• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's Your Favorite Pro-Wrestler?

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
A simple question for all, favorite pro wrestler, any era, any company and why. I am not asking for the "best" or whatever, just the guy you always really enjoyed watching or are, at least, enjoying as of right now.

Mine is actually Shinsuke Nakamura, as my sig probably tells it. I've always loved the character, the moveset, the charisma and that theme song. It's hard to dislike the guy.

the Undertaker.

Got hooked to him from the first time I saw him. Most of my friends were for the Rock or Stone Cold, but Taker just had something about him that attracted me. It did help that he was a huge mofo that screamed,"don't mess with me."

As I got older, that appreciation for his work grew, and then the Streak became significant. The fact he gave us the best match of Mania for quite a few years show how good he has been and the fact that he has truly earned the praise given to him.
Was really shocked when he was defeated last Mania, it still hurts as a huge fan of him whenever I watch the video on youtube.

Still hope he gets a proper farewell from the WWE. He truly deserves it!

thank_you_undertaker_by_kanetakerfan701-d7dmca9.jpg

Chris Jericho for me. Being Canadian I was always a fan of Canadian wrestlers first and foremost. During the 90s, Jericho was my favourite part of WCW. I was a huge cruiserweight fan and his stuff with Malenko and Mysterio was amazing. I loved his comedic stuff with Ralphus. Fast forward to WWE. He instantly became a star. I didn't watch ECW then so I didn't know him until WCW. He is my favourite, because of his Canadian heritage, charisma, in ring talent. To me he is the complete package as a wrestler errr sports entertainer

Stone Cold Steve Austin. The man who was your hero but didn't give a shit about it. Greatest promo guy ever IMO and also one of the best inside the ropes. He was freaking awesome as Stunning Steve as well.

I don't really have a long term favorite, who I like the most jumps around quite a bit. Right now, I think my favorite is probably the tag team of Enzo Amore and Big Cass.

The Stinger would be my favourite. From the surfer underdog who was taking on the Four Horseman and Vader & Luger with Harley Race AND the Dangerous Alliance to the avenging angel that terrorised the nWo - I always enjoyed Mr Borden's character and in ring style. What further cemented him in my eyes has been his loyalty to WCW and TNA - when Vince was offering him the Earth and Stars, he stuck with these companies. Only TNA offloading big guaranteed contracts has finally seen him strike a working relationship 'up north'.

Honourable mentions - Fit Finlay, Rick Steiner, Ricky Morton, Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton will always hold a fond place in my heart as great workers.

Pretty much an even split between Bret Hart and Steve Austin. Watching a Bret Hart match is like watching a good series of films. No one told a story like Bret, which enabled him to have good matches with just about anyone. Great storytelling can make up for weak wrestling.

Austin, however, was the all around entertainment package. He could have great matches, but everything he did outside of the ring was pure gold. There has never been a more all around entertaining performer in wrestling than Austin.

There are so many guys who are very entertaining right now, it's too hard for me to decide on just one (or even five).

Hhh and bad ass billy gunn and road dogg have always been mine just think they r all awesome

But if I chose one from the other two shows I've watched it would b
Kevin steen aka kevin Owens from roh

And James storm from tna think the bloke would b an awesome heel in wwe if they signed him

Despite his recent neck-breaking incidents, my favourite was AJ Styles. I haven't had a chance to watch him since Spike became a channel you had to pay for, except when he first went to ROH, but he's still one of my all-time favourites.

If I had to pick just one, I'd have to say Chris Benoit. Not to bring up any subject on the murder/suicide, but as a wrestler I was always in awe whenever he did his thing the ring. The dude was intense. His feud with Kevin Sullivan is what made me a fan to this day. And don't even get me started on his matches with Kurt Angle, especially at Royal Rumble 2003.

As a child wrestling fan in the early 80s, I was raised on :flair: and no one will ever replace him in my heart.

In the late 90s/2000s era my top guy was usually :robvandam:
But Stone Cold, Misawa, and Benoit were never far behind.
As for current competitors, if I had to pick one, it's likely
tumblr_n5i3jpBlut1tt2jjyo1_400.gif

Top tier of Honorable Mentions: Daniel Bryan, Kevin Steen(Owens), Kyle O'Reilly, Low Ki, and Seth Rollins.

I grew up a huge HBK fan. Now my favorite wrestler is Kofi Kingston, no joke. If he was white and/or not on Randy Orton's shit list I guarantee the guy would have had at least one WHC run.

Sting.

He's been so since I was a kid and I guess I just never grew out of it like I was supposed to.

I don't really have one favorite. If I chose one I'd feel bad for not having the other ones at the top.

This is the shortlist:
- Aries
- Undertaker
- Bret
- Jericho
- Benoit
- Sting
- Bryan
- RVD

Neville is clawing his way up there.

It changes with time, for awhile it was between Jericho & Triple H, then Punk, & for the last couple years Kevin Steen/Owens has taken that spot.

Can not go past Undertaker just the presence of the man, the streak. I remember the first WM i watched live was WM 23 with 5 other mates, the match with Batista sealed my love for the great man. Being about 12 years old i still had enough suspension of disbelief that i felt that it was going to be a win for Batista and then the match against HBK at WM25 was as close to perfection as you can get

Kane during his early run......... what? I mean, I don't often say this but its criminal that he was never given more WHC runs back when he could go.

As a young fanatic I was a die hard Warrior. The UW was the greatest phenomenon I had experienced to that point.

From there I transitioned towards The Nature Boy Ric Flair. In forth grade I even dropped the K from my first name so to spell it the same as Flair. Some years later I wrote my final high school paper with the man as the focal point.

There's a reason a man with not an athletic bone in his body who held the world championship for about a month and a half between three combined reigns is in the conversation for the greatest of all-time. From his first title win to the plunge off the cell to making an entire arena stand up and cheer for a man unbuttoning his shirt, Mick Foley was incredible. He genuinely seems like a lovely guy as well.

Steve Austin and Rey Mysterio will always have a place in my heart, bless 'em, as will Daniel Bryan. Sami Zayn is right up there after only a year and half.

Recently, I've been looking at Triple H's 2000-2001 and I'm not sure a wrestler has ever had a string of feuds and matches as good as that (from McMahon to Foley to The Rock to Chris Jericho to Kurt Angle to Stone Cold to The Undertaker). People pretend he's tiers below, well, all those people he feuded with but it's bollocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back