• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why a Miz/Jericho WWE Title match at WM28 would be epic

Kofi/ZigglerClassic

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was thinking about this today on what would be a good/solid WWE Title match for WM28. And it came to me. What match and feud would be entertaining and draw big attention....The Miz vs Chris Jericho. Here's my reasons why this must happen at WM28:

*Both men are reality TV stars and can draw a lot of attention media wise. Book this match and both men will use their media pull to hype the hell out of the confrontation at WM28. Talk shows, Twitter, these two would go all out.

*One thing lately is that a lot of people say that The Miz is a Jericho copycat and tries to duplicate what he does. They could use this as part of the storyline. Have Miz be sick and tired of the argument of him being Jericho clone and that he wants to get out of Jericho's shadow by beating him on the grandest stage of all. on Jericho's side of the storyline, have Jericho think that Miz is trying to copy him but is an 'inferior' clone and feels that The Miz has no business being the star that he is. Jericho wants to show the world that Miz is a nobody and humiliate him at WM. Plus the mic work and promos would be gold between these two.

*Both men imo would work very well together in the ring and put on a real back and forth match.

So that imo should be the WWE Title match for WM28. It's got the star power, media draw, and two men who I think would put on a classic together. What do you guys think?

Miz doesn't really immitate Jericho, they're similar, smaller, somewhat pretty boy looking, great talkers, pretty good in the ring.

Now that you mention it, I'd kinda like to see WM28 be like a clash of generations. Austin vs Orton, Miz vs Jericho, Cena vs Rock. It'd be an epic spectacle.

no this match sounds bad, miz is no where near the caliber jericho is. So cena sells miz at wrestlemania 27 and know hes like the next greatest superstar! cmon man that match was average at best. ive always been against the miz being wwe champion and still dont think he has what it takes. Jericho is a man of a thousand holds and miz is a man of a thousand words. Maybe a good ppv match but not a wrestlemania match. wwe should take the title off the miz becuase as long as he holds the title gets weaker and weaker. my thoughts the miz is still awful

This won't be epic, this would be a boring match, but a good feud.

Chris Jericho is awesome on the microphone, he makes amazing promos and he does fantastic in the ring.

The Miz is overrated, too much people like him and compare him to Jericho. Sure, he's good in segments and promos, but he is nowhere near the level of Chris Jericho. And also, his in ring work is mediocre. His match with John Cena at WM 27 is nowhere near a Main Event level match, especially for WrestleMania.

Personally, I don't want to watch a match where Chris Jericho will have to carry The Miz. People say Miz improved in the ring, I agree, but he's nowhere near the level of being great in the ring as Jericho is.

This match does not sound epic, but the FEUD does.

The feud is half the battle. Jericho is good enough to make a guy who is solid and easily lead like the Miz to a pretty good match. Edge is pretty average in the ring, his finisher is a running hug.

Miz vs Jericho is an epic feud with an above average and very entertaining match.

As for the whole "Cena vs Miz was average" well yea, but I'm guessing neither one of their hearts were 100% into it, even though they probably wanted it to be. They were gettting buried at the end by the Rock. Plus the match was heating up. The crowd popped for the FU falsie. I bet if you gave them another 7 minutes for a finishing stretch and didn't have Rock squashing it, it would have been a good-great match.

rkonextphenom you just seem to be a Miz hater. He's extremely over, that matters a lot more than moves. Also, don't use "Jericho is the man of a thousand holds and miz is the man of a thousand words" as an excuse. You sound like a moves mark. Miz can tell decent stories in the ring, at his best Jericho is world class. No one is arguing that Jericho is superior in the ring.

Think of this though, danielson is a world class in ring performer, so is jericho, Miz/Bryan had some pretty good matches, with a more charismatic opponent, I bet that Miz/Jericho would be pretty good. highly entertaining if nothing else.

