• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's the Foil II: Edge

Who is Edge's biggest rival?

• The Undertaker

• John Cena

• Jeff Hardy

• Chris Jericho

• Christian

• Randy Orton

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

S.J. Maximus

Championship Contender
One of the most key aspects of pro wrestling is the development of feuds and over the years we've been treated to a lot of them, obviously fluctuating in both intensity and longevity. When those goodie faces battle those evil heels we love the conflict of personality and style as well as personal issues.

The point of this new series I'm starting is for you, the IWC, to tell me who you think a star's greatest nemesis was. For the second edition, I'm gonna use the man who has won more championships than anyone else in WWE history:

Edge
The Rated R Superstar
edge.jpg
'The Ultimate Opportunist' has been all over the card during his long career with the WWE and has feuded with some of the best, worst, and average guys the WWE has had on the roster. He's headlined 3 WrestleManias with Undertaker John Cena, Big Show, and Jericho. He's been in the ring with Jeff Hardy on and off from 99-09. What about when Christian turned on him? What about all the times he's faced Orton from 03-10? Did you watch WWE in 06 when it was Cena/Edge/Lita? Who is the career foil of The Master Manipulator?

My personal pick goes to John Cena only because other than Hardy and Orton this is the only feud that was fought in multiple completely different years. The thing that separates his feud with Cena over his ones with Hardy and Orton is that it was always a world title match with Cena. Every time these two clashed it was in the main event and people paid big bucks to see Cena destroy Edge.

I also choose John Cena. Cena looked beatable while fueding with Edge and Edge won his first world championship from Cena. I'm a huge fan of Edge and I was starting to wonder if he was ever gonna win a world title and then he wins it by beating Cena who had a long run with the title and then he has a great fued with Cena. I remember the great match that Cena and Edge had at unforgiven 2006. For me this made Edge look like a fulltime maineventer.

It has to be Cena. Their feud put Edge on the map. I'm not gonna look it up, but I think every time Edge has held the title on Raw, Cena won it from him.

If not Cena, then choice two would be Undertaker. Their matches were epic, and although it didn't get the hype of other matches, Edge vs Taker at Mania was one of the best. Streak vs. Streak was awesome.

Edge's biggest rivalry would have to be the one with Cena. It was the one that started Edge's championship reigns and lasted for several years.
He may have had matches with the Undertaker that were a lot better, but overall Cena was the feud that made him.

While this is extremely biased, I feel Jeff Hardy is since they basically have been rivals since the first few TLC matches and Ladder matches.Then when Jeff came back to Raw he feuded with Edge for a little bit over the Matt Hardy and Lita situation. Jeff won his first title by pinning Edge in that Triple Threat Match. Also the Money in the Bank Match when Jeff jumped onto Edge and broke the ladder. Idk I feel like Jeff and Edge always stands in my mind.

"Coke" Hardy is a close second; Edge was an established champ and heel by the time they had a "relevant" feud. The tag team feud has no significance to this one. Jeff Hardy got the break that Matt didn't get and he blew with drug problems. Edge had good matches with Taker (Extreme Rules, Mania, Summerslam) but CLEARLY his best feud ws with Cena. They single handedly were the WWE title picture in 2006. The only thing happening during that time was the horrendous DX and McMahon story. Besides, who else would've slapped Cena's dad in the face!!!!!!!!

I Personally think that Jericho is his biggest rival!!!
Well not about the feud that they have, or anyone else!!

i just think that they are a lot similar, good enterteiners and even in looks, they are similar!!

His feud with Taker was actually impressive, But I'm going with John Cena.

2006 was the fued of Edge and John Cena, it was great, these two made each other look good, After nearly a whole year Edge, finally cashing in his MitB contract defeated Cena, although losing the next ppv.. And because of Cena, got into a rivalry with Foley, had an awesome hardcore match at Mania.. He then got back into the title mix at Backlash, Edge then captured the title once again in July in a 3 way match including the then champion RVD.. Had a good match with Cena at SummerSlam 2006 before finally losing it again to John Cena at Unforgiven in a great TLC match..

In this rivalry you could tell how much they hated each other aswell, I ahd to look back at this one because I stopped watching WWE from 2005-2007 but from the one feud of his I watched, Taker/Edge feud was actually really good!

id have to say it was cena, they kinda put each other to another level, it was a feud that went on and on over a long period of time, and it would simmer down, and then flare right back up. those two really brought out good things in each other.

I would agree with everyone here and say John Cena, because i think the feud solidified Edge's main event status. However, i think everyone else on the list is beat out by Matt Hardy or Kane. That's my opinion, because personally i thought the storyline was more personal and it drew more emotion.

this is a good one

Cena maybe but m not a cena fan at all when cena shows up on TV my mind wanders off to other places no matter who he is working wth.

Randy Orton maybe they were awsome toghter as a rated rko and i see them doing numerous cards for years to come.

but to me my favorte edge rivalry was against Kane the whole thing with lita kane crashing the wedding that whole fued was a great one

CENA WAS HIS TOP NEMESIS, A FEUD THAT PUT OVER BOTH MEN AND WAS THE FEUD OF 2006, EDGE BECAME MAIN EVENTER WITH CENA, ONE OF THE BEST RIVALRIES IN THE 2000'S

I voted for Jericho, but Cena was probably the biggest since it was during his first reigns as champion. I said jericho because of the whole angle when they were tag champs and he got hurt. It wasn't for the gold I don't think, but they had a couple of good matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back