Who Would You Rather see Taker face at WM?

Takers WM oppoenent.

• Sheamus

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
Ok So With Wrestlemania Looming and coming up soon. Creative have been discussing two possible opponents for taker to face at this years big show
One Being Sheamus and the other being John Cena. Two obvious and understandable opponents.

With rumors all circulating that this will indeed be takers last match. Who is better suit for this honor? Which match would be the bigger draw? Which one would you rather see and why? If you dont want to see ether and rather somebody else face taker, who and why?

Lets look at Sheamus. You could say hes been booked as the next unstoppable big guy that wwe is very high on. With big fueds with Cena, Orton and HHH already under his belt, the next logical choice to further cement him as a top dog would be a match with the undertaker at Wrestlemania. There both big and I think would put on a great match.

The other option is John Cena. This to me is the one id rather see because I think its really one of the only high profile matches wwe can do with taker before his leaves. Its also would provide a huge interest spike in the ppv if say Cena were a heel, and would be an instant draw. (the Champ vs the Streak, has a good ring to it dont it?) I think this is a match wwe should really capitalize on. They did meet before in 03 but they at a different level now. This is the match I'd personally rather see. Unless say taker takes a year off comes back for one more match at next years mania to face Cena or Sheamus just to say hes 20-0. If this did happen Id rather his opponent be Sheamus. Cena this year tho.

What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Would you rather somebody else?
Throw down your opinion.

John Cena
He deserves this honor. Sheamus does not. I understand people wanting Undertaker to go out to someone young but John Cena/Undertaker will match the build up and excitement from last years 'Mania. John Cena has done a lot for the business and probably will put on a better match then Sheamus could. John Cena is the first one there and the last one to leave, he is well respected around the locker room. The face of the WWE. The Streak vs the Unstoppable force. No one will be able to guess the outcome of this match. Could you see the Attitude Adjustment or the STF putting away Undertaker? Could you see The Tombstone putting away John Cena? This match everyones been dying to see and it will deliver. Hopefully the WWE listens to their fans for once.

John Cena and the race isn't even remotely, REMOTELY close.

WTF has Sheamus done to deserve a WrestleMania match with the Undertaker - potentially his last one if he were to ever have another serious injury? He's massively overrated. I'll admit that he's getting slightly better, but in my opinion, he still isn't at the level to even be a ONE time champ, let alone twice. Both times they had him as champ he won it in a fluke (and not even in the "heel cheated to win" method, but as in "they don't have the confidence in this guy to book him like the monster they claim him to be" way) and then was a weak champion. He's not the best in the ring, he's not the best on the mic, his character is really one-note and self-defeating when they try to pass him off as a huge threat who then runs away constantly and can only retain titles through DQs or gang attacks, and really...c'mon...even if you're a fan of the guy, you have to admit that he's not the type of person that'll be around for 10 years. And who is really going to want to pay to see the Undertaker clearly beat Sheamus in what won't be a stellar match?

John Cena on the other hand, brings lots of buzz to the match and a ton of potential. Is he the best worker in the ring? No. But at least Cena does know how to work a crowd better than Sheamus. And just think about the possibility of a heel turn. I know, I know, "but he sells merchandise!!!" However, we've been hearing rumblings for quite a while now that they're considering actually turning him heel because they have Randy Orton to fall back on as the top face (and now, Edge has seemingly turned face as well). Think about it. Cena gets booed often now, no matter who he is against. How much is that going to be magnified against the Undertaker...at WrestleMania? Then throw in how people are going to be worried that Cena may in fact BEAT the Undertaker because he's "the Superman of the WWE who never loses". THAT gets people talking. That gets people worried, anxious, CURIOUS. That gets people buying the ppv. That also gets even more people booing Cena. If Cena were to turn heel, they need to make it big, and they need to make him turn heel against someone who they know people will get behind. Taker's the perfect guy for that, and it works out so well. Cena challenges Taker. All during the build, Cena is booed. Cena is booed in the match. Cena loses. Frustrated, he lashes out. The next night on Raw, he officially turns heel, bitching about how everyone's been booing him for years now and he's sick of it. "I've done nothing to you people and you still boo me, so you know what, I'm done with it, fuck you all" in so many words. The idea of Cena/Taker not only boosts the buyrates but also gives you a WrestleMania moment that would be mentioned in the same breath (though not on par) with Hogan's heel turn.

