• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why does MVP have two storylines????

nthomas504

Pre-Show Stalwart
He's future main event talent, he's been very successful as of late, so wat do they do, they make him work a double schedule by putting him in storylines in both Smackdown and Raw.

Smackdown- He is defending his US championship against Dolph Ziggler, Sherri Shepard comes into it, and tha storyline comes in with Sherri being MVP manager, while this might not be a full storyline, you never know in this business.

Raw- Orton is giving his little address after winning the WWE Title, and is interupted by MVP, MVP says that he is better and challenges Orton to a match, the next week, he helps Shane McMahon. This is going to escalate into him getting into a feud with Randy Orton to test his Main-Event skills, or into a feud to get one of the Legacy members the US Title.

Now, my reason why they are doing this is because they want to expand the face MVP. We've always seen MVP as a cocky heel. But now we see him a cocky face, and when he interupted Randy, he didnt recieve much of a pop as expected. So im guessing to have him in two Unrelated Feuds and not even discussing them, I have a feeling that they are just trying to make MVP a real fan-favorite.

MVP vs Dolph was a one time deal for MVP's send off from SmackDown!, and to also add a nice title match to a show at the Garden. He's not working two storylines. I don't think you can even call his two matches with Dolph an actual storyline.

As for the chick from The View, one would assume that they're running that to further establish him as a real face and get the crowd further behind him. They seem to have some pretty big plans for him soon I guess, since he's been the guy to really step up since the draft.

i expect great things from MVP this year and in the future. i hope he can excel and give us something fresh and moving his way up the ladder for future talent. this guy is gold on the mic and in the ring. the one thing i worry about is his finisher that needs to change quickly he is already starting to get over with the crowd and now they throw him Regal as a lame half ass feud. this ruins his momentum to face Orton this summer i was hoping he would at least get a shot of taste of glory.

MVP was probably signed on to do that before he got moved to RAW and they were just fulfilling their agreement.

As for him being the next big thing - I doubt it - he has yet to impress me and wears a full body suit. Anyone who copies the Rock and says "Baller" should be mid-card for life.

I think the only reason thy had him do this match to give dolph a rub since hes the only midcard face who was on smackdown thats popuar enough to do so. He's not used in double storylines, I just think wwe realizes that right now hes a top midcard face who can rub off on other heels and make them more popular something that others that are high midcard faces (punk/morison) can't do since I cant see them ever putting anyone ove with those two since its obviously taking allot to put punk/morison over themselves.

As for him being the next big thing - I doubt it - he has yet to impress me and wears a full body suit. Anyone who copies the Rock and says "Baller" should be mid-card for life.

How is his attire a problem? If anything, it differentuates him from the crowd, and gives him his very own superstar look. He looks the part, and he sounds the part. While his performances in the ring haven't been as good as a face (I guess being a face is something he has to get used to since he's only been on the big stage as a heel), I don't think he should be stuck in the midcard with people like Shelton for life, when he's so much more than them as an all-round package.

I wanna see MVP get a big push. He's good on the mic and has decent ring work, I think he could be a main eventer. I mean look at some of the Main Eventers that were once Upper Midcard: Edge, Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, Randy Orton, etc.

Now, my reason why they are doing this is because they want to expand the face MVP. We've always seen MVP as a cocky heel. But now we see him a cocky face, and when he interupted Randy, he didnt recieve much of a pop as expected. So im guessing to have him in two Unrelated Feuds and not even discussing them, I have a feeling that they are just trying to make MVP a real fan-favorite.

I am so tired of hearing that MVP got a "less than expected" or "weak" pop when he came out to interrupt Randy Orton. Look folks, MVP just made the transition to face a few months ago, on a show that can mask a lack of pop due to post-production. He hardly had the chance to talk on Smackdown since the face turn. Then he comes over to RAW for the first time as the new guys in town. You could expect his pop to be a little less than desirable. He was an annoying, cocky heel for his entire career up to that point. So it may have taken a short time for the fans to warn up to the face character. And with that said, I guess you guys were expecting a monster Cena-like pop when he came out opposite of Orton. I thought MVP got his best pop to date as a face that night. Some of you may be getting the reaction he got later in the night in the match against Orton mixed up with the initial reaction. I'll admit that was a little weak, but when you make multiple appearances in front of the crowd on one show, the reaction tends to weaken a little.

