• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do people hate James Cameron/Avatar?

[QUOTE="The Living Legend" Johnny Gunnz;3891778]The letdown for me was the story. I understand that the movie was supposed to be more "visual", but how many times can you watch Pocahontas? That's all the story was anyways...[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you came to that opinion by yourself

I'm sure you came to that opinion by yourself

As a matter of fact, while I was sitting in the theater, watching the fucking movie, I did. As a kid, I watched all of those disney movies incessantly, thanks to my little sister, so I know the plot very well. Perhaps you've never read a history book? It's fucking Pocahontas on another planet... Thanks though.

[QUOTE="The Living Legend" Johnny Gunnz;3893270]As a matter of fact, while I was sitting in the theater, watching the fucking movie, I did. As a kid, I watched all of those disney movies incessantly, thanks to my little sister, so I know the plot very well. Perhaps you've never read a history book? It's fucking Pocahontas on another planet... Thanks though.[/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact, I'm more surprised you didn't call it Dances With Wolves. Let's face it, I'm just saying.

I understand the Pocahontas stuff, but both times I've seen Avatar, I really wanted to watch Last of the Mohicans afterwards. Fairly certain Saldana's dad in Avatar is the same guy who plays the utter bastard Magua in Mohicans.

Because it was unoriginal, dumb and badly written to the point of being disrespectful to it's audience. 10 years and that's the best fucking script they can come up with? I'd rather watch Final Fantasy cutscenes

People hated it because it was overbearingly preachy and James Cameron's head is stuck nine feet up his own pretentious ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back