Who Would Be in Your TNA Main Event Scene?

MachoMadness1988

HISTORY BECKONS THE MACHO MAN!
What current TNA wrestlers would be in your main event scene that you would build all the top fueds over? You can only pick 7 people. You also can only use CURRENT TNA stars.

Mine would be: AJ Styles, Mr. Anderson, Desmond Wolfe, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, RVD, and Samoa Joe.

I really think they could make some money fueds with those 7 guys over the course of a year or two. Those guys would make an amazing TNA WHC scene. I really think you can pit any one of those guys against eachother and they could give you a really cool fued and some awsome and memorable championship bouts.

I would have AJ, Anderson, Angle, Hardy(would not give him the belt til legal problems are done and I don't mean the Fat one), RVD, Pope, Lethal.

I wouldn't put Joe in there yet. He needs to be redone as a monster again then throw him in there.

I am putting Lethal in there due to his ring work and mic work with Ric Flair if he can keep that edge to it he could definitely be in the main scene.

Now the whole problem would be making plausible story lines that work and not the jumble bumble mess we have right now.

Joe just needs to get on a treadmill. And just to prove i'm not ripping on tna, husy harris needs to invest in one as well. for totally different reasons, both guys could be major players but it is difficult to take them seriously when they look just so damn fat. dusty got away with it for years. he was the lucky one.

AJ, Lethal, Matt Morgan, Pope, Wolfe (if they can get him in good health), Angle and Kazarian.

I'd say AJ, Joe, Morgan, Angle, Wolfe, (my wildcard) Beer Money member or MCMG member. For the last two i'm not implying that they split those two great teams up, just push one in the ME scene and one in the mid card one *i.e. Sabin in ME, Shelley in X division or something*

Seven People

#1 Jeff Hardy- Even though I'm not a big fan of his and with his drug issues, he is a big piece of TNA and definitely a guy to have.

#2 Rob Van Dam- Another draw and it would be wrong to leave him out at this point.

#3 Mr. Anderson- Your most over babyface. Hard not to have him.

#4 AJ Styles- Mr. TNA, nuff said.

#5 Kazarian- Has the look and the skill.

#6 Robert Roode- Has a great look, terrific on the mic and can go in the ring.

#7 Doug Williams- A personal choice of mine. He can talk. He can wrestle. He can do it all. An outside chance; but I'm hoping for a TNA title reign, just one. I know Williams is getting up there but his time is not up because of how he can still go. Watch his anti-X Division promos and he was pure gold. I think he's better as a heel but I mark for him either way

#1 A.J. Styles- Do I need to explain why.

#2 Jeff Hardy- Top heel right now plus he can still put on a good match.

#3 Kurt Angle- Best at what he does. Hell he could probably still put on a good match at 60.

#4 RVD- Still has name recongition and hugely over with the fans.

#5 Mr. Anderson- Way ove with the crowd. Good not great skills but his mike work makes up for it.

#6 Pope- He has all the tools to make it as a big time guy. Look Charasima skills.

#7 Matt Morgan- He is a physical beast. His mike skills have gotten so much better since he left Fortune. For a big man he can wrestle a damn good match.

1. AJ Styles - The Phenomenal One should be pushed as strong as John Cena. He should eb the blue chipper good guy and have him show off all his moves and beat all the top stars TNA has right now to solidify his standing not just in TNA but in pro-wrestling. If TNA had a home grown guy on the same level as John Cena than people will take TNA seriously.. which moves me onto my next guy..

2. Samoa Joe - when this guy was booked well he defeated Kurt Angle who was coming off a clean victory over the Undertaker, and breaking Randy Orton's ankle. Samoa Joe then took him out in their second match. Joe was a beast who dominated the company, and no one could get a win on him, now things have changed but it can still be turned around with a few simple wins over the top talent.

3. Kurt Angle - speaking of top talent Angle is the best TNA has as far as legitamacy and their booking has always kept him strong. He is still a great title contender and is also moving into the Sting phase of his career where just facing him and almost beating him is like a world title win.

