Why Do People See Sucker Punch As A Bad Movie

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
Now I know everyone's got their own opinions yada yada.

But why do so many people see at as a bad film when I think its the kind of film that is unique (in a good way) and made it different to lots of films coming out recently yet people see it as shit.

I honestly think the majority of people couldn't get their head round the plot (which I think was good) I saw it at the cinema with some my friend, his girlfriend and another friend. Now myself and my friends got the plot, but my friends girlfriend didn't get it and said she didn't like it and I think this is why some people don't like the film because they don't get it.

Now I know theirs going to be the inevetivable 'It's just hot chicks kicking ass' but I think if they were replaced with some male badasses (Bruce Willis etc) or the action was toned down people would still look at it unfavourably because they still don't get the plot.

They see it as a bad film because it is one. I mean, I can see why a teenage boy would like it. That blond girl has nice eyes and all.

The plot, nothing to get your head around. Its a big boss battle movie which isn't half as fun as playing an actual game and defeating a big boss. Its a female empowerment movie for males to wank over. Its, actually, I thought it was ok. It is what it is.

It is one of those films you need to see more than once. That being said, Sucker Punch is an extremely weird movie and I can see why some people would dislike it. There are several moments that are very unrealistic and it seems like little more than an attempt to target the teenage male population through a live action take on the "pretty girls save the world" story type. I found the film entertaining because it had an interesting story and is definitely worth a second viewing. More things make sense after having seen it before. It's got a great soundtrack too.

Not only is it a bad film but it's stupid and hypocritical. It complains about the sexual exploitation of women and then dresses them up as scantily clad schoolgirls as if that's empowering.

Not only is it a bad film but it's stupid and hypocritical. It complains about the sexual exploitation of women and then dresses them up as scantily clad schoolgirls as if that's empowering.

How is it a bad film though, everybody who I've asked can't give a straight answer as to why its supposedly bad.

It complains about the explotation of women yeah and then has them kicking all sorts of ass, sort of them getting some retrebution for being exploited which last time I checked is somewhat empowering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back