Why Do Most Fans Hate Miz? I Don't, and Here's Why...

like or hate

• i like him

• i don't

Results are only viewable after voting.
To me, it's a matter of degree. The title of this topic suggests that we have to either love Miz or hate him. For myself, I like him, but not to the extent that some folks do.

In many ways, I feel Miz has been shoved down our throats as the company moved him to the pinnacle of his profession; the world championship. I don't feel he's charismatic or strong enough as a performer to be slotted above mid-card status.

He's good on the mic, but the repetitiveness of his rantings wears thin after awhile. He's okay in the ring, but even though someone like John Cena has less of a ring repertoire than Miz, I would rather watch Cena perform. Miz can work a match, but so can a lot of other people who haven't received the corporate boost that Miz has.

I don't know if Miz will ever win the title again; it depends on what WWE brass really thinks about him. Personally, I like him where he is right now...... still fighting top guys in tag team matches, but not a true threat to the singles title-holder. It works.

Liking or hating a wrestler is a mercurial thing a lot of the time. "Great in the Ring" + "Great on the mic" doesn't necessarily mean "Great Superstar." I use the Miz as a good example. For me, he meets the first two requirements, but I still don't like him and when I go to a live event, I'm not paying to watch The Miz. I'm just old-fashioned I guess. I would rather watch wrestling than someone screaming into a mic. I honestly don't think it's that hard to be obnoxious and ego-centric and scream all the time, and then have people claim that you're "good on the stick," and you therefore should get more of a fan reaction. A lot of wrestlers meet these requirements, and I don't like them either. For me, it's one of those "intangible" things. I used to hate CM Punk and now I like him. I used to hate Dolph Ziggler and now I like him. I've NEVER liked the Miz, but I may like him in the future. It's just hard to put your finger on what makes you like or hate a wrestler sometimes. 1+1 doesn't always equal two when it comes to getting over with the fans.

the miz is a tool, his look is generic, his promos stale i don't care what anyone says. He talks slow with a mean look on his face and that translates as a good promo give me a break. The conspiracy angle i think is a good angle aside from the fact that him and truth are part of it. Vince is clearly out of touch with what is popular and what entertains people hence the steady decline of wwf/wwe for the past 10 years. Its because he puts his faith in people like the miz that have no talent that the wwe is a joke no a days and the only time people watch is when you bring back attitude era guys like austin, rock or Jericho.

People hate the Miz because either they find him annoying or that he should be lower on the card. My wife's one of them. She hated him on the real world which made her (and many others who share that opinion) biased against him in WWE from day one. The moment he cashed in his Money In the Bank briefcase she legit boycotted WWE until he lost the WWE Championship. I hated him up until recently myself, but I have slowly grown to respect him for the hard work he has put into improving himself. Like him or not, he had a dream. He went out and did what he had to do to accomplish it.

Now, do I want to pay money to see him win world titles? Absolutely not. My thoughts on The Miz are toward the middle, leaning toward dislike, and I still feel he should be lower on the card than where he is. I don't work for WWE though. I don't get to decide who gets pushed or not. Miz does a ton of appearances at events or shows for WWE to promote the product and he keeps trying to improve. No matter how annoying his character is, he deserves more respect than he gets. I don't even like the guy and I'm able to say this about him. That says it all.

You mean why do people see The Miz as a heel... Like he's playing? Hmmm maybe because that is his character. I don't think I know of any person who legitimately hates The Miz, and if there are some on the forum who actually hate him then they are staying pretty damn quiet about it.

The Miz has improved a lot since his original escapades in WWE. When he originally joined I remember people hated him. I remember on various forums I posted on, there were people who thought he was a joke, thought the WWE were ******ed for giving him time on-air and who legitimately hated The Miz. These days; hell, for the past two years I have not seen one person actually hate The Miz; especially not people or "peoples" as you put it.

The Miz is good on the stick, good look, has good in-ring skills which get him by and his persona is what makes him. If you made this thread maybe four year ago, I could see it making sense, but this is 2011 and The Miz isn't really hated by anyone, if anything he is respected.

P.S. Once I posted I read the comment above me, just saying, he doesn't count because he doesn't seem to have any idea what he's on about. Proceed.