Sorry your not impressed. To each his own right. I have to take offense to MVP copying The Rock. At what point has he ever did anything that resembles The Rock? Sorry not even close. And, for the record, it's "Ballin".

After watching RAW last night my previous post is so much more truthful. I encourage people to watch "The VIP Lounge" last night and compare it to when he was a heel... There is no difference at all. Its the same character.

Besides that he has to have the worst finishing move in wrestling right now - not because it doesn't look damaging - but because both wrestlers look ridiculous trying to get it to work. By the time MVP finally gets it going he has his leg on top of the other guy for at least 5 minutes.

Sorry your not impressed. To each his own right. I have to take offense to MVP copying The Rock. At what point has he ever did anything that resembles The Rock? Sorry not even close. And, for the record, it's "Ballin".

I could care less what he says, the point of it is that it is lame and force fed into the fans to want to cheer it. His toolish attempt at copying the people's elbow will be seen by the fans as what it is, a toolish attempt. :)

Sorry your not impressed.

Oh...and for the record, it's "you're."

I think that the only reason that MVP wears the body suit is because he has some pretty "jailhouse" looking tats, maybe some Black Panther kind of stuff if my memory serves me correctly... maybe this doesn't quite fit the PG rating. It doesn't have to do with his physique IMO, he looks to be in top shape.

I think that both of the programs he is in right now are crap... I couldn't believe that one of the loudmouthed hose-beasts from "the view" (BTW not any view that I would care to see) would do a WWE crossover. I have to literally go to the other side of the house when my wife watches that program (thank God for DVR!)... but I digress.

Matt Hardy and his stupid cast... ehh. William Regal... slightly better than Hardy. Kofi Kingston... ehh... shouldn't HE be after the U.S. title too??? That match was 100% FILLER.

I am all right with MVP... I like his "mid-card champ" chasing World Champ idea... but in reality, just hope that he is keeping the belt warm for Kennedy when he returns. I hope that they pick up with Kennedy being a pain in MVP's ass when he comes back... face or no face.

I think we all just need to be patient. They are obviously intending to push the shit out of MVP in the near future. Say what you want about Regal, but he always puts on good matches and is probably one of the best in the business at putting faces over (except for that one time against Goldberg). It makes more sense to pair him up against a long-established heel for a bit and let him build up as a face before they push him towards a main event run. I'm thinking he could be there by Summerslam if all goes well.

He doesn't really have 2 storylines. The one over on smackdown was just a short thing to give a little rub and Sherri probably won't even b back. The one over an RAW that u talk about was to give MVP a little push leading him into his real storyline. This storyline has already began and started last week. First he was attacked by Regal for no apparent reason except tht he was mad MVP just came and was big already. Next the house shows (including the one i went to saturday in Youngstown) basically featured Regal Vs MVP. Then MVP does the Vip Lounge w/ the Queen of Liverpool which started a tag match bringing matt and Kofi into it a little. Now MVP defeats Regal which goes on and i think kofi and matt were just added to have a tag match and a little arguement and apparently kofi and matt are rivals or are golddust and matt???? But anyway MVP has been winning. This has all contributed to one thing MVP's ONE storyline with Regal.

All seems a bit too forced for me with MVP. I think his character is a natural heel and I don't think the fans have 100% bought into him as a face, I can see him making a sudden turn back in the near future which if it works out well could give him that step up to really fight for a main event spot. The only thing is there is now a severe lack of top fresh faces and he is being forced into that slot for now, hopefully with a returning Kennedy he will restore the balance.

mvp fits nowhere in the mcmahon, batista, trips/legacy storyline...i don't know if creative is trying to build up a dibiase/mvp feud for the us title so that they can get the rest of legacy to actually do something but whatever it is, they shouldn't have put mvp in this storyline...have you seen the orton/mvp match...he definately can't work with ME guys like orton coz he's slow...i read that before and didn't know what that meant untill i watched the match and then last week, he comes to help shane and gets thrown out by legacy so what was the point...

leave him with regal and whoever wants a tus title match coz that is a much suitable program for him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back