4. Jeff Hardy - he is the top star in WWE in 2009. and TNA picked him up. They have continued his strong booking even as a heel with only two losses in swerves to Anderson and Sting... he remains strong and the fans know who he is and has a huge following

5. Rob Van Dam - His first run was almost invicable he defeated Sting in three sceonds and then went on a title reign that could only be ended by being turned into shredded beef by Abyss... since his return he has been putting guys over more than he should be at this stage.. he should have been feuding with Hardy ever since he defeated Abyss after BFG, push him back inot the spotlight and use as much of his name recog as possible.

6. Desmond Wolfe - the Jason Statham, cool, bad ass characer that took Angle's head off when he first arrived is over. The fans love this guy and he needs to be in the main event. He is probably the best talent TNA have right now... he can talk, he can make you hate him, make you laugh out loud, he is charming and yet diabolical, a true three dimensional character and of course he can wrestle the house down. Wolfe as a Champion is a no brainer. He even has the size at 6'2-6'3.

7. The Pope - Another guy that has it all, yes he's a bit of a Rock clone but hey, TNA needs a stand out all round guy with a tonne of charisma and he's defienately the man. He has a good moveset and has enough wins under his belt to really be near the top.

Guys you can move in and out to take on top conenders while these guys are feuding... Abyss, James Storm, Robert Roode, Matt Morgan, Hernandez or if you need a big name Steiner or the Stinger...

Guys who should not be near the title scene - Matt Hardy, Mr Anderson, Rob Terry, Crimson, Bully Ray, Jeff Jarrett, Mick Foley, or Tommy Dreamer

Guys who should not be near the title scene - Matt Hardy, Mr Anderson, Rob Terry, Crimson, Bully Ray, Jeff Jarrett, Mick Foley, or Tommy Dreamer

I have no problem with your list with the exception of Mr. Anderson. Why would you not want near the title or in the main event he has the look the mic skill has good matches and the crowd loves him.

I hope it has nothing to due with the injuries as he really hasn't had one since joining TNA except for the concussion but that was due to Jeff Hardy.

He has not had the need to take long time off due to an injury since his wwe days and has not hurt anyone in TNA that we know of.

He is one of the reasons that i continue to watch TNA. He can talk with the best of them in either Fed.

MAIN EVENT
A.J. Styles
Jeff Hardy
Kurt Angle
Mr. Anderson
Rob Van Dam
Samoa Joe
Sting

NEXT IN LINE
Desmond Wolfe
Hernandez
James Storm
Kazarian
Matt Morgan
Robert Roode
The Pope

I would go with:
AJ - he's the posterboy
Anderson - he's there "potential stonecold"
Angle - still TNA's one true legend who isn't over-the-hill
RVD - I'm an ECW mark, what can I say??
Joe - I agree they should re-build the "Goldberg-Joe"
Shelly or Sabin- take your pick(but don't break-up the team)
Storm or Roode- same as MCMG(and I wouldn't count out Storm- I know Roode has "it", but Storm is also over, entertaining, and strong in the ring)

I didn't include Jeff Hardy, because I would rather see him and Matt transition to the tag division. I would like to see prolonged fueds between them and GenMe as well as Ink Ink, that include an array of TNA-staple gimmick matches. This would keep the tag division strong and involved despite Beer Money and MCMG not being weekly tag competitors due to solo pushes.

I'd like to see guys like Pope, Williams, the "leftover" Machine Gun(I think they're both amazing singles wrestlers), Daniels(Suicide), Kazarian, etc. focus on returning full credibilty to the X-division.

I'd like to see Sting in more of a part time wrestling type of role that keeps him generally away from the title picture, along side the other past their prime greats like Flair, Hogan, Jarrett, Dreamer, Foley, Steiner, etc... Sting and Jarrett can both still go, but their world title days should be in the past.

This scenario would also indefinitely remove Morgan from the world title picture. I think his mic work(while effective at telling the story) is boring, and he still needs to improve in the ring.

MY TNA Main Event Roster
1. AJ Styles
2. Robert Roode
3. Crimson
4. Suicide
5. Murphy
6. Samoa Joe ( the 1 before Bischoff & Hogan came to TNA )
7. Gunner

I have no problem with your list with the exception of Mr. Anderson. Why would you not want near the title or in the main event he has the look the mic skill has good matches and the crowd loves him.

I hope it has nothing to due with the injuries as he really hasn't had one since joining TNA except for the concussion but that was due to Jeff Hardy.

He has not had the need to take long time off due to an injury since his wwe days and has not hurt anyone in TNA that we know of.

