

God you are the most retarted fucking poster on this forums. I almost feel sorry for you. Almost.

I actually do feel sorry for you in the aspect that you probably felt accomplished after you wrote that. And in alot of the threads I post in, Big Sexy is always there to disagree. Coincidence, isn't it?

As GD once told me in some green rep, Big Sexy's a dick.

Tupac, Nas, Slaughterhouse, Eminem, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Wu Tang, Royce Da 5'9, Biggie. Real fucking rap. Not this pop bullshit that guys like Drake put out

I'd take guys like Jay-Z, Kanye, Lil Wayne, Drake, and T.I. over guys like Nas and Wu Tang any day. Biggie and Tupac are excellent rappers, but at the time of their death, they were just as mainstream as Lil Wayne and Kanye are today. They're overrated because of their deaths. They're legends for sure, but not the greatest thing to ever hit hip hop.

Guys like you are what make society look down on hip-hop. People like you are afraid of a different sound than a Nas or Big Daddy Kane. Hip Hop was created as a way to express yourself, no matter what it sounds like. When Drake and Wayne rap about money and bitches, that's whats real to them because that's the life they live. Isn't that the definition of real? To rap about the life you live? That's exactly what Drake, Wayne, and Kanye do. How you critcize them for that, I fail to realize.

So do guys like Jay-Z, Nas, and Eminem. Does that make them horrible rappers too?

No, but they didn't become great rappers based on who they were associated with. They did it because they are some of the most talented emcees to ever pick up a microphone.

And Lil Wayne
is one of the best rappers out today. You'd be a dumbass to say otherwise.

I guess I'm a dumbass then. Oh well.

If you think about it, everyone's opinion means shit. But I'd bet my left testicle that 5,000,000 people are going to go with what Ye thinks rather than what you do.

If everyone's opinion means shit then why did you bring up what Kanye and Jay Z thought?
And I love how you just ignored the statement I made about your hero, Jay-Z.

Lol. When did Jay Z become "my hero?" Is it because I said he murdered Wayne on Mr Carter? Fabolous and Juelz Santana took Wayne to school on the Tha Carter 3 as well. It isn't very hard to do. Jay Z used to be one of the best rappers in the game but lately he hasn't been very good. He hasn't had a good album since 2004 with the Black Album and even that wasn't spectacular. Jay Z is alright but he doesn't even crack my top ten of best rappers.

Of course guys like Kanye and Jay Z are going to say Drake is great. If you praise a guy then he is more likely to work with you in the future and that means more money. When millions of teenage girls think Drake is great he is very marketable.
I actually do feel sorry for you in the aspect that you probably felt accomplished after you wrote that. And in alot of the threads I post in, Big Sexy is always there to disagree. Coincidence, isn't it?

I only respond when you make absurd claims like "Tha Carter 3 is the greatest rap album ever" and "Drake is an excellent rapper."

I'd take guys like Jay-Z, Kanye, Lil Wayne, Drake, and T.I. over guys like Nas and Wu Tang any day.

Any hip hop fan outside of the mainstream would disagree with you. In fact guys like Jay Z and TI would probably disagree as well. Remember when Jay tried to feud with Nas and got absolutely crushed?
Biggie and Tupac are excellent rappers, but at the time of their death, they were just as mainstream as Lil Wayne and Kanye are today.

They were mainstream, but they were still making great non mainstream tracks. They had 3 or 4 songs for the radio and then 15 that were lyrically amazing.

They're overrated because of their deaths.

They may be slightly overrated (at least Biggie is), but they are still two of the greatest rappers of all time. And both are 10000 times better then guys like Kanye, Lil Wayne, and Drake.

Guys like you are what make society look down on hip-hop. People like you are afraid of a different sound than a Nas or Big Daddy Kane.

No, I just like good music. I could care less how many girls Drake is going to fuck and how many nice cars he has. I could also care less about whatever the fuck Lil Wayne has been mumbling for the last 3 years. I like rappers who can make a few songs about money and girls and then turn around and rap about real issues.
Hip Hop was created as a way to express yourself, no matter what it sounds like. When Drake and Wayne rap about money and bitches, that's whats real to them because that's the life they live. Isn't that the definition of real? To rap about the life you live? That's exactly what Drake, Wayne, and Kanye do. How you critcize them for that, I fail to realize.

