• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Don't Thread Starters Offer Their Opinions?

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
I just noticed the D-Man doing this in his Ref thread. No offense to the D-Man, but why not post what you think. I've never understood why a thread starter can't offer his opinion instead of just starting the thread.

Thread starters want you to do the work. And when they feel they've seen enough, they offer what they got.

I have noticed that too, I know when I make the very rare non-spam thread, I put my two cents in the first post, just so people have something else to go off of if they want, rather than basically starting the discussion themselves.

That's wrong, Especially for a mod to do. It's all about leadership. If they don't lead in with their opinion. Why should I follow with mine? Plus half the time thread starters don't come back and offer anything anyways.

I have no idea. Another thing I hate is when posters can't back up their opinions. For example in the Cena vs. Edge thread, I've been one of few who went with Cena. I respect those who put on great arguments for Edge. I don't respect those who only say Edge is better because Cena only knows five moves and stuff like that.

I have no idea. Another thing I hate is when posters can't back up their opinions. For example in the Cena vs. Edge thread, I've been one of few who went with Cena. I respect those who put on great arguments for Edge. I don't respect those who only say Edge is better because Cena only knows five moves and stuff like that.

Agreed, I at least tried to argue my point with facts and my own strong observations, but that one guy you last responded too, that was dumb. It was the classic "Cena only knowz 5 movez, OH NOZ!" bullshit. I know he knows more than that, I just feel Edge is better, anyways I digress, back on topic.

I don't agree with the "thread starters want you to do the work". They need to do it to, it's exactly lead by example. If you are going to/want to start a thread, be ready to post your thoughts and opinions right away as well. In doing so it also helps set the tone for the thread, more often than not, if the OP also posts a hell of a opening post about their topic, it'll help keep spammy posters away, at least IMO.

The question is, why would anyone want to post. If said poster. Especially a mod in leadership position doesn't provide their opinion first. It's basically like saying. Here, take this. I'm not lazy enough to post this topic, but fuck it if I want to share my opinion. Pretty much the way I see it, it's post count padding.

If I started all my threads with opinions, everyone would realise how right I was and not bother adding to the discussion.

The question is, why would anyone want to post. If said poster. Especially a mod in leadership position doesn't provide their opinion first. It's basically like saying. Here, take this. I'm not lazy enough to post this topic, but fuck it if I want to share my opinion. Pretty much the way I see it, it's post count padding.

I don't know...I'm just telling you the way things are.

I just noticed the D-Man doing this in his Ref thread. No offense to the D-Man, but why not post what you think. I've never understood why a thread starter can't offer his opinion instead of just starting the thread.
I'm wondering if the irony was intended or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back