I feel the feud itself would be very good in that both men would have amazing promos going into it. If the Miz continues to improve it can also be a very good match inside the ring. I think I do see this as a possivle Mania 28 match because these two don't seem to be on the best of terms and I think this could almost be a more personal feud. In addition I think this would be in a way a passign of the torch kind of moment because Jericho has said Miz reminds him of a lesser Jericho. I would be very interested in this feud because of the chemistry I think these two could have. I think this would also be a big draw and it would contune to make the Miz look very good at Wrestlemania. However the only problem is I think the WWE Creative might make this feud way earlier than Mania henceforth making impossible to see at Mania. Maybe if they realize the potential in this match they will decide to hold off but this is up in the air. However I think you have it right when you say it should be Miz vs Jericho.

I was thinking about this today on what would be a good/solid WWE Title match for WM28. And it came to me. What match and feud would be entertaining and draw big attention....The Miz vs Chris Jericho. Here's my reasons why this must happen at WM28:

*Both men are reality TV stars and can draw a lot of attention media wise. Book this match and both men will use their media pull to hype the hell out of the confrontation at WM28. Talk shows, Twitter, these two would go all out.

*One thing lately is that a lot of people say that The Miz is a Jericho copycat and tries to duplicate what he does. They could use this as part of the storyline. Have Miz be sick and tired of the argument of him being Jericho clone and that he wants to get out of Jericho's shadow by beating him on the grandest stage of all. on Jericho's side of the storyline, have Jericho think that Miz is trying to copy him but is an 'inferior' clone and feels that The Miz has no business being the star that he is. Jericho wants to show the world that Miz is a nobody and humiliate him at WM. Plus the mic work and promos would be gold between these two.

*Both men imo would work very well together in the ring and put on a real back and forth match.

So that imo should be the WWE Title match for WM28. It's got the star power, media draw, and two men who I think would put on a classic together. What do you guys think?

I like it....I like it alot.

I don't think Jericho should come out of the wood works and just challenge him for the title...he needs to earn it. By doing so he should be the surprise entry for the Rumble and win it...he's never won a Rumble before and deserves it. The next night on Raw he picks which champion to go after...and it's the Miz.

I think their styles would mesh well together and would have tremendous build. The Jericho return would be huge...but they shouldn't bring him back too soon...you want the excitement to last through the big show. Also, it would be nice for Miz to hold onto the WWE title ALL the way until next Wrestlemania to really establish himself as the top guy.

One thing to consider though, and I don't wanna be a debby downer, but how quickly the climate changes in the WWE.

I don't think Miz will fal off a cliff because he has too much ability for that. However, what if someone else explodes onto the scene?

I will say that at the moment, if it was november, I'd definately be greenlighting it.

I think it's interesting how the wwe has everybody waiting for wm28 already. there are what, 11 ppv's between now and then? everybody is just skipping those. who's to say miz or jericho will even be around yet alone champ when wm28 comes? The match would possible be good because jericho is great and by wm28, miz should be great because he's getting better every week but damn, everybody's skipping to wrestlemania already.

Only if the Y2J persona returns,it seems as if Miz has taken that "I'M THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT I DO" schitck Jericho used before he left and ran with it.

If Jericho comes back as the Y2J perosna..it would be gold in the mic!!

Miz would come out and warn him of what he could do if they lock up.
Jericho could plainly quote the movie "Stripes" and say: LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!

BEsides I think Jericho wants to have one more run before he hangs it up and would like to go out on the persona he came into the WWE with.

A Miz/Y2J feud might just liven up a stale product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it's interesting how the wwe has everybody waiting for wm28 already. there are what, 11 ppv's between now and then? everybody is just skipping those. who's to say miz or jericho will even be around yet alone champ when wm28 comes? The match would possible be good because jericho is great and by wm28, miz should be great because he's getting better every week but damn, everybody's skipping to wrestlemania already.
In all fairness these are the "dead" months. We have what? 4 months until SummerSlam? I'm going to use a very crude analogy but I think it's perfect. The weeks after wrestlemania are like trying to jerk off again immediately after you've done it once. Yea it was pretty awesome when you were doing it, but now it's time for some TV or gatorade or something else, at least for a while.