He is one of the reasons that i continue to watch TNA. He can talk with the best of them in either Fed.

I don't want to move this too much off the topic and want to keep it at what was asked by the OP, but I'll answer your question.

I don't see anything at all appealing about Ken Anderson. I think he looks like a shorter and huskier version of Bob Holly. He has no redeeming in ring moves, he still has his awful WWE in-ring style, his finisher is unoriginal, his whole microphone gimmick is stale, and very non suiting to a face wrestler. His Stone Cold rip off stuff is cringeworthy at best and his mic skills are basically saying asshole five times. Which is awesome as a third grader getting a laugh from his class mates because he was brave enough to say the word fart.

So I politely disagree with you, he doesn't have the look, ring or mic skills to be Champion.

Look at someone like Robert Roode. This man has a better in ring preseence, on the mic is pretty undereated and lately has been spectacular, with James Storm, the Beer Money gimmick is mega-over and as evident in his matches with the Guns he is great in the ring... and yet because Anderson is from the WWE people seem to have blinders on him compared to the great originals TNA have.

Robert Roode smokes anything Ken Anderson is and yet he isn't near the title scene ... think about it. No thanks, Anderson is just another WWE guy going over the awesome TNA original roster and it very disappointing. He is not Championship material.

Could you please explain why you chose to include Gunner and Murphy??

Sure:
1.They are on the TNA Roster.
2. The question on this thread wasn't restricted to certain names.
3. These guys look like heavy players with the right push and gimmick ( they don't look right as a tag team but I can picture them as individuals.
4. Gunner is 6'2 247 lbs
5. Murphy is 6'7 272 lbs
6. They are fresh faces that haven't gotten a chance.
7. It would show that TNA can develop their own Main Event without using old WWE guys.

1. AJ Styles- He is just that good. Mr TNA, Styles can have a classic match with anyone. TNA's most valuable commodity

2. Kurt Angle- Easily the best wrestler in the world today. Great performer, he has the name value, the ability and still has the desire. Angle can wrestle anyone and put on a great show.

3. Jeff Hardy- he also has the name value, the fan base, and I am enjoying his work in his new "Anti-Christ" persona. He needs to stay clean though

4. Mr Anderson- A rising star, TNA have the opportunity to do something with Anderson and make him a legitimate main eventer. I would have him heel though, his arrogant character is so much better as a bad guy.

5. Robert Roode- TNA's next big star. Roode has the look. the mic skills, the in-ring skills and all the tools needed to make it in the main event scene

6. Matt Morgan- He has so much potential, a physical monster, a 7-foot giant with an awesome look. TNA need to focus on getting Morgan ready for a title run

7. Rob Van Dam- A personal favourite of mine, RVD is still a legitimate star with the name value to help TNA.

Others I would consider are Desmond Wolfe, The Pope, Samoa Joe and I would try and keep Sting for another year, he is still a guy who puts the asses in the seats.

1. AJ Styles
2. Christopher Daniels
3. Samoa Joe
4. Desmond Wolfe
5. Kurt Angle
6. Alex Shelley
7. Chris Sabin

1) AJ Styles - IMO, he's the best wrestler in the World.

2) Mr Anderson - I think everyone knows Anderson is better suited to being a heel, so it's testament to the guy that he's as popular as he is.

3) Matt Morgan - I've always been a fan of this guy. Being billed as 'the Blueprint of a professional wrestler' is not just a moniker. The guy looks like a dominant bloke. And what's usually rare in the big guys, Morgan has great mic and ring skills.

4) Rob Van Dam - All time favourite of mine. Besides that, he's got a big following and can still pull off all his moves when required. He always makes his opponent look brutal with his selling aswell.

5) Kurt Angle - Could make me look like a good wrestler.

6) The Pope - Pope has slowed down a little but he's still a great character. Desmond Wolfe takes this spot when he returns though.

7) Jeff Hardy - He's been real interesting lately, but he's low down on the list because I would rather see The Hardy's reunite, than see Jeff going after the World Title. I want to see The Hardy's vs Generation Me and The Hardy's vs Motor City Machine Guns. If Crimson can fulfill his early promise, he gets this spot.

I don't want to move this too much off the topic and want to keep it at what was asked by the OP, but I'll answer your question.

