• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will beat Anderson Silva ?

Who will beat Anderson Silva for the middle wieght title ?

• Yushin Okami

• Rich Franklin

• Michael Bisping

• Paulo Filho (If he jumps ship from WEC)

• Robbie Lawler (If he signs with the UFC)

• Patrick Cote in a rematch from UFC 90

• Nate Marquardt

• Thales Leites

• A fighter will move up/down to middle wieght and beat him.

• Nobody will beat Silva

Results are only viewable after voting.

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
The question is simple. Who will be the man who knocks Anderson Silva from the top of the middlewieght division. I'm personaly going to go with Robbie Lawler. If Lawler signs with the UFC he'll probably be getting a title shot soon after signing. If Anderson goes into a fight with Lawler goofing around like he did in his fight with Patrick Cote It would be a deadly mistake. Lawler has the skills to capatilize on Silva's ignorance. Another possible option to beat Silva is a person moving up from welter wieght. I'm going to say that Josh Koscheck could move up and do very well in the Middle wieght division. He's improving his skills in every fight and i would love to see him beat Anderson Silva.

I am going with Okami. His stand up has improved alot from where it was when he first joined the UFC it wont help much against silva but atleast he wont get completely dominated on his feet. But I think Okami's best bet is if he can take siva to the ground. I know silva is BJJ blackbelt but Okami's skill at guard passing is great. Also from what i hear okami is alot stronger then he looks meaning silva might have a hard time controlling him on the ground.

As for lawler since he comes from EliteXc i doubt dana is gonna give him an instant title shot. And Okami is number 1 contender Cote was a replacement since he broke his hand so lawler might have to wait awhile for a title shot. If lawler does end signing with the UFC i see him fighting okami for number 1 though contender since its obvious the ufc does not care much for okami because they put there supposed number 1 contender in the Preliminary card for ufc 92.

I still pick Dan Henderson, Cung Le or Gegard Mousasi. Three choices that should be up there.

Henderson's only chance is to replicate his first round of their title fight in a rematch. Why? Because he's the first guy ever do win even a round with Anderson since he debuted in 2006. He'd have to grind out a boring decision and do what he did against Palhares: stick to the fucking gameplan and DON'T TRADE WITH SILVA.

Cung Le is such an unorthodox striker that I think he'd fare better than most think. He has a solid, solid chin. Plus, his speed and takedown defense are good should Silva try to switch up tactics. Le's main plus is that with his San Shou he can keep even some the best strikers/wrestlers at bay long enough to wear them down (see: Frank Shamrock).

Mousasi is my dark horse choice because he has the ground tools to mix it up with the best and he's good enough at other aspects of the game to avoid taking stiff strikes long enough to force a takedown (considering Silva's weakest point is his wrestling) and work from top position.

Whoever voted for Bisping is delusional. Michael couldn't even finish Leben after fifteen minutes of his best Lyoto impression. Anderson would have no power to fear, so he'd kill Bisping inside of two minutes. Lawler would need to hope for a miracle right hand to land as his standup is way too meat-and-potatoes to deal with a surgeon like Silva. The other choices are laughable to me. Okami might last a round, but it was only an illegal strike that saved his ass the first time. Granted, you could say that he's improved, but a victory over a past-his-prime Evan Tanner doesn't do much to solidify street cred. Franklin needs to get the fuck out of that weight class and remain gone, because as long as Anderson's wearing the gold, he'll never be more than runner up with a rearranged nose.

How do Micahel Bisping and Robbie Lawler make this list but Hendo doesnt? Out of those three Hendo has the best shot at beating Silva as Kasey mentioned above me and actually out of that list I'd say Lawler is the second least likely to beat Silva in front of Cote. Also where is Demian Maia? That would be my pick to beat Silva, Maia is an abu dhabi champ, won multiple BJJ World Champ, and is one of the best BJJ guys in MMA which would work wonders against Silva who has shown he's not the most comfortable on the ground, but regardless if Silva fights Maia Im puttin money on Demian Maia.

I agree there are alot of people up their that should not be there. Mostly bisping. How the hell does bisping get 2 votes is beyond me! Bisping would be killed by Silva he does not even deserve a mention. But i agree with kasey on Cung Le or Gegard Mousas. As kasey said Cung Le is a very unorthodox fighter and silva likes to examine his opponent the first few secs or minutes of the fight to see how they work he is gonna have a hard time doing that with Cung Le. Also i am fully confident Mousas can actually pull a win if he takes silva to the ground. But thats gonna be pretty hard silva showed some decent takedown defense against cote albeit it is cote he is not exactly known for his take downs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back