• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's your favourite Mixed Martial Artist and why?

I don't know if I can pick just one, so I'll give you guys a bit of a list (in no order).

Anderson Silva - Impressed me from the moment I saw him, he's just a very exciting, well rounded fighter, and seems to be a pretty classy guy.

Don Frye- I loved Frye before I even saw him throw a punch, when I saw him staring down his opponent, I knew he was going to kick some major ass. Dude has a very intense aura, and is one of the toughest, most rugged motherfuckers to step in the octagon.

Jose Aldo- The most exciting fighter alive today, and one of the best as well. Quick as fuck, explosive as fuck, and just a scary man, Aldo is just a beast.

Nick Diaz- jmt broke it down pretty well, Diaz is just awesome. He's always active, going for some crazy ass submission, throwing punches, elbows, anything he can hit them with, no matter what position he's in. And I absolutley love his (and his brothers) showboating, cause they sure as fuck back it up, and they also give their opponent proper respect when the fight is done.

Others I like: Wanderlei, Ken Shamrock, Tito Ortiz, The Nogs, Shogun, Machida, BJ Penn, and a bunch of others I'm forgetting.

I'm with Angel.

There's no way I could pick just one so I'll also give my couple.

Dan Severn An absolute beast of a man and I thoroughly enjoyed his war with Royce until he finally got triangled. Severn benchmarked a brutish wrestler with great ground and pound and resiliency.

Lyoto Machida Easily one of my favorite fighters of all time. I've been on the Machida bandwagon since I caught his fight with Rich Franklin. I never get tired of watching him fight and have no problem with people who don't want to watch him because they find him "boring." Machida is one of the most technical fighters in the UFC and I still believe he's got a great future ahead of him.

Bas Rutten Liver kicks galore. Bas Rutten threw those kicks with reckless abandon and they were meant to hurt. I only wish his UFC career hadn't been cut short by injury. I think he could have defended that title a couple more times before he lost it.

Jose Aldo Easily the most exciting and dominant up-and-coming fighter. I realize he's the champ, but I don't actually think we've seen Aldo come anywhere close to his peak potential. This is why I say up-and-comer. Aldo and Marlon Sandro are going to be an ABSOLUTE nightmare for 145 lb'ers and the sad part is that if the two of them ever fought there would be fireworks. Damn you Nova Uniao and Black House for not fighting your teammates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back