Why do people still watch ECW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwrestling

Getting Noticed By Management
I can understand why people might have been excited when they found out that ECW was coming back, but it is very clear now that ECW is not coming back. Listen:
1. Big Show is the world champion.
2. Vince McMahon has more control than Heyman (who is a spineless jellyfish).
3. No Dudleys (best tag team ever in ECW)
4. No Rhino (last ever World Champion & TV champion)
5. NO ECW RULES!!!!!!!!!!! How can a show that was based completely around having no rules, suddenly come back and have rules.

Give it up. ECW is trash now and has completely abandoned everything they used to have.

They sometimes have good matches. The ECW fans don't stick around simply because it's called ECW. The fans stick around because there are some good matches on it sometimes. I know it's stupid, and it's a lot worse than it ever could be, but we have to learn that there is no way for ECW to come back from the grave. ECW is dead, and always will be.

I stick around to watch it just for that 'slight' possibility that ECW might go under a new owner (not Vince) and they may allow Heyman to do what he wants with the program.

ECW fans also continue to watch ECW because no matter who owns it, they still respect the history of the ECW originals.

I would easily say that over 50% of the viewers of ECW are more than likely WWE fans, and always have been. I'm sure people have a reasonable explanation as to why they watch it.

I think if we give it time this New ECW will get better (Yes i do, sue me), The old ECW fans probably don't watch this show out of disgust and how it's not ECW, i was pissed off too, it felt like watching this New ECW was a huge kick in the nut sack to the old promotion that was a definate alternative to WCW/WWF at the time, Paul E. has been getting power and it's showing, but right now i watch this new ECW in hopes of seeing a show where i'm actually happy of calling it ECW, the other viewers are probably WWE fans.

Because, They think that ECW is extreme. I don't think it is

I use to go to ECW events all the time back in the day and I really just watch the new shows in hope that Heyman will gain some control back and it could end up being somewhat like the real ECW.

iamwrestling said:
I can understand why people might have been excited when they found out that ECW was coming back, but it is very clear now that ECW is not coming back. Listen:
5. NO ECW RULES!!!!!!!!!!! How can a show that was based completely around having no rules, suddenly come back and have rules.

Give it up. ECW is trash now and has completely abandoned everything they used to have.
Like many people have said, some people watch it, because the history of ECW. Many people may not like the new ECW product, but they are showing respect to the ECW originals such as Paul Heyman, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, RVD, Sandman, F.B.I., etc... People know ECW will be what it once was, but they accept the new ECW for what it is. We all have the memories of ECW, but we can't go back in time and make how great ECW was then and make today what it used to be. Even if this new ECW was based around old ECW, it still wouldn't be the same and people would still criticize the product.

Tommy Dreamer said it perfectly, "you should acknowledge the past but not live in it. The memories of old ECW are forever in my heart and mind. We had a saying back in the day that still holds true… ECW - It’s Not for Everyone. It is this simple: if you do not like what you are seeing on TV, do not watch. If you are a constant negative person and crap on all that is new, take my word as gospel: we will never be able to bring back the past, no one can."

""You should always acknowledge and cherish the past, but not live in it". Quote the Dreamer Nevermore
A personal philosophy that really holds true right now. We all want to recapture those amazing ECW moments. We can never relive the past. Your first kiss, your first love, or the first time you stood next to a complete stranger and chanted ECW, ECW, because you were so engulfed with emotion for what you were watching. We all shared together the passion of ECW…. I know new ECW moments will happen, just give us a chance. I know the world is watching with very critical eyes. I get it. We love ECW we want it to be exactly the same. That is gonna be hard, but I am going to die trying."

you do realize not everyone hates the new ecw i think it's better then the shit tna has

kapp said:
Like many people have said, some people watch it, because the history of ECW. Many people may not like the new ECW product, but they are showing respect to the ECW originals such as Paul Heyman, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, RVD, Sandman, F.B.I., etc... People know ECW will be what it once was, but they accept the new ECW for what it is. We all have the memories of ECW, but we can't go back in time and make how great ECW was then and make today what it used to be. Even if this new ECW was based around old ECW, it still wouldn't be the same and people would still criticize the product.

Tommy Dreamer said it perfectly, "you should acknowledge the past but not live in it. The memories of old ECW are forever in my heart and mind. We had a saying back in the day that still holds true… ECW - It’s Not for Everyone. It is this simple: if you do not like what you are seeing on TV, do not watch. If you are a constant negative person and crap on all that is new, take my word as gospel: we will never be able to bring back the past, no one can."

""You should always acknowledge and cherish the past, but not live in it". Quote the Dreamer Nevermore
A personal philosophy that really holds true right now. We all want to recapture those amazing ECW moments. We can never relive the past. Your first kiss, your first love, or the first time you stood next to a complete stranger and chanted ECW, ECW, because you were so engulfed with emotion for what you were watching. We all shared together the passion of ECW…. I know new ECW moments will happen, just give us a chance. I know the world is watching with very critical eyes. I get it. We love ECW we want it to be exactly the same. That is gonna be hard, but I am going to die trying."