Just take a look throughout this thread, and you can see there are a great number of Miz haters out there, not just your random idiot here and there. A big percentage of IWC posters love to shit all over the Miz.

I guess I'm the one man wolf-pack here... I hate The Miz.

I just don't think he has "it." I don't think he's anything above competent on the mic, and as far as his in-ring ability, I think he's an equal to Cena; good matches against the right opponent, but they're few and far between.
Miz has miles of "it" factor, he can make any angle seem compelling and important.

Yes, he's good at playing ONE CHARACTER. He can never evolve as a performer because he's not likeable, nor could I buy him as a badass or a tough guy. He's forever going to be as he is now.

Look at Miz' outside of the ring appearance, he's one of the most likeable dudes out there. Look at him start to win the fans over despite being a heel, look at how hard the fans marked out for him when he "got hurt" at MITB and came back and when he "wrestled hurt" on Raw the next night, he showed how likeable and how he can work as a face that night. As for not believing him as a badass, this is a man how has some of the most believable beatdowns in the business today. Look at his work in his feud with Cena, look at his blindside assault of Mysterio when he was pissed at being overlooked. Miz can and does pull of badass whenever it's required of him.

The IWC respects improvement, and I won't deny, Miz has improved the hell out of himself, but he's gone as far as he's going to go and in my opinion, it's just not good enough.

The Miz is one of the top 5 talents in WWE today, and that is without him ever improving a single bit beyond what he is at now. He is pure main event.

Ill tell you the reasons I don't like the Miz, but first Ill tell you what I like or agree with you on.

Ill give him credit for his mic skills. He is pretty damn good on the mic for still being a relativley fresh face(just mean not a veteran yet.) And he does always seem to get a reaction, which is always a good thing.

But......
1.)Almost all his promos sound scrpted beyond belief.
2.)His in-ring ability I would say is above average but he is not as good as ADR, Barrett, Rhodes, Swagger, Ziggler, or Sheamus(when he was heel). All young heels that can perform at a higher level than him, and except for maybe Swagger, ALL off them have a better Look and Gimmick than him for Miles!!!!!!
3.)Which leads me to #3, his gimmick!! while he can dress snazy and look like a hollywood playboy, not only has that gimmick been done to death, but its being done ALOT BETTER.....EVEN CURRENTLY!! Both Ziggler and ADR(and once rhodes) all have that general persona and play it WAY BETTER!!
4.)His physique!! Not only is he not in that good of shape for a professional athlete( and im not saying this cause he doesnt take tons of roids and looks like Batista, look at HBK or Edge in there prime. Great physique, built but in a believeable way.) Not to mention it makes me angry that anything that I hear stuff like Vince wont let Bourne or other smaller guys into the world title picture cause of there size. LOOK AT MIZ! he looks like a scrawny girl compared to most of those guys. Even morrison is more bulit, and he already has a girly shape.
5.)And Finally...his status!! Since when did he surpass Christian and CM Punk? guys that are amazing in and out of the ring, but are still below Cena and Orton. Why does he get to ride first class?? Did I miss something?? He won MitB(which even kennedy did, so not the biggest honor ever.) then cheaply cash in like almost everyone else has, then all of a sudden he is a main event picture???? He gave the same average young guy winning the title for the first time promos and defended only by cheating and even needed a protege cause they werent sure if he could hold his own. So why do I hear he is in the same class as Undertaker, Cena, and Orton as far as treatment, matches, and most likely pay???Like already mention guys Like Sheamus, ADR, and Ziggler are alot better and except ziggler(who's tech. tied w/Miz for titles) ADR and Sheamus have duble his world titles??? Idk about anyone else but I would have rathered Sheamus vs. Cena, Than Miz.

Here is how I feel about the Miz. I enjoyed his rise to stardom, his annoying promos, his Ryan Seacrest impression with the divas, and everything else up until now. Miz is decent on the mic, I dont think he is near Jericho, Rock or anyone of that status. He is good but his 'Really?' is getting old, his 'Im Awesome' is getting stale and his current rapping with the Truth is garbage. Miz deserves better than teaming with a guy who has no future with the Truth. I think his wrestling has vastly improved and can generate a 5 star match with the right opponent. While some of his matches have been total disasters, he has been very entertaining in ring. I dont think he has had his true WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT. I see so much potential in Miz, but what it comes down to is his ability to evolve. Will he be a good face, can he be a great tweener, and can he go back to being a heel? Like some of the other posters, I dont see Miz as the tough guy, I dont see him as the bad ass but thats creatives job to try and evolve him.

