• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do fans look like mongoloids? (Serious question)

Razor Blade Dream

The Thread Killah
It is no secret that wrestling or wrestlings fans get a bad rap. The fans are usually branded hillbillies, white trash, ignorant or just stupid hicks. I, on the contrary, am a fairly well-educated person who has no interest in inbreeding and loves wrestling. I am also clean, witty and like long walks on the beach.
Lately, I noticed a good portion of fans in my bizarre state of New Jersey and they actually make me kind of embarrassed to be a fan. They seriously look like the scraps that God felt was not good enough to fit in the mold of Larry the Cable Guy.
The women are usually the worst of the bunch. They rock the tight, stretch pants, slipper-like shoes, oddly shaped with a kangaroo pouch hanging off their guts while wearing a John Cena shirt that they found at the flea market. You know the type of shirt, poorly screen printed and not official merch in any way.
The guys though, hoo boy, they are generally the type you find on a sex offender website, greasy ass hair and you can literally see the dog shit fumes emitting off of their skin. All the while they wear a old and tattered Austin 3:16 shirt with the sleeves poorly torn off to show off their pasty white flabby arms with late 90's tribal tattoos.
Now, after you have that in your head, it is easy to see why people associate wrestling with that kind of freak that carnies wouldn't even book for a show.
Yet, no matter how hard Vince shows celebs in commercials plugging WWE or even having wrestlers do media interviews and appearances, they can't wash the shit fumes off their skin.
Are we destined to be lumped into the category of being the scourges of society? Or will we have a moment in time where we can be on par with other sports fans such as a die-hard football fan or whatever? When will someone realize that wrestling may be scripted but it is also more grueling than some sports that are more widely accepted by mainstream society; and not all the fans are stupid and ignorant and that we are considered well-to-do people?

have yout not seen your typical football fan? yeah they're very close to what you described. saying the "hillbilly" look is associated to wrestling isnt quite right. you have them in football, baseball, hell i even saw some on nascar....and dont forget the local news..lets face it, they're everywhere.

No offense Razor, but your comments make you sound extremely elitist. You don't have to be from a particular part of the country to have the particular types of physical characteristics you're describing. Most people don't fit the "standard" of beauty but that doesn't make them some sort of subhuman slime. The so called "hillbilly" look isn't really something that "hillbillies" came up with. Taking a look at old photographs, particularly in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it's quite often to see photos of governors, senators, captains of industry and even presidents that could pass for what's considered a "hillbilly". You're basing intelligence and morals based on appearance, which someone as fairly-well educated as you claim to be, should know better. The reason professional wrestling sort of gets snickered at by most other forms of media entertainment has little to do with any of the fans who watch it, it has to do with the product itself.

Wrestling promoters to this day put out their product and try to give the impression that it's 100% legitimate, despite the fact that anyone with access to a television set for the past 50 years knows that it isn't. But, I suppose everyone needs to have someone that they can feel superior to. You have your "mongoloids" and mainstream media has professional wrestling.

No offense Razor, but your comments make you sound extremely elitist. You don't have to be from a particular part of the country to have the particular types of physical characteristics you're describing. Most people don't fit the "standard" of beauty but that doesn't make them some sort of subhuman slime. The so called "hillbilly" look isn't really something that "hillbillies" came up with. Taking a look at old photographs, particularly in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it's quite often to see photos of governors, senators, captains of industry and even presidents that could pass for what's considered a "hillbilly". You're basing intelligence and morals based on appearance, which someone as fairly-well educated as you claim to be, should know better. The reason professional wrestling sort of gets snickered at by most other forms of media entertainment has little to do with any of the fans who watch it, it has to do with the product itself.

Wrestling promoters to this day put out their product and try to give the impression that it's 100% legitimate, despite the fact that anyone with access to a television set for the past 50 years knows that it isn't. But, I suppose everyone needs to have someone that they can feel superior to. You have your "mongoloids" and mainstream media has professional wrestling.

I pretty much typed the article very tongue-in-cheek. That is just how my humor rolls. And I was just making a basic observation from what I was witnessing around my area. The friends I have that like wrestling vary in appearance but the ones that wear the WWE colors proudly seem to have that "Ye gods, look at that freak." type of vibe. I didn't mean to come off as an "elitist," I'm far from it, I was just dropping my off-beat humor on the masses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back