And if for some reason it isn't Cena, then I'm hoping for damn near anyone else instead of Sheamus. I'd rather see Swagger/Taker, HHH/Taker per "HBK vengeance", or even DiBiase. Sheamus would be a waste. But I'm hoping Cena/Taker is the match we get, as that easily has the most potential and the most popularity amongst all the choices in the entire WWE.

I would like to see him fight Sheamus. For one I've always liked when two bigger guys are matched up. For two Sheamus needs a little help to get over as a heel and if they do the buildup right, it could make Sheamus the top heel in the company and the WWE needs a superstar heel right now. Now I don't think Sheamus will win because I think the Undertaker is gonna retire undefeated at Wrestlemania. I wouldn't mind seeing Cena face Undertaker so he could get his ass whooped but I think the Cena/Nexus will climax at WM with a match against Barrett.

With rumors all circulating that this will indeed be takers last match. Who is better suit for this honor? Which match would be the bigger draw? Which one would you rather see and why?

1) John Cena deserves it. He's never had the chance to end the streak and has been the face of the company for a long time.

2) Is this question serious? Which would be the bigger draw John Cena Vs Undertaker or Sheamus Vs Undertaker? It's obviously John Cena Vs Undertaker, two of the biggest superstars ever against eachother on the biggest stage of them all.

3) John Cena, like I said he deserves it and I think the promos going into the match would be great and the match itself would be pretty good, I would love to see the promos between the two.

triple H. perfect follow up after last 2 WM's with shawn. both bigger stars overall than john cena will ever be. and the revenge for shawn angle, could be a great build up.

I think the best option for this would be Jericho... Taker is physically at the point where he's really going to need to be looked after in the ring and a match with Y2J would allow that... Taker could also play the heel or face in the match on the night and help get Jericho over as a potential "franchise face"...

2nd option for me would be Barrett AND Cena in a handicap match... if the Nexus angle plays out THAT long, then I could see that being the night Cena turns and stops Barrett (who orders him to help him end Taker's streak...) Cena risking it all would be a great "mania" moment, especially when Vince returns to absolve him...

If Taker's going to go this year then Cena. My follow up would be, to make it 20-0, Kurt Angle. As Angle's only signed a 1 year deal with TNA, what more fitting way for The Undertaker to retire after going 20-0 against the best wrestler in the world. They had some amazing matches back in the day and could still steal the show to the same level Taker Vs HBK has!

It has to be Cena, doesn’t it?

Really, it comes down to who is going to make us want to watch that match and there is no other match that the WWE could put on at WrestleMania that would make us want to see the event more than John Cena vs. The Undertaker. The fact of the matter is that John Cena is the biggest thing in the WWE right now. You can say all you want to about how Randy Orton is getting more pops than Cena right now but at the end of the day, Cena is the biggest name that the WWE could put before the Undertaker.

More so than that, I am more than sure that both of the competitors would love to have this match. Let’s face it, the WE haven’t had a really big WrestleMania match that could come close to a Cena/Undertaker match in years. I would say that only Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 18 came close to being a star-studded match. Even then, we all knew that Hulk Hogan was past it and would be putting The Rock over in that match.

If The Undertaker is chosen to be John Cena’s opponent at WrestleMania next year, then I am pretty sure that the WWE will see it’s ratings go through the roof (in relation to what they have been recently). I mean, you only need to look at what the people in this thread having been saying about the possible match to get a small realisation that this match would be win-win for everyone.

Having Cena go over The Undertaker would take Cena’s career in a whole new direction. He probably would be the most hated man in pro-wrestling if he beats The Undertaker at WrestleMania and don’t think that this would be so far out of the question that it is not possible. Cena is known for upsetting the odds and getting an emotion from the crowd one way or another. I can actually imagine the faces of the crowd as Cena covers Taker for the pinfall. He would go from being, what many say, boring to being the most over talent in the WWE (if he isn’t already).