I could care less how much money guys like Wayne and Drake have. I don't want to hear about that bullshit. I'd rather hear guys who have talent. Guys who can make a song great just by their lyrical ability. I don't want to hear about the fantasy world of girls and money. That shit has no relevance to me at all.

You have the same views on hip hop as all the rich suburban kids and teenage girls who think guys like Weezy, Soulja Boy, and Drake are the best rappers because they have the most songs playing on the radio and on MTV. They'd rather listen to a nice beat with some bullshit simplistic lyrics about money then someone with real lyrical talent.

No, but they didn't become great rappers based on who they were associated with. They did it because they are some of the most talented emcees to ever pick up a microphone.

Drake became famous for songs like "Best I Ever Had" and "Successful" and his mixtape work, which rarely features Lil Wayne. In fact, Drake appears on more Wayne songs that Wayne does Drake.

I guess I'm a dumbass then. Oh well.

That is the most intelligent thing I have witnessed you ever say.

I say witness because for all I know, you could go home every night and call yourself a bumbling twatwaffler.

If everyone's opinion means shit then why did you bring up what Kanye and Jay Z thought?

The same reason everyone jumped on Kennedy's nuts when Stone Cold complimented him. I can see the value in Drake, but since you can't, I thought I'd try to convince you with the words of people as high on the Hip-Hop foodchain as Kanye and Jay.

Lol. When did Jay Z become "my hero?" Is it because I said he murdered Wayne on Mr Carter? Fabolous and Juelz Santana took Wayne to school on the Tha Carter 3 as well. It isn't very hard to do. Jay Z used to be one of the best rappers in the game but lately he hasn't been very good. He hasn't had a good album since 2004 with the Black Album and even that wasn't spectacular. Jay Z is alright but he doesn't even crack my top ten of best rappers.

:disappointed:.

Of course guys like Kanye and Jay Z are going to say Drake is great. If you praise a guy then he is more likely to work with you in the future and that means more money. When millions of teenage girls think Drake is great he is very marketable.

Jay Z and Kanye West do not need help selling records. If they did, where's Jay-Z's endorsement of Hannah Montana, Disney, Cherry-flavored lipgloss, and Twilight?

And teenage girls get horny over any famous guy. Drake doesn't have an upper hand in that.

I only respond when you make absurd claims like "Tha Carter 3 is the greatest rap album ever" and "Drake is an excellent rapper."

...you're leaving out the Bar Room, everytime I compliment Drake or Wayne, and when I say Booker T is not WWE Main Event material.

And I said Tha Carter 3 is one of the greatest hip hop albums ever.

Any hip hop fan outside of the mainstream would disagree with you. In fact guys like Jay Z and TI would probably disagree as well. Remember when Jay tried to feud with Nas and got absolutely crushed?

No, no I don't. How did you come to that conclusion?

They were mainstream, but they were still making great non mainstream tracks. They had 3 or 4 songs for the radio and then 15 that were lyrically amazing.

Like Wayne, Jay Z, Kanye, and Drake.

They may be slightly overrated (at least Biggie is), but they are still two of the greatest rappers of all time. And both are 10000 times better then guys like Kanye, Lil Wayne, and Drake.

No they aren't. No disrespect to Pac or Big (R.I.P.) but Biggie was on the same level as Kanye and Wayne. And I will admit, Pac was better than all of them, but not as much as you're making it out to be.

No, I just like good music.

As do I.

I could care less how many girls Drake is going to fuck and how many nice cars he has. I could also care less about whatever the fuck Lil Wayne has been mumbling for the last 3 years.

I could care less on how Rakim grew up or how Wu Tang feels about the government.

I like rappers who can make a few songs about money and girls and then turn around and rap about real issues.

Well then you should love how Kanye, Wayne, and Drake can go from rapping about money to drug abuse, family sicknesses, betrayal, the government, etc.