Another analogy is like when you drive 8 hours to a wrestling show, the drive there, the show, everything is awesome. But the drive back suuuuuuucks because you're going back to normalsy. I understand why people are talking about it.

Miz doesn't really immitate Jericho, they're similar, smaller, somewhat pretty boy looking, great talkers, pretty good in the ring.

Now that you mention it, I'd kinda like to see WM28 be like a clash of generations. Austin vs Orton, Miz vs Jericho, Cena vs Rock. It'd be an epic spectacle.

The Miz is very much an immitation of Jericho. The way the talk trash, the way they carry themselves. Hell they even dress pretty much the same. Nice sets of hair to boot. To further my point, wrestlezone recently had an interview up with Jericho where Jericho actually says he feels like he is watching himself on Raw. (Meaning when he sees Miz work)

Now as for this match possibly happening? I can dig it. I think it would be a great fued. Have them both play as themselves to the crowd, meaning not have one or the other turn face. Let them dictate to the fans who they would want to cheer for.(I think it would be Jericho because lets face it, he is all around great)

As for the match itself? I believe it would be a great match too. People discredit Miz's work because of where he came from. The Real World idiot that ended up shooting T-shirts into the crowd at WWE events to BANG, the WWE champion over night.

To you people I say this: STOP HATING. He followed his dreams and he is improving LEAPS AND BOUNDS in front of our eyes. As one poster said above by the WM28 comes around Miz will be great in the ring. If his past history shows us anything, he definitely has the ability to do what he sets his mind to.

LET IT GO, big deal he came from MTV and Tough Enough. The man is flat out entertaining and I honestly havent felt 1 of his matches since being in the main event picture, has been bad.

The likes of Batista, Goldberg, Cena just to name a few, were(are) never great in ring performers, but most of you cheer(ed) them like they are the greatest technical wrestlers in the history of wrestling.

I remember a time when everyone hated Kurt Angle because he NEVER won without incident and always looked like a "girl"(no offense lady posters) always running from people and hiding behind people. Now he is widely considered one of the best to ever do the damn thing.

So to the original poster: I am in, I can definitely see this and I would enjoy it. Heck as I stated above Jericho has already commented about he feels like he is watching himself when he sees The Miz. So the ground work is there already.

I think any match between Jericho and Miz would show just how mediocre and unremarkable the Miz is in the ring.

I don't think Jericho would do anything to make him look bad, but it would pretty much look like the original going against an inferior copy.

People are right in saying guys like Batista and John Cena weren't and aren't the greatest technicians in the ring. They at least put on matches that were memorable. Their matches stick out. The Miz's don't.

You tend to forget about them soon after they happen.

I feel I need to mention that earlier in the thread, Jericho was refered to as "The Man of 1000 Holds". This is incorrect. He is actually "The Man of 1004 Holds". Stinko Malenko is the man of 1000.

But as for the actual topic, I feel this would be an excellent match. It was already mentioned that next year could have a "generation vs generation" vibe to it, which I think would be great. Cena/Rock, Jericho/Miz, HHH/Sheamus, Sin Cara/Mysterio, Barret/Taker. There's a LOT you could do with the whole idea. And if not Mania, they could still use the theme for something like Summerslam.

I really feel that Miz's in-ring work is plenty enough to keep up with Jericho. He's already better in ring than Cena is, which I thought was painfully clear at WM. Couple that with the fact that Jericho can carry damn near ANYONE, and you have yourself a safe WM bet. Not only that, but I can't remember the last time either competitor was injured, so you wouldn't have to worry about that messing up your plans.

I would love that match.

Jericho could make The Miz look 10x better than Cena did. This would be the perfect chance to bring Chris Jericho back as a face... as Y2J!!!!!!!

And the idea of a generation vs generation Wrestlemania was simply a great idea by the poster above me..

