• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why did Charlie have to die?

Minor League Brian

Master of the Legendary Triple Post
Kill off my favorite character, and now it seems my second won't even be in season 5 (Desmond).

This is bullshit, and Lost just makes me sad killing Charlie and all. :(

Haha, I was just messing with you.

I may sit down and watch Lost in its entirety one day...

I think you are going to need slightly more than one day.

I may take time to watch it during the summer at the moment uni takes up most of my time, that an family of course....:\

i dunno it seems they always kill my favourite charechter in everything lost (charlie) , skins season 2 (chris) and Skins season 4 (freddie)

Charlie was awesome, but his story had gone as far as it could. That's whats awesome about Lost, the show is organic, no stories are forced. They felt that his character arch was finishing up and so they let it happen naturally. I do miss him though. Greatest Hits is a top 10 episode for m, and Through The Looking Glass is top 5.

Charlie's a moron for closing the door anyway.

"Fuck, it's flooding! What will we do?!"

"..Didn't we swim IN here?"

Because he was told by Desmond that if he didn't die, Claire wouldn't get off the island, which turned out to be a lie because Claire has never gotten off the island anyway. Which makes me think it was just Smokey messing with Des' dreams.

You could also say that he realised that there was no way out for him. If he didn't close the door then the entire place would have flooded and both Charlie and Desmond would die, as would those on the island who didn't know it wasn't Penny's boat.

Actually, Desmond never saw Claire getting off the island. If my theory is correct, he saw Charlie speaking to Penny, and then told him the Claire part to motivate him. Notice how he fucking books it to the door when the grenade goes off. After Charlie spoke to Penny, he figured he could try to save him.

Because he was told by Desmond that if he didn't die, Claire wouldn't get off the island, which turned out to be a lie because Claire has never gotten off the island anyway. Which makes me think it was just Smokey messing with Des' dreams.

You could also say that he realised that there was no way out for him. If he didn't close the door then the entire place would have flooded and both Charlie and Desmond would die, as would those on the island who didn't know it wasn't Penny's boat.

They could have ran to the little pool and swam back to shore the same way they got in.

Actually, Desmond never saw Claire getting off the island. If my theory is correct, he saw Charlie speaking to Penny, and then told him the Claire part to motivate him. Notice how he fucking books it to the door when the grenade goes off. After Charlie spoke to Penny, he figured he could try to save him.

Des had quite a few visions that we were never shown. I wish I had a better memory because I watched this episode and I can't remember exactly what was said. I do remember Des saying "This time you've got to die" and some conversation about if he didn't it'd wreck the chances of the boat finding them.

You know thinking about it, I always reasoned that Charlie closed the door because he didn't have time to get out and didn't want the chamber to flood but... it's a fucking huge chamber. It's not like it's going to flood instantly. I'll stick by my idea that he was convinced he had to die as it's the only one that makes sense.

Des had quite a few visions that we were never shown. I wish I had a better memory because I watched this episode and I can't remember exactly what was said. I do remember Des saying "This time you've got to die" and some conversation about if he didn't it'd wreck the chances of the boat finding them.

You know thinking about it, I always reasoned that Charlie closed the door because he didn't have time to get out and didn't want the chamber to flood but... it's a fucking huge chamber. It's not like it's going to flood instantly. I'll stick by my idea that he was convinced he had to die as it's the only one that makes sense.

Charlie had completely accepted he was going to die after he flipped the switch. The chick was threatening to shoot him with a speargun and he didn't even blink an eye (Until she was going to find Desmond.) I mean fuck, the chick's beating him upside the head and he's all smiling and shit. Des told Charlie he was going to drown, so he figured that he HAD to drown for them to get rescued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back