• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's Next To Win Their First World Title?

Who's next?

• Cody Rhodes

• Dolph Ziggler

• R-Truth

• Wade Barrett

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

SunnyD

Occasional Pre-Show
I know this thread isn't new to the forums, but wrestling is always changing. Last year we saw Alberto Del Rio, Christian, Mark Henry, and Daniel Bryan win their first heavyweight championships. Dolph Ziggler is technically in the record books as well, but he shouldn't really be considered a former world heavyweight champion. Anything can happen, nobody expected Daniel Bryan to win the Money in the Bank briefcase.

I truly think Wade Barrett will win it first. He's an excellent heel, not horrible on the mic and his in ring ability is top notch. Plus Vince loves big men, and Wade is certainly not undersized. Randy Orton really put him over in their last feud, although he's been a legitimate main eventer for a while now. Smackdown has a lot of contenders right now, but I really expect Barrett to pick the title up before anyone else who hasn't won the big one yet.

Out of all these guys, I really think Wade Barrett is the only one truly ready for a run. Rhodes is my current 'favorite' to watch, but he needs to develop more, and Ziggler more so. In my opinion, I don't even think Daniel Bryan was anywhere near ready for the title. Why give a mid-carder with no angle or storyline the champioship? He should have been pushed first as a Benoit type, tough as nails, technical wrestler then given a run. I think Barrett is ready because he has developed such a good heel personality that can only be enhanced by a good title fued with a top guy.... that isn't Orton. Hell, make it Daniel Bryan and they can both get each other over i their feud!

I'd say Ziggler easy, I still don't see him as having a good title reign when he barely held the World Championship on SD!

But if that doesn't count I guess i'd have to say Barrett easily. I still would want him to carry just one more mid card belt, but I'm sure he's going striaght for the big gold next.

Ziggler doesn't really qualify since he is a former world champion, but he gets my vote. If he doesn't get a quick reign after the Rumble, I think he'll win it sometime after Mania.

I think that Wade Barrett is the most ready of the bunch and I feel he is already a main eventer while everyone else on that list seems like mid-carders to me. With that said I think Ziggler is in the best position to win a title. He is already in a feud with the champ and I think its only a matter of time before he gets another run on top.

I do think it's worth saying I enjoy watching Truth the most. I seriously believe he's insane. The way he was able to take this gimmick and make it a face gimmick is awesome. I love the way he plays to the crowd as well. He's gold, but I don't think Vince will ever give him a run with the belt. I hope I'm wrong.

I voted for wade barrett. I really think this guy has "it". He has the look the mic work and the heat. I always knew he would be champion someday and he will but it would look legit if he were to beat d bryan for it. I wouldnt take it seriously as a legit reign. I would like to see him go over punk, cena, or orton. Guys like the miz is being taken serious for going over guys like this. So yeah barrett is ready. Rhodes is kind of falling imo. Ziggler can deliver but needs to do more promos so fans can really connect with why he deserves to be champion. R truth is on the right track and I give him a year.

I have to go with Wade Barrett. I don't think R-Truth will ever be a world champion. Cody still needs a great feud over the Intercontinental championship. The feud with Booker T was somewhat rushed, but pretty good at the same time. His mic skills have improved dramatically over the last year or so. His in-ring skills are top notch and as someone else said, my favorite guy to watch on Monday nights. Most important thing is, he can go out on any given night and you will think he's going to win regardless of the opponent. Would love to see someone like Cena or Triple H put him over at some point to legitamize him. Not there yet though. 2013 will be his year. I disqualify Dolph Ziggler. You may not WANT to count it but he is IN the record books as a former World Heavyweight Champion. Thats like saying Big Shows 45 second (really it was like a minute and a half) reign doesn't count. It counts. He'll have one by late this year if not sooner.

Back to Wade Barrett. He really has that "it" factor. He speaks well, he looks good, he's also believable, he's great in the ring and he has the one thing Dolph and Cody lack. The prototypical size that Vince loves so much. He will DEFINATELY have a World Championship this year. His latest program with Randy Orton proves it.

Ziggler, no matter how short, is already a Former Heavyweight Champion, so he does not count. CM Punk isnt dropping the title before Mania, so you can rule out an Raw guy. Rhodes is the IC Champion. Wade Barrett is the obvious choice and the way he is being pushed, could quite easily win the Smackdown Elimination Chamber and go on to defend the World Title against Rabdy Orton when he returns at Wrestlemania.

3.Cody Rhodes
1.Dolph Ziggler
2.Wade Barrett

these guys are favorite wrestlers right now and i would really like DZ to win the world title first but looks like wade barrett might win it first. i can maybe see barrett vs orton vs ??? (whoever the champ is) for the world title and i think barrett will win the world title at WM just wanted to add that.

Erm which part of "Ziggler is ALREADY a former champ" don't people get? WWE dropped the ball with it sure, but they did it and he has the title to his name...