The match would probably go down in history as one of the most important in history and I am sure that both of the guys involved would be more than happy to take part in it. People would legitimately worry that the unbeaten streak of The Undertaker is in real jeopardy and that is the best thing that could possibly happen to the streak. Having people believe that the streak would be broken is enough to sell the PPV on its own.

It simply has to be Cena, for me.

i would love to see someone come back , like 1 more match with stone cold or the rock .. john cena deserves it but it wouldnt be interesting to see cuz undertaker will win and retire .. i would say a legend should come back for 1 last match .

It has to be the BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE DOES Chris Jericho. Im surprized these 2 have never faced at WM in the past, These 2 are Legends. Just Imingane "The Best In The World at What I do" Chris Jericho vs. "The Best at Wm" The Undertaker With the Streak on the line. These 2 have had good matches in the past at the could have a GREAT match at WM this match could be as good if not BETTER than Taker-HBK matches

In my own opinion I would like to see John Cena Face Taker at Mania.Because he's a bigger attraction than Shamus is.Besides if Mania is going to be Taker's last match. Then he needs to face someone who is really big with the fans.Cena may be in Nexus now, but he still is my choice.

The obvious choice would be Cena but I honestly don't think Sheamus even deserves it. Sheamus is a two-time WWE Champion & he NEVER gets a clean pin. When he won the WWE Championship & many of his retains are from interference by the Nexus. He NEVER got a clean pin during that entire reign. That's not the type of person you want to face the Undertaker.

John Cena is currently the biggest thing in the WWE even though he's the obvious choice for it, I think he would be the best. That would be one of match that everyone would want to watch, two of the biggest stars currently in the WWE going head-to-head at Wrestlemania. I think of Cena's big matches with Orton & Batista and how huge a WM feud with Cena/Taker would be. Unless a new superstar comes in WWE before WM and magically becomes a main-eventer, I don't think anyone really stands a chance at filling that position besides Cena or RKO and Cena would be better (since he's bigger than RKO atm).

I'm not even sure Sheamus vs Taker would be an interesting match. And why would that match deserve to be at WM?

The most intriguing thing WWE could do is have Taker fight John Cena. And have Cena play the heel. Not the "evil" kind of heel like an Edge or a Jericho, but a more complicated/interesting "you wanna hate me? okay, hate me! And I'll give you a reason too." THAT kind of heel. I seriously hope WWE has the balls to do this with Cena even if its only temporary.

Another interesting thing that they can do is Ted DiBiase Jr. w/The Million Dollar Man vs. Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer. Being that Taker debuted as a member of the Million Dollar Team, that would be pretty interesting. I don't know how much confidence WWE has on giving DiBiase Jr. such a high profile match, but it looks very good on paper. Maybe at a Survivor Series at the least.

With those two matches I'd love to see Taker go 20-0... hopefully he can remain healthy until then.

I've discussed this in other threads, but for me, it has to be John Cena. This could turn out to be Undertaker's final Wrestlemania, but even if it isn't, WWE needs to book this absolute monster of a match before Undertaker retires, causing this great opportunity to be missed and us fans eternally wondering "what if?".

The cool part is that it wouldn't really matter if Cena were heel or face, or if he were still involved in the Nexus. Either way, this match would be huge. And this would be one opponent for Undertaker in which I wouldn't want to bet either way and where Undertaker just might lose his undefeated streak. In that sense, it'd probably be the least predictable Undertaker Wrestlemania match in history and potentially the biggest. I do think that if Cena does end up turning heel and if Nexus are also involved, this match would be the most exciting. Face versus face would also work though.

Whether you like Cena or not, the bottom line is that he deserves this. Undertaker also deserves a huge opponent for Wrestlemania, rather than an up and coming opponent such as Sheamus, or someone he's faced before such as Triple H.

Chris Jericho would be my second choice....another man who really deserves such an opportunity, but they'd really have to build him up beforehand and have him win some huge matches against the likes of Orton and Cena.

At this stage in taker's streak, the only options for who will face him should be those that people will think have a genuine chance of beating him. There were points during both Taker's matches with Michaels where it genuinely looked as if the streak was over. Even the biggest smarts had to have had a little bit of a mark out moment at some point during both of those matches where they genuinely suspended disbelief and sat and got caught up in who would win.