The only or main reason we can't see the old ECW is Vince McMahon's corporate fuck ass and everyone knows it.

carolinadude said:
The only or main reason we can't see the old ECW is Vince McMahon's corporate fuck ass and everyone knows it.
You'll never see old ECW again. Maybe something similar, but it'll never be what it once was. Plain and simple if Vince McMahon let Paul Heyman do what he wanted it would be more like the old ECW, but it won't be as good as it was then.

kapp said:
You'll never see old ECW again. Maybe something similar, but it'll never be what it once was. Plain and simple if Vince McMahon let Paul Heyman do what he wanted it would be more like the old ECW, but it won't be as good as it was then.

Thank you. And McMahon needs to choke on a chickenbone.

iamwrestling said:

I watched one night Show vs Flair JUST because i though flair was going to win, but It remined me of Watching a WCW Nitro match in a WCW saturday night ring. Not to mention it said I was watching ECW not WCW ( I loved WCW by the way thats why i tuned in)

If an ECW guy would actually hold the belt it might be different or at least get some fresh tallent, but most of that is in TNA

agree but you gotta remember the gangstas, eliminators, impact players, and pitbulls! all of which helped make the dudleys

also half ass ECW is still better than wwe, it i try to tune in just to support and maybe it will get better.......

ECW does not NEED ECW to survive, there are lots of talent around the world that do this type of hardcore action! The reason people watch ECW is because its something new to newer viewers like myself, people that didn't catch ECW back in the late 90s, thats why people watch ECW.

i don't mind the new ecw that much, and the reason i watch it is because there is nothing else on at 10:00 on tuesdays. even if it was on another day, i would still check it out cause i like pretty much all wrestling shows

Smokeydogg said:
you do realize not everyone hates the new ecw i think it's better then the shit tna has

You've obviously never given a TNA pay-per-view or even a good night of impact a chance if you seriously believe that. Just tune in, in three weeks for Abyss v. Spike Dudley in a 1,000 tack match. That will show you an ECW feel more than even WWE's ECW does.

I can't stand ECW.... I agree with Mick Foley, ECW "Extremist" are all drugo's and they lool like it too...

I hate the fans crude chanting, it gives me the shits...
Little kids watch ECW and attend the live shows and all the are hearing for an hour or so is words like "SHIT" "HOE" and "FUCKING" If I had children, they would not be watching ECW.

iamwrestling said:
You've obviously never given a TNA pay-per-view or even a good night of impact a chance if you seriously believe that. Just tune in, in three weeks for Abyss v. Spike Dudley in a 1,000 tack match. That will show you an ECW feel more than even WWE's ECW does.

their champion is jeff j. need i say more

i watched impact a few times and it was horrible and boring

tna has a few good wrestlers which wwe will take from them soon enough

cuz some of us are true to some of the wrestlers and just to wrestling ........:headbanger:

to_good_4_ya said:
I can't stand ECW.... I agree with Mick Foley, ECW "Extremist" are all drugo's and they lool like it too...

I hate the fans crude chanting, it gives me the shits...
Little kids watch ECW and attend the live shows and all the are hearing for an hour or so is words like "SHIT" "HOE" and "FUCKING" If I had children, they would not be watching ECW.

To beging with, the product is called "Extreme Championship Wrestling," you should know a) this product is violent b) this product is directed toward young males [as such expect some level of sexuality, and dirty language] and c) if you attend a Smackdown show with your children, please, leave early--there is a short break between the two shows.

ECW is rated TV-14, as such it can contain violence, sexual content, and the rest of the attributes listed below (courtesy wikipedia.com):
Parents are strongly urged to exercise greater care in monitoring this program and are cautioned against letting children under the age of 14 watch unattended. This rating is very broad and common so it is often accompanied by one of the following subratings:

* V for intense violence
* S for sexual situations
* L for coarse language
* D for highly suggestive dialogue

Interestingly, most programs that air after 10:00 p.m. are rated TV-14, including programs such as The Tonight Show as well as many prime-time dramas and some sitcoms. CBS and NBC daytime dramas carry this rating, while ABC serials mostly carry the PG rating, with an occasional 14. World Wrestling Entertainment's RAW brand carries the TV-14 rating for Language and Violence. That show airs on Monday Nights at 9:00 PM on the USA Network.

If you would have you children watch RAW, you would then be a hypocrite for not allowing them to watch ECW. It is on at 10:00 PM anyway, shouldn't young and impressionable kids be in bed at this point anyway?

kapp said:

Wow. I could not have put it any better myself. I agree with every word that was just typed.

the only reason i still watch WWECW is to see sabu and rvd but i guess it is only a matter of time until they are turned into jobbers too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back