• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's In Your All-Star "Jam Band"?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Use however many people you want, and any instruments you want. Just be sure to include your reasons!!

SINGER - Sully Erna (of Godsmack)

Sully is my favorite singer of all-time. Not only did his voice sound great for the typical Godsmack songs, but he really shined when they played acoustically.

"SCREAMER" - Maria Brink (of In This Moment)

I really like her singing voice. But, her screams are what attracted me to the band, and she can hold a scream better than most men. With her feminine clean vocals contrasting to Sully's voice, there's some real opportunity for some greatness. Her screams would really set the tone, and add an interesting feel to a lot of songs.

LEAD GUITAR - Oli Herbert (of All That Remains)

You may not know All That Remains, but I can almost guarantee that you know their song Six. Oli is a wizard with a guitar, and can write some of the best solos to come out recently. He's not nearly as noticed as some bigger names, but with All That Remains' rising popularity, it's only a matter of time before people recognize what he can do.

RHYTHM GUITAR - Wayne Static (of Static-X)

Sure, he's a good singer, and could be the lead of any number of bands. But, I have two better singers already lined up, and he is more than capable of playing some great guitar lines. He'd also add to the line-up of great hair that I'm apparently working on, too.

BASS GUITAR - Johnny Christ (of Avenged Sevenfold)

OK, A7X may not be the most liked band in the world, but you can't deny true talent. This guy has played some great basslines over the years, and gets overlooked by the pretty boys in the front. If you need any further proof of his talent, just listen to Afterlife.

DRUMS/PERCUSSION - Joey Jordison (of Slipknot)

There's a number of great drummers out there today, but not many are better than this man. Most of them even list him as an idol. He's been great for a long time, and is a true metal drummer. He can play soft if the band needs him to, or he can pick it up and tear the house down.

KEYBOARD - Josh Silver (of Type O Negative)

Keyboard? In a metal/rock band? Yes. And, this would be the guy to do it. Better than anyone out there playing the instrument today. I considered Marta Peterson from Bleeding Through, but anything she's done pales in comparison to this man.

~The Gods~

Drums:
Gene Hoglan (Dark Angel, Death, Testament, Strapping Young Lad, Zimmer's Hole, Tenant, Meldrum and more) - This dude is one of the greatest metal drummers of all time, as well as one of my top favorite drummers of all time. He's played for alot of my favorite bands and is just a badass. He's the type of guy where when he comes to record something with your band, you don't tell him what to play, you let him play what he wants! A true drumming god!

Drums: Bill Ward (Black Sabbath) - Another great drummer from the legendary band, Black Sabbath. Another drumming god! One of my top favorite drummers.

Bass: Steve Digiorgio (Testament, Death, Iced Earth, Sadus and more) - Basically the same as Gene Hoglan. He doesn't really stay in one band for a long time, he's more like a session musician who floats around with alot of bands and is one of the greatest metal bassists of all time. Again, he's the type of guy where when he comes to record something with your band, you don't tell him what to play, you let him play what he wants! A true bass god!

Bass: Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath) - Another great bassist from the legendary band, Black Sabbath. One of my favorite bassists of all time and another bass god!

Guitar: Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath, Iommi, Cathedral) - One of my favorite guitarists ever from the legendary band, Black Sabbath. A true riff genius. Great versatile guitarist who is a true guitar god!

Guitar: Ritchie Blackmore (Rainbow, Blackmore's Night, Deep Purple) - Another one of my favorite guitarists from two legendary bands, Rainbow and Deep Purple. Another riff genius and a guitar god!

Vocals: Rob Halford (Judas Priest, Fight, Halford) - One of the best metal vocalists of all time, versatile and just a vocal god. He even has done vocals for Black Sabbath before. He filled in for two dates in 1992 and for two more dates in 2004. Did a fantastic job.

Vocals: Ronnie James Dio (Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio) - Another great metal vocalist and one of my favorite vocalists ever. From the three legendary bands; Black Sabbath, Rainbow and Dio. Another vocal god!

No need for further explanation for any of these guys. True gods in their respective fields and some of my favorite musicians ever!

Drums: Dave Murray (Sculptured, Tholus, Träun, Estradasphere)
His work on the latest SCULPTURED album (Embodiment) is nothing short of amazing. I have never heard anyone play the drums with such creativity as this guy, just some truly mind-blowing stuff to be heard on that disc.

Bass: John Myung (Dream Theater, Gordian Knot, Explorers Club, Platypus)
One of the best all-around bass players in music today. I was originally going to go with Alex Webster , who is also another bass genius. But no one compares to wide range of styles and skills that John Myung posseses.