Which brings us to his opponent this year. From general reports and conversations amongst the IWC etc. it seems the most likely/popular choices have been boiled down to four men. Kane, Jericho, Cena and Sheamus. So lets have a look at the credentials of each suitor, shall we? Each time keeping in mind the general idea for a taker WM match up at this stage in his career should be the possibility of him ACTUALLY LOSING.

1. Kane Well, the first thing that comes to mind here is that they've faced off at WM twice. Why go for a third time? Well....the one positive that they have if they were to go this route is that it would have a decent and long build up. Ten months if you were to go back to the initial "vegetative state" announcement Kane delivered. And, if done correctly from a creative point of view, would be a big draw. However, it doesn't really make sense that if they were to go with this idea for WM, that they would be doing what they are now, with a supposed Buried Alive match set for Bragging Rights if the Arenas website is to be believed. Also, going back to the idea that a Taker WM match can only really succeed if people honestly thought he might lose, this just wouldn;t work, because if Taker was to lose the streak, it wouldn't be to Kane.

2. Chris Jericho Now. There's a reason this is the IWC's choice. Because it would be the best wrestling match out of all the options. It's made for us, two great workers, two great in ring story tellers and two guys that would deliver a tremendous feud as a build up. However...again, it's just not believable that they would give the ending of the streak to Jericho, because he has nothing to gain from it. Ten years ago, had the streak been as big a deal and they were pushing Jericho as the future (first undisputed champion, debuting opposite The Rock etc.) then yeah, I could have seen it happen. However, it's not ten years ago. It's not going to be Jericho. AND having Jericho free for another feud in this "changing of the guard" era in WWE would serve a much greater purpose, as he has already shown that he has no problem putting the younger guys over. And a WM win for the likes of Bryan Danielson, Kaval, Wade Barrett or whoever would make more sense. So thats a line through Jericho.

3. Sheamus As main site reports seem to be suggesting lately, it is probably going to be Cena or Sheamus to go on to face Taker at WM. Now, again, to repeat myself and say that it is imperative that we go into mania honestly believing that his opponent must have a viable reason and chance for beating him, then the way Sheamus is booked must change drastically over the next several months. He needs big time clean wins over top face talent in order to do this, a la Triple H between 99-02. We need to believe that he can go into WM and beat Taker and if Mania was next week, then that just isn't the case. Takers match at mania is, whether you want to admit it or not, bigger than a world title match at mania. And if Sheamus is to go on to mania to fight taker, something drastic has to change. I like Sheamus and he is the next Triple H type heel. It's just not his time yet.

4. Cena My choice. If this is the way they are going to go, which I believe it is, then we have that one thing that makes a Taker mania match work. The possibility that Taker might not win. Whether you are a 12 year old Cena lover, or a 20 year old Cena hater, you would go into this knowing that the way Cena is used and his character lends itself to the huge possibility that he COULD end the streak. If they wanted to make him a HUGE heel, then this is the most obvious way of going about it. Now, I should say here that I don't see it happening, Taker losing that is, but that is irrelevent. The idea is going into ths match, that either man can win. It is for this reason and this reason alone that I believe the most logical opponent be Cena.

I would go out on a limb and say
KANE
it would only make sense if this is his last year
1.)Sheamus is not near the level taker is at
2.)I cant see Cena going heel this soon and still go for taker in time for wrestlemania
3.)Kane just seems like a probable choice

too bad Kurt Angle isnt still in wwe their matches were epic

I'd hope it's John Cena. Considering he is the top babyface in the company and the biggest star, period, it'd be nice to see him show some of the younger guys in the locker room that doing the right thing is the way to go about it. This, would obviously mean that he loses the match.

However, Sheamus could also lead by example, considering he is one of the younger guys, and him doing the job might make the event have a better feel, overall. Some fans might actually want Cena to win.

However, I doubt it. I actually think that most fans would know this is Takers final match, most likely, and would hate the idea of Cena beating Taker in his last match and at WrestleMania.

Undertaker vs John Cena, hands down. No question about it.

