Who Will Call Smackdown Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fratelli

Pre-Show Stalwart
apparently tazz has now left the wwe leaving the smackdown matches with only JR to call them.

obviously wwe will send in a colour com to work with jr but who will it be?

i will make this clear though, this is really a thread in which im discussing in the minds of the wwe so if you think for example Jerry Lawler is boring etc.. please remember wwe obv think he is a good announcer and there is a high possibility of him calling the smackdown as well as raw matches.

there is a few people who they could choose from but none would have previously had nothing to do with smackdown before the show. some of the people on other threads about tazz etc.. have thrown out names as to who will replace him so i will list down the names i came across.

King has worked with JR obv for many years but is he willing to call all the matches? id imagine he would get exhausted after a couple of matches and his performance would drop.

Striker is also a possibility and wwe has a lot of faith in him although he is quite new to announcing. he wont be calling to many ecw matches lol so he could also have a good chance of working with JR.

Todd grisham is really a play by play announcer and like striker he is quite new to the job so i dont think wwe would consider him for the job.

joey styles is a proven announcer but he also is a play by play announcer and has not sat at the mic for a long time.

JBL has a match and a "ground breaking" announcement to make, hes worked wrestlemania before so he has experience but again i think he will be too focused on his match. therefore i think we can safley say he wont be working the headset.

overall my personal favourite for wwe to pick would be Striker.

I would go out and say Striker will end up calling the sd! matches. granted because ECW doesnt have a match on the card

I really have no idea. It could be some backstage guy, like Malenko or some other Road Agent. However, the only guy I could really see doing it and doing it well that's currently on the SD roster is Mr. Kennedy. I'm not sure where he is right now, but he's got the charisma and mic know-how to be a pretty decent-good replacement or interim color guy.

As far as I can tell, Matt Striker is the only guy that could do the job. If I remember correctly, there are no ECW matches on Wrestlemania this year. They have ECW wrestlers in other matches, but not a match with just ECW wrestlers. That would allow Striker to call the Smackdown matches because he wouldn't exhaust himself on the other matches. When a match does involve ECW wrestlers, have Striker mention this and give a little extra insight on them. He has been great on Tuesday nights and I think that this is his big chance.

I think that JR said that the announce team for Wrestlemania would be Micheal Cole and The King.

At wrestlemania they will probably just have a three man team for the whole night: Michael Cole, Lawler and JR. Which is probably for the best because Tazz was a pretty bad commentator anyways and because i hate when the commentators constantly flip flop at pay per views. I like just one team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back