I could care less how much money guys like Wayne and Drake have. I don't want to hear about that bullshit. I'd rather hear guys who have talent. Guys who can make a song great just by their lyrical ability. I don't want to hear about the fantasy world of girls and money.

I don't want to hear anything about Rakim's upbringing.

That shit has no relevance to me at all.

How Wu Tang feels about the government has no revelance to me at all.

You have the same views on hip hop as all the rich suburban kids and teenage girls who think guys like Weezy, Soulja Boy, and Drake are the best rappers because they have the most songs playing on the radio and on MTV. They'd rather listen to a nice beat with some bullshit simplistic lyrics about money then someone with real lyrical talent.

I hate MTV. The only times I've watched this year was when they were showing Michael Jackson music videos for two days straight when he died and recently I peeked on to see for replays of the VMAs with the Jay Z performance and the Swift/West situation.

Soulja Boy is flaming monkey shit at its worst.

I'd take Lil Wayne talk about sex, drugs, money, and fame to a hot beat over Rakim talk about the struggle to a dull, uncreative beat any day.

Drake is shit, I haven't heard a single redeeming quality from the kid, and yes, I've heard his mixtape work. It's average at best. His flow is really the only thing good about him, his rhymes are average in every single way. I don't think he's a "poser" because I know nothing about his personal life so I wouldn't know if the things he raps about are true to him, but I definitely don't take him seriously as a rapper at all. I was aware he was on Degrassi, didn't really matter. He's mediocre regardless of his background.

Drake became famous for songs like "Best I Ever Had" and "Successful" and his mixtape work, which rarely features Lil Wayne. In fact, Drake appears on more Wayne songs that Wayne does Drake.

I'm not denying Drake's fame. I'm just saying that he isn't a very good rapper. You don't have to be good to be famous ie. Soulja Boy.

Nice rebuttal
Jay Z and Kanye West do not need help selling records. If they did, where's Jay-Z's endorsement of Hannah Montana, Disney, Cherry-flavored lipgloss, and Twilight?

I didn't say they needed help. But if they have an opportunity to make more money without losing too much credibility then they are going to take it.

...you're leaving out the Bar Room, everytime I compliment Drake or Wayne, and when I say Booker T is not WWE Main Event material.

With the exception of the Booker T thing every time I have responded to you has been because of your taste in music.

And I said Tha Carter 3 is one of the greatest hip hop albums ever.

You also said it was one of the greatest albums ever period. Not just rap.

No, no I don't. How did you come to that conclusion?

This is how

[YOUTUBE]0ePQKD9iBfU[/YOUTUBE]

Like Wayne, Jay Z, Kanye, and Drake.

Wayne, Kanye, and Drake are the exact opposite. They'll give you 15 radio songs and one or two that are about something real. I don't think I've ever heard anything but radio shit from Drake.
No they aren't. No disrespect to Pac or Big (R.I.P.) but Biggie was on the same level as Kanye and Wayne. And I will admit, Pac was better than all of them, but not as much as you're making it out to be.

Kanye and Weezy are two of the most overrated rappers ever. They have nothing on Pac or Biggie.

Well then you should love how Kanye, Wayne, and Drake can go from rapping about money to drug abuse, family sicknesses, betrayal, the government, etc.

No because they suck at it. You can rap about whatever you want, but if your rhymes suck it is irrelevant.
I don't want to hear anything about Rakim's upbringing.
How Wu Tang feels about the government has no revelance to me at all.
I'd take Lil Wayne talk about sex, drugs, money, and fame to a hot beat over Rakim talk about the struggle to a dull, uncreative beat any day.

Have you ever listened to Rakim or Wu Tang? Wu Tang mostly rapped about their living conditions and partying. Except when the Wu rapped about partying they didn't dramatize it like Kanye and Drake and most other rappers today do. Wu Tang also has a much much much better flow and better rhymes then the majority of the rappers today could dream of having.

As far as Rakim goes he made a name for himself by just flat out rhyming. He never rapped about money, or girls, or his upbringing, or drugs. He just straight spit and did it better then pretty much everybody. His flow and his rhymes are fucking ridiculous.