When most main event rivalries have been exploited it is amazing to think this rivalry has never really kicked into gear. The likelihood is that somewhere down the line this will be used as a Mania programme as it would be a waste to use it anywhere else. There is a good chance that if the feud was lengthy then Cena would draw wins over The Undertaker and vice versa. However it this programme ended at a Wrestlemania then surely there would only be one end result and that would be The Undertaker burying Cena. Or maybe Vince will favor John Cena over The Undertaker? That's what makes this feud is so interesting.

From Vince McMahon’s perspective, the money that this programme would make would be extraordinary. It is simply amazing it has not been used yet. These are the two main franchise players in the WWE and it can surely only be a matter of time before WWE management taps into this. As much as people hate John Cena, he is the face of WWE. Undertaker vs Cena feud means money, money, money, and lots of money.

For a start, I think we can all agree WM 25 would easily make it to any top 5 worst Wrestlemania ever. And without two particular oldest guys in the roster at that time, WM 25 topped WM 9 as the worst Wrestlemania ever. Approximately 960,000 people ordered WrestleMania XXV. This amount was less than the 1,058,000 buys that WrestleMania XXIV achieved.

And WM XXVI didn't do that good. A so-so quality Wrestlemania with Vince vs Bret coming out as the worst match at Wrestlemania ever since Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg at WM XX. Approximately 885,000 people ordered the event. This figure is down from WrestleMania XXV's figure of 960,000 buys.

If WWE keeps growing no balls and avoid booking Undertaker vs John Cena next year, and book cheesy match like Undertaker vs Sheamus or Cena vs Triple H for the trillionth time or Cena vs Edge for the millionth time or Cena vs Orton for the billionth time, don't be surprised if the buyrate falls to lower than 750,000. And after The Undertaker retires, I won't be surprised if the buyrate fall even further to no less than 500,000 or even lower.

Vince once believed no matter what, millions of people will still buy Wrestlemania. Tell u what, Vince? It's not even a million anymore. Maybe u should stop believing your fans are dumb because we aren't, you moron.

draw more than 93,173 attendance? IMO, it's only Taker vs Cena at WM 27 if Taker can defeat HBK and Cena can defeat Batista this year. Being held in Georgia Dome with Cena (as we knew it) booked as an irresistible force ever since his run as an icon against Taker who is booked as an immovable object at Wrestlemania for nearly 2 decades in the second largest domed structure in this world?

The attention this match could garner is unimaginable, and the hype would be out of this planet. WWE would be an idiot to avoid booking this match again if Taker goes 18-0 and Cena defeats Batista this year. Let's face it, no other matches come close. Not Taker vs Sheamus or Taker vs Jericho. And of course not another Cena vs Orton or Cena vs HHH for the millionth time. Even IWC virgins & WWE No Balls Board Directors have to admit Cena is the biggest draw and threat for The Streak, more so than Jericho, Punk, Sheamus, or Ted DiBiase Jr all combined.

The Undertaker vs John Cena at Wrestlemania XXVII IS the match that needs to happen in order to capitalize this era, regardless who wins. Taker vs Triple H CANNOT capitalize this era, but Taker vs Cena CAN. Sure, there are big man wrestlers type mid-carders (i.e: Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, Ezekiel Jackson, and Vance Archer) in WWE currently. But let's face it, The Undertaker could never carry giants into a legendary match at Wrestlemania. Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, Big Boss Man, Big Show, A-Train, and Mark Henry proved that.

Sure, Masked Kane, Diesel, Sid, and Batista proved otherwise. But look at the record, 4 out of 10 giants? Less than half right? Why would throw another 50:50 chance with a no name? You want to witness another bad match for The Streak after five failures?

What is the reason WWE doesn't want to book Taker vs Cena at WM? "Because we don't want Cena to receive a heel reaction".

OMG, he has been receiving a heel reaction against anyone he faced for four years. WWE Board Directors must have been living under a rock. Cena has been getting booed for many years now, ever since the classic One Night stand against RVD. He got booed against a heel Orton, booed against a heel Edge booed against many people. The simple fact is people do not like his superhero gimmick

So yes, a match against Undertaker can not hurt his rep any more then it currently is. also Cena being booked would actually have people on edge because people know the WWE might book him to win. more surprising then Henry vs Taker anyway

If Undertaker can hang around for one more year, it is highly possible the match will happen. who else is their to face? Sure, Jericho is a good choice, but he has faced Taker at least five times on the last four months. Who wants to see Taker going against someone he defeats on daily basis?