Great idea and I am sold. Miz is good on the mic, Jericho is one of the best, Miz could really learn from Jericho.

There are alot of 'wrestling snobs' on these boards. When will people realise that WWE isn't just about the best technical wrestlers? Miz can put on a decent match and tell a good story. It would bore the hell outta me if everyone wrestled like Benoit, Hart and Jericho! I love the fact we have different styles. John Cenas in-ring work is more than acceptable aswell.

Give the Miz a chance. He has only being at the top for a few months, he is still learning the trade. Miz vs Jericho would be an excellent addition to the awesome main event that WWE made this past Monday.

I would love that match.

Jericho could make The Miz look 10x better than Cena did. This would be the perfect chance to bring Chris Jericho back as a face... as Y2J!!!!!!!

And the idea of a generation vs generation Wrestlemania was simply a great idea by the poster above me..
You mean like this post?

Yea, my idea....but whatever, not like it's actually all that original.

The best post wasn't that anyways, it was the guy above me. Talking about different styles. Miz is a LOT better than the bitchers give him credit for. BTW, I'm calling you guys bitchers from now on. You aren't smart, so both smark and "smart" mark are out of the question. You aren't the voice of the entire IWC so I'm not going with that. You're the bitchers. Bitch about Cena's "overselling" then praise HBK, until he comes back then bitch about how he needs to retire. Bitch about Rock never coming back, then bitch about him being here, then bitch about him somehow ruining Summerslam, then bitch about Taker and Triple H, 2 guys 40ish killing themselves and selling well enough that people think Taker is legit hurt and bitch that they sold too much. Bitch bitch bitch.

I'm going to try to call someone bitchy as often as the bitchers say "botch". They sound similar. "man that poster really bitched hard on his last post, I'm surprised anyone gave a shit about what he had to say".

Bitchers.

I think any match between Jericho and Miz would show just how mediocre and unremarkable the Miz is in the ring.

I don't think Jericho would do anything to make him look bad, but it would pretty much look like the original going against an inferior copy.

People are right in saying guys like Batista and John Cena weren't and aren't the greatest technicians in the ring. They at least put on matches that were memorable. Their matches stick out. The Miz's don't.

You tend to forget about them soon after they happen.

I don't remember any batista or Cena matches that were better than Miz Vs Bryan or Miz vs Morrison.

To the OP, this is a great idea, and Im pretty confident it would steal the show at Wrestlemania - Jericho can make anyone look good, and despite what the haters say Miz doesnt need anyone to make him look good, he does that himself. This match would blatantly blow Rock/Cena out the water. The match aside, we know the feud and promos would be golden and that really is half the battle. They would tell an intriguing story and that is enough for me.

I've read all the posts and i am so excited about that idea!!
WWE just have to do it!!

Jericho is great in the ring and in the mic.
The Miz is becoming better everyday!!
OMG what an idea, PLEASE Vince come read what we think!!

But one thing, how the hell is The Miz going to be champion until next WrestleMania?​
Its impossible, they wouldnt do it!! If he reaches 200 days i will be surprised, but for me he could do it, im not full of is reign, IMO it was the best reign in a long time!!

The Miz vs Chris Jericho​
EPIC FEUD

I do think this would be a magnificent feud and could be a great match.

I love the complete hate and love for Miz everyone has. Nobody just thinks he is pretty solid? I think he is legit Main Eventer and pretty solid.

I think the mic skills of both guys could really make this special and it would be worthy of being on a card with Cena vs. The Rock (and I have a feeling we may see Austin on this card also, just a feeling for some reason).

Jericho can definitely make it a great match, and The Miz works well in the ring, even if he is not spectacular.

Definitely a good idea and one I hope to see materialize now.

I agree, I think the match and the feud leading up to it would be gold. I think they'd have great chemistry together as well, seeing as they are good friends outside the ring and I think their personalities would clash well. Jericho is great in the ring and Miz is at least capable of putting on a good match. And the back-and-forth between the two would be funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back