Barrett is clearly the choice and with persistant rumors of Summerslam heading to Wembley then its likely we will see him as champ by then... He is ready now and arguably should have had it instead of Bryan... but on the outside if it doesn't happen for him I could see Drew McIntyre stunning people soon... They are clearly going somewhere with this "firing stuff" I could easily see a win the title or be fired scenario and Drew going over that way...

To be honest, Wade Barrett should've won the title already during the Nexus storyline. I really thought he could've been a credible champion if Cena screwed Orton and gave him the win since he was the leader of the most powerful stable at the time. They attacked big names over and over and main-evented SummerSlam, why not keep the push going instead of stopping it all together and feeding them to top babyfaces Cena and Orton?

Anyway, to get back on topic, I voted Dolph Ziggler. I hate him, I respect his in-ring ability (probably #9 on my list of good in-ring workers) but he has no charisma, no mic skills, and cannot draw a reaction unless Vickie says "Excuse Me" or he wrestles a top face. Regardless of my personal opinion, many people like him and unfortunately WWE creative is part of those people, thus he has a title match at Rumble and is regarded as a upper-card guy that they apparently feel is ready for the next level. Cody is stuck in Intercontinental land and SD is looking a little crowded with Henry, Show, Bryan, Orton, Sheamus, and potentially an injured Christian all having spots in the main event so I don't think they'll push Barrett into that scene before trying to push Ziggler there. Like I said though, I hope it's Wade because he should've been champ a long time ago, I just think they're goin with Dolph instead

Barrett easily, he had a solid feud with Cena in 2010 and a great feud with Orton last year which really put him on the map. I mean he's good on the stick, good story teller and a good in ring performer also. I can see him winning the title at WM.

Barrett, all the way . . . He's made great progress since his debut, and as mentioned earlier in the thread, the fact that SummerSlam is likely to be held at Wembley hits the nail on the head as far as i'm concerned. He's walking home with World Championship gold that night, that's for sure . . .

Ziggles is out due to being a world champ, I say Rhodes. He just got a rub from Booker T and now seems to be on his way from having an awesome feud with Goldust.

I would wager that Bryan's title is most up for grabs with Punk either defending his or the HORRIBLE promise Cena made to the Rock that he would hold the title for their match at Wrestlemania coming to fruition. This being said, I agree Barrett seems the likeliest candidate to be the first newcomer to a WWE World Heavywieght Championship reign (see how I combined both) this year.

I have to say though that Barrett, as much as I want to root for him being a fellow Englishman, doesnt strike me as main event material yet. His promos are boring, his delivery and content dull, his character fairly bland and his matches OK. I mean, what sort of personality has he? He is brash, cocky, self serving - sure, as are the vast majority of heels, and they do it better IMO.

Ziggler has all of these attributes and exudes confidence and charisma on the mic. His matches are stellar and he will prove to be one of the greats as time goes on. Sure he has already held the WWE 'officially', but he hasnt had a run; and its time he had one, again, IMO.

Cody Rhodes has shocked everyone and become one of WWE's most recognisable and intersting Superstars. His promos are unique, his delivery reeks of conviction and he has made the character his own. I mss the mask, and wonder if they removed it to make Kanes return more unique, but im just guessing here. His matches are great and he has only improved this last year. He is a few steps behind Ziggler, but not far. I hope this year proves to be an eventful one for the 'Dashing One' and a WWE Title reign in his future would be deserved, IMO.

And finally, theres a wrestler in WWE developmental, youve probably heard of him. He went by the name John Moxley on the independant scene and is phenomenal. That term gets thrown around a lot but this guy has everything it takes to become one of WWE'S top superstars and possibly a future HOF if used right. Anyway, he will be brought up to the roster this year if things go well, and I for one would love to see him sky rocket to the top. For those that see Im marking out now, just go watch the match he had with CM Punk in FCW last year and listen to him on the mic. He can talk, he can wrestle and he has IT. Big things this year for Dean Ambrose, IMO.

Ziggler is not quite there yet in terms of his mic work. I honestly think he needs to drop Vickie at this point. We need to know if this guy is the real deal and isn't just getting heat because of his manager.

Truth will remain an upper midcarder with his crazy gimmick but I can't see him getting a title run, especially with Raw's two top faces being who they are. And even Mysterio has more of a chance of getting another run once he's back.

That leaves Barrett and Rhodes. Both are almost there, in my book. They're both excellent mic workers. Rhodes is better in the ring but Barrett has made huge strides of improvement in that department as well. I would say Barrett will probably get there first while they continue to take the Rhodes push slowly, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it go the other way.

I believe Wade Barrett will be next to be a first time WHC. I think he will win it a Mania 28, in a 6 pack challenge, featuring Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Christian and Mark Henry.

Then, I think he will try to protect himself from the likes of Sheamus and Orton and Bryan by forming a group called The Barrage. Featuring WHC. Wade Barrett, Drew Mac, Mayson Ryan and Regal. It would be loosely based off Evolution, and would take over Friday nights on SD. This is what I think should happen in 2012.