So I like the Miz, his current gimmick with Truth annoys me, I dont like it and mute the tv when they come out but I hope this whole Awesome Truth gimmick is scrapped soon.

I don't hate the Miz, I would just really like him to stop rapping. Other than that, he gets good heat. I don't think he was ready for Wrestlemania and I really think the people who see him as a top baby face are hitting the ole pipe a little too often, but I think he's a decent main event heel.

After reading the posts here (or rather, skimming through the posts) it appears that The Miz has been winning people over left and right.

I, like a lot of people have been saying here, had no respect for the guy starting out. But little by little he earned my respect. He's solid on WWE, but it's usually his spots outside WWE TV that get him over with me more and more.

I laughed my ass off when I saw him on H8R, and he talked about turning his hater into a miniature version of himself, so every time the guy looked in the mirror he'd see The Miz. He is a good guy, and has a great sense of humor. It makes watching him in the WWE that much more enjoyable because you have this extra insight as to what he's really like and when you see how it shines through when Mike plays his role as The Miz just that much better.

He was the first guy since I started watching again in 2010 to get over with me, and he's now #6 on my all time favorites list. He really IS awesome.

3.)Which leads me to #3, his gimmick!! while he can dress snazy and look like a hollywood playboy, not only has that gimmick been done to death, but its being done ALOT BETTER.....EVEN CURRENTLY!! Both Ziggler and ADR(and once rhodes) all have that general persona and play it WAY BETTER!!
THAT is debatable. Ziggler has no personality that ever seems to shine through. ADR IS playing a similar gimmick I guess, if foreign, but he's certainly not getting over like The Miz is. The Miz is the best guy I've seen in this role since Mr. Perfect.
4.)His physique!! Not only is he not in that good of shape for a professional athlete( and im not saying this cause he doesnt take tons of roids and looks like Batista, look at HBK or Edge in there prime. Great physique, built but in a believeable way.) Not to mention it makes me angry that anything that I hear stuff like Vince wont let Bourne or other smaller guys into the world title picture cause of there size. LOOK AT MIZ! he looks like a scrawny girl compared to most of those guys. Even morrison is more bulit, and he already has a girly shape.
You realize of course that The Miz still manages to look better than Chris Jericho?
5.)And Finally...his status!! Since when did he surpass Christian and CM Punk? guys that are amazing in and out of the ring, but are still below Cena and Orton. Why does he get to ride first class?? Did I miss something?? He won MitB(which even kennedy did, so not the biggest honor ever.) then cheaply cash in like almost everyone else has, then all of a sudden he is a main event picture???? He gave the same average young guy winning the title for the first time promos and defended only by cheating and even needed a protege cause they werent sure if he could hold his own. So why do I hear he is in the same class as Undertaker, Cena, and Orton as far as treatment, matches, and most likely pay???Like already mention guys Like Sheamus, ADR, and Ziggler are alot better and except ziggler(who's tech. tied w/Miz for titles) ADR and Sheamus have duble his world titles??? Idk about anyone else but I would have rathered Sheamus vs. Cena, Than Miz.
That's the whole point. It doesn't matter how good you are in the ring as long as you can talk. Look at The Rock. The Rock is good in the ring, but when you compare him to other legends of wrestling, The Rock is pretty much a bottom feeder in terms of in-ring talent. But he does have flair and he knows how to make his moves look better than they are, and that's very important. The Miz is very much the same kind of guy. In terms of where their talents lie and their methods they use to get over with the fans The Miz & The Rock are very similar. Now, in almost every other way they're very different, so don't go thinking I'm saying they're the same guy or anything like that, but in those two areas, yeah, they've got a lot in common.
This is big though, I can't stress it enough, that if you can talk the sky is the limit, and that's where The Miz's strength is. The Miz brings in new fans with every spot outside WWE TV he takes. This makes him invaluable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back