Believe me, Undertaker vs Sheamus or Undertaker vs Goldberg (which won't happen) alone can never draw even half of 93,173 attendance. But with Undertaker vs Cena next year, it's a different story. Atalanta was WCW's base, and since this year's crowd was a funeral one WWE would be killed without booking the match of a lifetime.

Besides, Taker vs HHH won't be able to top their match at WM 17. I noticed Taker vs HHH at WM X-7 was a classic cause it was during the swansong of The Attitude Era, so the match was brutal (much like a street fight than a normal match) which saw both men brawling throughout the arena using weapons. The match turned out great because both men were brawlers and Attitude Era, whether you like it or not, bring the best out of the brawlers like Stone Cold, Triple H, and Undertaker.

Now, in PG, everything has been watered down. They couldn't use weapons anymore, they couldn't brawl inside the crowd anymore. Undertaker is injured as we knew it. HHH isn't a technical masterpiece so the match wouldn't be a technical classic like Edge vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXIV. And not taking anything from him, but Hunter is nowhere near Shawn Michaels or Undertaker in terms of in ring psychology. So, if the match happens it will surely not touch Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXV & XXVI which witnessed the crowds greatly contributed to the match. Long story short, Undertaker vs Triple H at WM X-7 was the best the two could provide when they were paired. Their latter matches together in King Of The Ring 2002, Insurextion 2002, Smackdown!, and Elimination Chamber didn't even come close to their Wrestlemania X-7 performance.

That's why I can't understand why people fancy this possible match-up. And the way I see it, this possible rematch, career vs streak or not, is futile. Not to mention HHH can't possibly give new name or new credibility for The Streak. His name is already written on it. New face like John Cena is more welcomed and would give fresher match for The Streak next year.

They had a match back at Vengeance which occurred in July 2003, back when Cena had only completed one year in the WWE and was still a mid-card heel in the white rapper gimmick, Cena has come a long way in those 6 years and I believe the WWE has purposely kept Cena and Undertaker apart from each other to save them for a huge main event which only seems Wrestlemania worthy in my opinion. Cena has been a Raw fixture the last 4 years with the Undertaker serving on Smackdown ever since late 2002, however they rarely have come into contact at any joint function involving the rosters. They got a little brawl at RAW's family reunion in 2006 and Taker owned Cena last monday, leading many fans to believe these two would square off at the grandest stage of them all next year.

By putting Cena vs Taker at Wrestlemania, WWE can hype the match like Andre vs Hogan at WM 3, with the high possibility of the face of WWE ending The Unbeaten Streak of a legendary giant. The icon versus the legend. The unstoppable force versus the immobile object. The Champ versus The Deadman. Believe me, just by announcing this match WWE would get all the attentions from both younger and older generation fans. Just by hype only, WWE would make millions, let alone if something 'controversial' in the match (ending The Streak, I mean). Vince is a good businessman, he knows if he really makes Taker vs Cena at WM official he would make millions of money and gains tons of attention. Just by the announcement and hype only, WWE would have gotten billions of attention from around the world. That attention is what will make the match legendary, not the quality itself (just like Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania 3).

Either way, we still don't know if the match will really happen at Wrestlemania 27 or not, but believe me. No disrespect to other great athletes in WWE, but the very second WWE officially announce the match, that very moment, this match has already taken at least 80% of the hype, attention, hope, anxiety, and promo from the rest of the cards. And hell yeah, Taker vs Cena at Wrestlemania is Andre vs Hogan in our time. The decision lies in WWE whether to grow some balls or enjoy another plummeting buyrate. In all honesty, with Christian and Jericho stating that they won't feature at Wrestlemania 27, Undertaker vs John Cena is the only saving grace for Wrestlemania 27 so it doesn't suffer from 100 PPV buys and top Wrestlemania 9 as the worst Wrestlemania ever.

I'd love to see Taker vs a heel Cena. I'd greatly prefer that over Sheamus. Sheamus is great and I'm a fan of his but Cena is the bigger draw and more deserving.