I don't see anything at all appealing about Ken Anderson. I think he looks like a shorter and huskier version of Bob Holly. He has no redeeming in ring moves, he still has his awful WWE in-ring style, his finisher is unoriginal, his whole microphone gimmick is stale, and very non suiting to a face wrestler. His Stone Cold rip off stuff is cringeworthy at best and his mic skills are basically saying asshole five times. Which is awesome as a third grader getting a laugh from his class mates because he was brave enough to say the word fart.

So I politely disagree with you, he doesn't have the look, ring or mic skills to be Champion.

Look at someone like Robert Roode. This man has a better in ring preseence, on the mic is pretty undereated and lately has been spectacular, with James Storm, the Beer Money gimmick is mega-over and as evident in his matches with the Guns he is great in the ring... and yet because Anderson is from the WWE people seem to have blinders on him compared to the great originals TNA have.

Robert Roode smokes anything Ken Anderson is and yet he isn't near the title scene ... think about it. No thanks, Anderson is just another WWE guy going over the awesome TNA original roster and it very disappointing. He is not Championship material.

That is why we have threads to post our opinion. It is quite alright with me. I just find him more entertaining at the moment than most of the people on the roster and just wish he would be heel instead.

Sure:
1.They are on the TNA Roster.
2. The question on this thread wasn't restricted to certain names.
3. These guys look like heavy players with the right push and gimmick ( they don't look right as a tag team but I can picture them as individuals.
4. Gunner is 6'2 247 lbs
5. Murphy is 6'7 272 lbs
6. They are fresh faces that haven't gotten a chance.
7. It would show that TNA can develop their own Main Event without using old WWE guys.

1. Well spotted, Gunner and Murphy ARE on the TNA roster. Have a cookie

2. Correct again, you are on a roll

3. I think they look perfectly fine as a tag team. Just because they do not look alike, are not brothers and do not have a huge array of double team moves doesnt mean they do not look like a team. I think they look pretty good as a duo, and certainly fit the role of enforcers well.

4 & 5. Since when does height and weight mean they should be in the main event. It may give them an advantage in the future when they have some name value but right now it means shit. Do you also think Rob Terry, Great Khali and Abyss should be headliners too just because they are pretty big?

6. They have gotten a chance. They are brand new to the company and are acting as enforcers for the premier faction in the company. They have only just signed full-time contracts with TNA, are gaining experience and are getting a lot of TV time. They have been given a much bigger chance than the vast majority of talent in TNA and WWE get when they first join the roster.

7. I do agree with this one. Gunner and Murphy becoming a success would be two home-grown successes for TNA. I hope they do go on to do well in the company, I just think they are well away from main event level now, and to suggest that they should be taking a main event spot ahead of others is ludicrous right now. They are nowhere near ready.

This is a reeal good thread.But i think it should be 8 instead of 7.But Rule$ R like bOnes,
they R meant 2 be broken so i will give u 8///

1.A.J styles-He is most likely the face of the company now. #1 in the PWI500.That say's it all. If he is the top wrestler in the top 3 companies not only should he be in the MainEvent but put the belt on this man ASAP.I have a feeling if he fueds with Hardy he is going to use a little of his new style but he is going to bring back alot of his old high-flying stuff.And he will tear the house down.God i bet the "E" would LOVE 2 have AJ.TNA do not, i repeat do not let this man leave in his prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.Robert Roode-Any 1 on this forum could make 1 of there lil sig's & put HHH, Mr.Perfect,
Roddy Piper,Scott Hall, & Ric Rude & u could have Bobby in there & he would not look out of place at all because he looks tha part more than any other non-main eventer i can think of over the past 15 years.The man can wrestle outside of a tag-team,& he can do it real good,great even.He can get over face or heel.(I perfer heel,but love him as a face also)The thing is TNA should of brought this man to the MaIN EVENT 3 years ago.He is now 34(keep in mind batista debuted at like 35 or 36) but he need's to be in the main even soon.I dont think he should fued with Storm.I heard Chris Harris want's Back in TNA. They can have a Beer Money INC stable where Roode sponsers AMW.Scott Steiner for an enforcer.And Magnus as a lackey with Flair as an advisor

3.The PoPe needs to be TNA people's champ in the way DDP was to WcW. I think he should be a face if he is in the Main Event. It's so hard to get over as a face in today's wrestling biz but he went from heel to face quick in TNA.I recently watched he WWECW work as his real name Elija Burke & i liked him.I mean the WWE mainEVENTER SIGNED WITH Elija & his new breed.I think PoPe could be a main eventer in any of the 3 big promotions.He has a little of his own style RocK in him.They are gold on the mic,and Good in the ring.If Pope works on his in-ring work they wont be able to hold him down in the southern promotion to long!Plus he is from Duval Jax FLA.We went to high school together so i am extremly biased.but even if i didn't know him from adam i still would have him in my top 8,just not # 3,prob #6,but i am a PoPe mark & PRouD2Be!!!