Chapman Stick: Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel, Liquid Tension Experiment) This guy rips the Chapman Stick to shreds like no one else! What is a chapman stick you ask? Well, its a 12 string bass guitar. YUP, 12 strings!

Keyboards: Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater, Dixie Dregs, Liquid Tension Experiment)
Very much the greatest living key(s) player in the world today. He plays everything from traditional piano to synths, organs, continuum and everything else keyboard related. Just go to youtube and search up some of his solos!!

Acoustic Guitar: Joey Eppard (3, Math, Fire Duece)
Joey Eppard may not be the best guitarist around, but his style of playing the acoustic guitar is like no one else. Again, go to youtube and search up "Bramfatura". You'll see what I mean.

Electric Lead Guitar: John Petrucci (Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment)
Voted the best living Guitarist today by almost every guitar & music related magazine. Man can this guy ever shred!!

Rhythm Guitar: Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield)
A true musical mastermind when it comes to writing music. This guy would provide the much essential backbone to ANY jam band out there.

Vocals: Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth, Bloodbath, Sörskogen)
The best vocalist you'll ever hear. Not only can he growl like a beast, but he can seduce you with his amazing classic rock ballad style of clean singing. Combine the two and you have a force that simply just cant be stopped!

My all star jam, bad would consist of all guitarists and one pianist.

I would have Yngwe Malmstein play because I think he plays the most intricate solos of anyone else. He got famous without a band, without lyrics, and without air play.

Stevie Ray Vaughan. The 12 string master adds nothing but pure talent. His blues riffs are legendary and anyone can play an e chord rhythm and look like a pro with Stevie soloing.

Adam Jones - Jones is one of the most underrated guitarists of his time. Rolling Stone put him in the top 100, but I honestly think the guy is top 10. His riffs define the 90's. When grunge bands were playing three chords and hoping for the best, he was playing the amp and producing sounds that others weren't.

Hendrix - I will say nothing.

I would have Elton John play the piano. Fuck rhythm guitar. Elton can play all the rhythm they need, solo like a champ, and honestly, who, in the world, would throw a better party?

Well 'Fromthesouth'
its the rhythm guitar that writes
the music for every band out there
of every style. It is quite an essential
position in any band. Nothing else can be written
for traditional music without a basic basis
to start on.

A good thread idea which has been done before, this is an updated list of what I'd like my band to be.

Vocals: This is a hard choice. After looking through my playlist, I've decided on Ronnie Radke, former lead singer of Escape The Fate. I think he would be a great asset because he is a very versatile singer and can go from normal singing and transition into deadly screams very easily.

Lead Guitarist: Ray Toro. Lead guitarist and back up singer in My Chemical Romance. Same reasons as Frank, below, he's a great player and a great back up singer and is able to play some wicked stuff.

Rhythm Guitarist: After much thought, Frank Iero. He's not the best guitarist, but he is a good one. Don't know what else to say really, I just like him. He'd also be good with backing vocals.

Bass: I will change my choice here and say Max Green, the bassist in Escape the Fate. He would compliment Ronnie Radke's singing and screaming with his own screams and they worked well together in Escape the Fate but it's sad that this will never happen again because of the personal issues between them.

Drums: JJ Peters. Drummer for now defunct Australian band, I Killed the Prom Queen. He's a crazy drummer who can play some fast and crazy drums and is an awesome dummer live as well. He'd be a perfect fit in the band I would imagine. A fast, hardcore band.

Keyboards/Synthesiser: James Dewees. He would be great for back up vocals aswell. He is the brains behind the band Reggie and the Full Effect and has provided live keyboards for many bands on their tours and back up vocals aswell. In my opinion, one of the best keyboardists going around today.

Here's who I'd put in my line up:

Vocals- Morgan Lander from Kittie. She can both growl and sing, and both of them are fuckin' sick!

Drums-Dave Grohl. Say what you will, the man's an amazing drummer, and would do great in any style.

Bass-Stone Gossard from Pearl Jam. Just one of my faves, no reason outside of that.

Co-vocs- Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden. I think he and Morgan could work very well together. Plus it would lend a sense epic legendary status.

*****here's where it could get bizzarre*****

Tin Whistle- Andrea Corr. To be honest she'd only play the softer, mellow songs, as I think that could work.

Fiddle/Violin- Sharon Corr. Don't worry these are the only two Corrs in the line-up! She's simply the best out there right now.

Blues guitar- Johnny Lang. Adds raw gritty factor.

:xmen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back