With that said, Jericho vs Taker would probably be an even better match. I can picture Jericho coming back from his injury more focused than ever, claiming the WHC and having Taker win the Rumble to challenge him for it. Can you imagine at WM, two of the greatest in-ring performers and promo cutters in the history of the business going at it for the WHC in Takers last match for the title? Even make it a last man standing match. Oh the possibilities.

Other possibilities: Austin or Goldberg. Though Austin would probably ruin it because he'd be crap in the ring now, I wouldn't be all that shocked if Goldberg was still pretty good in the ring. He's always said he wanted 1 last match and this could be it. As for Austin, he recently said not to rule out one more time in the ring so why not? The build-up would be massive.

So Cena or Jericho with an outside chance of Goldberg or Austin. Bottom line: we'll go home happy. It's Takers last match for petes sake.

I said other on the poll but in truth I'm torn between sheamus and ???, don't know who. The reason I would not opt to see john cena against taker is

1)The match would be terrible because of Taker's ever-steadily decreasing in-ring ability mainly due to his knees and because Cena would be in it.

2) If it resulted in taker's retirement to me it would feel completely hollow given he beat hbk in consecutive wrestlemania's, HHH, kane twice and many others naturally. To me it would feel like if HBK retired after being beaten by santino, an unjust end.

However, if cena managed to be heel at the time, and taker's career wasn't going to end then depending on how well they created the storyline, well it would be the biggest match for years because these in terms of bookings are WWE's top two guys and you wouldn't be able to pick the winner (unless you believe as many do that taker retaining his streak until he retires would edge it).

I wanted it to be kane for a while BUT, similar to the taker michaels match it is kindof dissapointing to see two guys face each other when you know that one is going to be retired and the other will almost certainly go within the next 2 or so years anyway.

This thinking leads me back to sheamus, a lot of people really don't like this idea because he's young and many say he doesn't deserve it yet. Well look at it this way, the same way jericho beating austin and the rock on one night to be first undisputed champ worked out, it would set sheamus up for the rest of his career. A guy who has exciting potential enough that I know him as HHH mark 2. If with every single career you have to build it up until the point where somebody 'deserves' to beat a legend then those matches would only evetr happen at the end of a wrestlers career and thus become very predictable. Every so often you have to take a chance on a guy who think will leave a mark and be known as "THE NEXT......", sheamus may well be that guy because he has his whole career ahead of him and honestly if nobody had of pushed austin at KOTF 96 or the rock to be the breakout star of the nation well, what would be our landscape now, considerably less fertile.....

I'd say Wade Barrett, ever since The Nexus became a major force in WWE a few months ago I was hoping it'd be him to get the rub at Wrestlemania.

Unless Cena turns into a mega-heel to go against Taker, I don't see why he'd need a match with Taker at WM.

Seems that with the angle at Bragging Rights they could be setting up a reason for Barrett/Taker this year. I hope that is where this is leading...

2nd option for me would be Barrett AND Cena in a handicap match... if the Nexus angle plays out THAT long, then I could see that being the night Cena turns and stops Barrett (who orders him to help him end Taker's streak...) Cena risking it all would be a great "mania" moment, especially when Vince returns to absolve him...

It may be far fetched, but that is a very good idea. I like it! Though Vince absolving the "Firing" would have to see a change of his Character prior to WM, IMO!

Cena, out of the current roster, is probably the right choice.

I'm not a mark or a hater for Cena, but I appreciate his commitment & effort in the ring, and I do like his Mic Skills, especially the odd spot of sarcasm ;)

I'll finish this by pointing out that if the Undertaker were to lose his Streak (and what will likely be his final WM) i'd be annoyed. Why have a Streak for that long just to end it on his final WM? Let 'Taker go out with the Streak, a feat that probably won't be achieved by anyone else . . .

I would rather see Undertaker face Cena. That is a dream match for me. Whether Cena is face or heel, a great buildup could be made for Cena to try ending the streak. With Sheamus, it would just be another rerun from previous years. "Random heel tries to end Taker's streak". I like Sheamus, but that's all it would be unless through some gargantuan miracle Sheamus won, then he'd be solidified as a heel for life. I hope we get Cena VS Taker honestly because it's a dream match and EVERYONE would be interested in seeing what happens. Who else on the roster has a more believable chance at ending the streak than Cena? Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back