4.Kurt Angle-Do i reaLLy need to explain this 1.He is a for sure Amature & Pro hall of famer wrestler who has held belts in both companies.If he went to the WWE tomorow he would be in the main event day 1.So that is as good as any reason to have him in the TNA main event!.!

OH MY GOD MY POST GOT MESSED UP I HAD

5 HARDY
6 MR ANDERSON
7MATT MORGAN
8ALEX SHELLY as TNA's HBK as $HOW ME THE MONEY ALEX SHELLY

THEY ALL HAd great extremly LONG reasons why and pressed backspace on accident and ruined it all.i probably would of been getting all kinds of love

DAYUM

Here's how I'm gonna answer this one. I'll list who I'd put as each champ, who could be top contenders to the belts, and then a few names I may comment on. Some names may pop up more than once:

World Champ Eric Young (Have him get kicked off the top rope by Suicide again, and make him serious again)
Chased by
Robert Roode
A.J. Styles
Samoa Joe
Hernandez
Suicide (ONLY IF he unmasked and is proven to be Christopher Daniels)

TV Champ Hernandez
Chased by
Desmond Wolfe
Douglas Williams
Magnus
Kurt Angle (Only belt he needs to be the second TNA grandslam winner)

Tag Champs Crimson & Amazing Red
Chased by
Ink Inc
The Motor City Machine Gunns
Generation Me
The Hardy Boyz

X Division Champ The Pope
Chased by
Brian Kendrick
Kazarian
Jay Leathal

Knockouts Champ Winter
Chased by
Mickey James
Sarita
Velvet Skye

Knockouts Tag Champs Sarita And Rosita
Chased by
The Beautiful People
Winter and Daphney (could be a great "Crazy Woman" team)

now some people that could be on the cusp, go for pretty much any thing, and/or evently hold everything

Hernandez (Had the World Title case not that long ago)
Matt Morgan
Mr. Anderson
Jay Leathal (The guy nearly beat Jarrett for the World Title, and did beat Angle Clean for the X belt)
Kazarian (Could easily win TV or world. Before he was thrown backwards as Suicide, was nearly winning the world belt a number of times)
Gunner and Murphey could easily be believable Tag champs soon too

1. AJ Styles - The most anti-TNA person alive can't say AJ hasn't got talent, one of the only homegrown talents TNA has and to me built the fucking place with his hard work.

2. Samoa Joe - One of the reasons I stopped watching TNA every week was because of how Joe was treated. The fact that he's better than 3/4 of the roster and still has nothing in over a year to show for it proves that TNA's Creative don't deserve their jobs.

3. Kurt Angle - Phenominal wrestler, great athlete, is aging but that's the way things work. Still has a couple of title runs left in him in my opinion.

4. Mr. Anderson - Very good on the microphone, his in-ring skills need to be sharper though. Haven't seen much of him as I don't watch TNA that often and when I do I only watch certain matches, but anything I've seen from Ken has never been poor.

5. Douglas Williams - Again, has to be one of the best wrestlers on the roster. Hardly ever puts a step wrong, Chaos Theory is one of the best modified German Suplexes in wrestling. Should be a main eventer.

6. Frankie Kazarian - One of the better people to come from the X-Division. I never really saw what was great with the X-Division after Joe lost the Championship, but unlike most of the scrawney spot monkeys in it, Kazarian had actual skill, talent, look and size. I could see him being a World Champion some day.

7. Robert Roode - Beer Money has been a great team, IMO the best in North American wrestling behind Kings of Wrestling, but it has to come to and end some time. When it does, I hope Robert Roode gets a big push, and it would be great to see James Storm get one too, but Robert more-so than Storm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back