This is better lyrically then anything Weezy, Kanye, and Drake have ever or will ever put out.

[YOUTUBE]qVCQZcgzp4E[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: X
So I was going to avoid the music section for awhile since I had videos deleted in X's little anger fueled thread but whatever. I saw this little gem and I had to back up Big Sexy in this one. Let's break down a few things first before I get to Drake.

JKO said:
I'd take guys like Jay-Z, Kanye, Lil Wayne, Drake, and T.I. over guys like Nas and Wu Tang any day. Biggie and Tupac are excellent rappers, but at the time of their death, they were just as mainstream as Lil Wayne and Kanye are today. They're overrated because of their deaths. They're legends for sure, but not the greatest thing to ever hit hip hop.

I would argue Tupac is definitely up there, Biggie I"ve said before he gained a lot of ground on that because of his death. Tupac was making great music way before he ever hit the mainstream, and when he hit the mainstream he was still making relevant music about social issues as well as his gangsta tracks. What does Lil Wayne and Kanye do? They go suck on a nipple called Auto Tune and cater to the 13 and 14 year old white girls and rich white suburban kids who think it's cool to bump the most "popular" hip hop. And you know what we call cats like Drake, Wayne, Kanye, and Soulja Boy? Hip Pop so if you wanna bring this garbage that they're somehow better than the real TRUE legends of hip hop like Wu Tang, 2pac, KRS-One, Rakim, Slick Rick, Scarface, Geto Boys, and the list goes on, damn homie you need to check yourself and start researching your hip hop. Gain some knowledge about the old school before trying to say the new school is better.

Guys like you are what make society look down on hip-hop. People like you are afraid of a different sound than a Nas or Big Daddy Kane. Hip Hop was created as a way to express yourself, no matter what it sounds like. When Drake and Wayne rap about money and bitches, that's whats real to them because that's the life they live. Isn't that the definition of real? To rap about the life you live? That's exactly what Drake, Wayne, and Kanye do. How you critcize them for that, I fail to realize.

We're afraid of a different sound? And what sound does Kanye and Wayne have? A robots voice that sounds somewhat like theirs? Hip hop is about expressing yourself yes, but with powerful poetry interwoven over beats that touches base on social issues as well as partying. Hip Hop was born with great lyricists putting words together that had a clear and concise point. When I hear a Lil Wayne song all I hear is mumble mumble mumble mumble possible rhyming word, next line: mumble mumble mumble mumble possible rhyming word. That's it. If that's all you need in hip hop nowadays, well shit I can do that in my damn sleep.

As far as their material goes, there is none. It's the same party song over and over again. Lil Wayne officially made the first song about Bling if you do recall (oh you ain't old enough to remember? I'm sorry) and hip hop has been going through shit ever since that point. Rather than go out and talk about issues that impact us as a society like so many of the greats that you completely disrespected, they go out and talk about what they "supposedly" have. You want to talk about real? How about NWA releasing music about the streets, about living in a neighborhood and city and all you see is crime and poverty around you. And you want to say that's not real. That's more real than Wayne and Kanye talking about hooking up with a 100 women and drinking Cristal or whatever the fuck every night. Rich suburban kids get off on that music because it just reminds them they have everything. What about motherfuckers like myself and likely Big Sexy where we didn't have it all, where we have to struggle to make our way? We are the people that hip hop was meant to reach out to. Skin color aside, hip hop was created to help give people that struggle something to escape from. Hip hop started as block parties in New York where it would keep people upbeat and away from the drugs and crime that was prevalent in their neighborhoods.

Obviously since the whole point of those block parties was to keep the negatives out, rappers and lyricists immediately took their music and put out political and social messages as a way to get what they feel is their message out. This is no different from bands putting out a conscious message within their music. But you don't see this with Kanye and Wayne. Kanye just makes asinine comments to gain more notoriety to sell albums. Wayne just doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself. And you know what. In about 20 years what will be more relevant? Lil Wayne singing about Lollipops or Public Enemy's "Fight The Power". I'm done with this, if you want more go read the very first post of my hip hop thread and you'll get a bigger dose of my rant.

