• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's the Foil V: Triple H

Who is Triple H's biggest rival?

• The Rock

• Shawn Michaels

• Randy Orton

• Mick Foley

• Chris Jericho

• Kane

• Batista

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

S.J. Maximus

Championship Contender
One of the most key aspects of pro wrestling is the development of feuds and over the years we've been treated to a lot of them, obviously fluctuating in both intensity and longevity. When those goodie faces battle those evil heels we love the conflict of personality and style as well as personal issues.

The point of this series I started is for you, the IWC, to tell me who you think a star's greatest nemesis was. For the fifth edition I'm going to use someone who has been involved in some of the biggest feuds in WWE history:

Triple H
The King of Kings
j3u5hrwe.jpg
All hail the King of Kings, the top heel in wrestling for the better part of 6 years and a top face for the 6 years that followed. For the previous editions he's come in second place as wrestlers' biggest rival but there can be only one number 1 enemy for the game. He's headlined 8 WrestleManias with Big Show, The Rock, Mankind, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit (he's not an option he doesn't exist), Batista, John Cena, and Randy Orton.

Tell me, who is the true career foil of The Cerebral Assassin?

HBK no doubt. How many memorable feuds have these two had and each time classic matches. Hell even as DX they had times they would try to one up eachother. Remember Survivor Series Cena vs HHH vs HBK right off the bell Shawn hit Hunter with Sweet Chin Music. There has always been a rivalry between the two and every time we see HBK vs HHH we want to see it again. Hell there are people right now clamoring for Shawn's "one more match" to be against Triple H. So HBK bar none.

It took me hours and hours and I've finally decided that my vote goes to Randy Orton. HBK is his best friend, Rock left in 03, but Orton has been his enemy for 5 years regardless of who was face and who was heel at the time. They headlined WrestleMania 24 with Cena and then was the main event of WrestleMania 25. HHH's invasion of Orton's home was one of the last good backstage segments we've seen and their feud always has something to build off of - Evolution.

I guess I would say HBK, even though they are now friends. Just think about all the matches they've had against each other-Hell in a Cell, 3 Stages of Hell, SummerSlam no DQ. HBK pinned HHH in the Elimination Chamber to win his final World Title, they beat the hell out of each other in the triple threat match at WrestleMania 20 that included the other guy who never existed. Their feud dominated RAW for about a year. Even when they were in DX, there were still signs of past feuds. Remember last year's Royal Rumble, when HBK eliminated HHH with sweet chin music? What about what happened on RAW this week, when HBK asked HHH why he thought he could beat the Undertaker & HHH said HBK had gotten soft? There has always been tension under the surface between these two.

Another option not mentioned in your post would be Austin. They had a pretty intense feud which included HHH paying Rikishi to hit Austin with his car. They also had a pretty damn good 3 stages of hell match.

I'm surprised that Austin isn't on this list. Between '99-'01 these 2 destroyed each other. Granted, Austin spent most of 2000 on the shelf, but the heat between these two was way better that most any other feud of the time.

But, in terms of a foil, my vote's for The Rock. Rock and HHH spent most of their careers trying to beat the other at some point, and their feud in 2000 kept the company alive with SCSA hurt. Between 1998 and 2001, Rock always brought out the best in Hunter, and vice versa. HHH would be nothing without his feuding against The Rock.

HBK.They've had so many great matches together like the triple threat between HBK,Trips and the ref(since apparently someone in that match doesnt exist) and always tried to one up each other in DX.

No doubt in my mind that it's been The Rock

They rivaled for years

Nation Of Domination vs. D-Generation X
The Corporation vs. D-Generation X (although in all fairness, their rivalry there was nothing compared to Rock vs. Austin)
The wrestled matches for both the Intercontinental Title and for the WWF Title

A lot of people were brought in and used during their feuds, but they were always the consistent two in them

It's bigger than just having been enemies within WWE storylines for a long time... These two probably split the vote for which would be the top guy in WWE when Austin was away. The only thing making the Rock the "face" of the company was the fact that Triple H was a much more hate-able bad guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back