Wade Barrett is a natural born leader who would make a great heel champion on SD and a great leader for stable like the one I described above. Just look at his work with the Nexus. He proved in that group that he belongs at the top. I think WWE dropped the ball on him for a while but now are finally putting him back where he belongs, which is at the top. I can see him becoming one of the greatest heels of all time and rivaling the Game, himself. He's got the look, the mic skills and is really good in the ring. He has what it takes to be one of the greats in this business.IMO.

as many others said i agree on it being wade barrett i wouldnt be surprised to see him win the big one by time wrestlemania 28 is over if he keeps down the same road he shouldnt count but he does which eliminates dolph ziggler from the running here imo and honestly r-truth? i doubt he will ever win the big one in wwe and cody has more devloping to do

Barrett does strike me as main event material. His promos are awesome, his delivery and content good, his character unique and his matches good. Wade barrett should be a future WHC he has it all.

Ziggler has been champ so he's out (I know you mentioned that). Barrett or Rhodes seem to be the only real options tbh. Barrett's more likely seeing as Rhodes is still Intercontinental Champion.

i'm going to make a couple bold predictions. Sure, i think barrett and ziggler will probably both get the belts at some point this year, but i'm going to go on a stretch and make some lesser known, not obvious predictions:

1.) Drew Macintyre- he is the chosen one, he's already held the IC and tag belts, sure he spent most of 2011 jobbing and MIA, but this is a new year, he's back on smackdown where he belongs, is getting more air time, and definitely within the span of 12 months he can turn his career around and get the heavyweight championship at some point.

2.) William Regal- If they give the heavyweight championship to someone as lame and boring as Daniel Bryan, then why not give it to a guy who is a legend and is about to retire? Work an angle with him and Bryan, let Regal hold the belt, even if it's only for a day or a few weeks, he deserves to add that to his resume.

3.) Sin Cara- once he comes back from injury, they are going to promote the hell out of this guy again, I could see him potentially winning a money in the bank, but honestly if he does get a belt this year, it will be the intercontinental belt probably, but once again, if they gave it to bryan, then i think sin cara is more deserving than bryan is. Only problem with sin cara, he doesnt talk...how can you have a champion that barely talks? Think he might need a manager....hey...turn ricardo rodrieguez face and have him manager / personal ring announce sin cara...excellent idea....ricardo does wrestle...have him break away from alberto, have them right once or twice, then ricardo turns face and goes with sin cara, then you can have sin cara and alberto fued...perfect.

4.) Jerry Lawler- The King, i believe, has the record of holding the most belts in the history of wrestling. Unfortunately, none of those were ever the WWF / WWE title. I know they gave him a title shot at a PPV last year with the Miz, but I think the King deserves the belt for a short period of time for all the hard work he has put in over the years.

Will any of these 4 get the belt? Probably not, but maybe, crazier things have happened. Just figured i'd make some bold predictions instead of saying the obvious like Barrett will be champion this year. Let me know your thoughts and if you have any other "darkhorses" possibly getting the title this year

Judging how they are being pushed. Barrett looks like he will be the first. They will probably all be world champs except R-Truth at one point or another by the end of 2012.

But winning the world title once or twice really isn't a big deal anymore. When you look back at this era of WWE wrestlers the guys that had at least 8-10 reigns as world champ at the end of their careers (Cena, Orton, Edge, Punk). They will be viewed as the elite ones. I think Dolph and Cody have a shot to be in that group.

I voted Wade Barrett. He seems like the next logical choice for heel champion to me. He's strong on the mic and pretty good ring skills. Plus, he gets a good reaction from the crowd. I'd love to see him as champion for a few months to see how it goes.

I think Brodus Clay will become champion before R-Truth. I highly doubt Truth will ever be given that top title.

I think realistically it could be everyone you mentioned outside of R-Truth. With Ziggler, Barrett and Rhodes them becoming World Champions is only a matter of time.

I think the next will be either Ziggler or Barrett. Ziggler is on more of a role than Wade Barrett but Barrett doesn't have the competition on Smackdown like Ziggler has. If Ziggler wins he has to overcome Cena, Punk and The Miz which will not work in his favor at all. Barrett at this point only has to overcome Henry and even though Henry has been good Barrett is better overall. Also considering Orton is on the sidelines and Bryan is holding the belt I think Barrett becoming champion soon is a real possibility.

So I think that both Ziggler and Barrett will be World Champs in 2012 with Rhodes becoming champ in 2013 as he is still in the mid card wrestling mid card guys whereas Ziggler and Barrett are wrestling Main Event guys these days. If I had to pick 1 over the other I would say Ziggler for the simple fact I can feel it happening and happening soon. After WM I think Ziggler is gonna be champ real quick. The same goes for Barrett but soon Show or Henry (probably Show will be champ) and Bryan will most likely be heel in the hunt which will push Barrett to the background a bit. Barrett will finish off with Orton when he comes back and probably win it right after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back