Now as far as Drake goes, he's shit, he's average at best and is no more better than your other hip pop artists out there. So if you're trying to seduce 14 and 15 year old girls, by all means play Drake. There's no lyricisim to his music, damn I think I've written this before in the Drake vs. Cudi thread, his beats are no better than all the other MTV Rap out there, and generally over all he was an actor that gained more fame because Wayne has a man crush on him. If he wants to be good, he should just take the dive and go all out R&B like all of his songs tend to sound like to me. At least that way I could give him props as a decent R&B singer rather than riding Wayne's Jock and eating off Wayne's popularity. He'll disappear within 3 years because of a lack of singles. Because at that point we'll have heard the same single packaged differently for 3 years straight.

Drake is annoying. His lyrics aren't nothing impressive, the beats are average, and half of them are as annoying as he is. He's a little teeny bopper that was on a Nickelodeon show and now is trying to become some kind of serious rapper. The only reason Drake is anywhere near fame is because he had big name rappers backing him. He was on a track with Kanye, Wayne, and Eminem. Yeah, I say on a track with them because they ran that show. I listened to his mixtapes, they sucked. Just like Ty said, if you wanna impress kids, then play some Drake. Otherwise why bother?

Drake is annoying.

yo momma!!!!

His lyrics aren't nothing impressive, the beats are average, and half of them are as annoying as he is.

Freddy - 1

Drake - 0

He's a little teeny bopper that was on a Nickelodeon show and now is trying to become some kind of serious rapper.

Seriously?

Using this against him?

You cannot tell me with a straight face that if you were a teenager and you were offered millions of dollars to act like a moody little prick, you wouldn't do it. Just because he used to be on Degrassi doesn't make him a shit rapper.

The only reason Drake is anywhere near fame is because he had big name rappers backing him.

Yeah, because the mixtapes that got him famous was just filled with Kanye and Wayne.

He was on a track with Kanye, Wayne, and Eminem. Yeah, I say on a track with them because they ran that show.

I was not aware there was a show to run. Please elaborate.

I listened to his mixtapes, they sucked.

Is that so?

Meh, opinion.

Just like Ty said, if you wanna impress kids, then play some Drake. Otherwise why bother?

Pshh, fuck Drake. If I wanna impress kids, I'll just show them my weiner.

So I wasn't gonna reply to this thread as I've already said what I feel about Drake in the Cudi vs Drake, but after some of the ridiculous things said I feel i've got to.

Sorry JKO but absolute bullshit. Your really gonna compare BIG to Kanye, the man who just did an emotional album using 808s and Autotune? Don't get me wrong I'm a Kanye fan, but BIG was nowhere as bad as Ye is now. Biggie's first album had maybe 1 or 2 radio tracks and the rest were packed with lyrical ability and proper rap, and whilst he was more mainstream than Pac, he was nowhere near as bad as Kanye or Wayne.

I could care less on how Rakim grew up or how Wu Tang feels about the government.

Great, that's your preference, but without people like Rakim or the Wu, you wouldn't be listening Drake or Wayne now, Rakim is one of the pioneer's of rap and paved the way for people like Jay-Z to come in and commercialize rap, so please don't discredit Rakim, purely because you don't like him.

Great for you, but just so you know, you sound like a teenage girl right here. I like Wayne sure, but you need to go have a hip-hop lesson seriously. Wayne would not be here if it weren't for people like Rakim and Big Daddy Kane and I stand by that assertion.

Also, dull and uncreative beats? Are you fucking kidding me? That's a huge insult to perhaps one of the best hip-hop DJ's ever in Eric B. And Rakim does not just talk about struggling, please go and listen to more than one song of his.

Now, as for where I stand on Drake. He's okay, typical mainstream rapper of nowadays, but that's not to say I don't like him. But I'll withhold full judgement till he drops a full album. I was impressed with the So Far Gone mixtape and especially tracks like Say What's Real and Lust for Life. Drake will always be held back for Degrassi and his rich upbringing, but I honestly quite like some of his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back