• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will be Zigglers foil?

Who will end Zigglers IC Title reign?

• Kaval

• MVP

• Alberto Del Rio

• Christian

• Kofi Kingston

• Cody Rhodes

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
Since Ive gotten good responses from my "foil" threads on Orton and Bryan, I figured Id do them for the Smackdown champions as well.

Ziggler has held the Intercontinental title for 2 and a half months, defeating Kofi Kingston in July. He since has had several "successful" title defenses against Kingston, mostly by countout or DQ, but he did beat Kofi clean and ended their feud at NOC.

Ziggler has also defended the title against MVP, who he defeated as well. Theres very few mid-card "faces" for Ziggler to feud with left.

So this one is a bit tougher then I thought, as Smackdown is a heel heavy show, especially in the mid-card. Hes had long feuds with Kofi and Rey, and there dont seem to be many impending challengers on the horizon. So the questions are:

1. Who finally ends Dolph's IC title reign? For how much longer does he hold the belt?
2. How does the scenario play out? Dolph's currently involved in a love triangle with Vickie Guerrero and Kaitlyn from NXT, do they play a factor?
3. After droppong the belt, where should Dolph go from there?

I personally think Alberto Del Rio will be the one who ends his championship reign, and I think it will be by years end. Del Rio has all the tools to be a major star, and he's going to win a championship sooner then later.

I could see botched interference from Vickie or Kaitlyn costing Dolph the title. All of Dolph's successful title defenses have been marred by interference, why won't his title run end the same?

I think Dolph could be an effective face if pushed the proper way. He loses the title, loses Vickie, who proceeds to use her power as "Smackdowns consultant" to screw him over and over. This leads to a face turn, Dolph overcoming the odds, and figuring in to the main event mix within a year. The former Spirit Squad member has done well for himself......

Note: A poll has been added to the thread.

I'm not really sure how much longer he'll hold the belt, though I would like to see him hold it for at least a month or two longer, with several clean defenses to build him up. From what I've read, he seems to defend the belt pretty regularly, so all he needs to do is have them end cleanly.

As for who defeats him, I would hold off for a while on that. First, I would let NXT3 finish up, with Kaitlyn and Vickie becoming more and more embroiled in their rivalry, with Dolph eventually turning face and siding with Kaitlyn. After that turn, I think any heel could face him, but I would most like for either Del Rio (although I don't think he needs the belt, really) or Rhodes to take it from him. I think Rhodes ultimately should be the one. Maybe have him win the IC title after he and McIntyre lose the tag straps.

I'm not sure how well Dolph would work as a face, but with Smackdown being heavy on heels as they are and with the loss of Christian, I think someone needs to turn. Dolph seems to have the most opportune moment from what I can tell. Then again, I could be forgetting someone and be very wrong.

Currently I see nobody actually taking the belt off Ziggler. Or well the person might very well be around, however there's nobody that I feel is worthy of taking the belt off Ziggler currently.

Ziggler have been on a roll as of late. He's looking good as a champion, and has successfully retained his belt at numerous occasions. Some might be through cheating and some might be through count-out. However that only helps him get over as a champion because he gets heat. As well as it never truly hurts a champion to have a bit of a crooked retain every now and then.

But for now I doubt there'll be anybody taking the belt off Ziggler. There might be in say 3 or 4 months time. And then we'll just have to see who is around at that period of time to take the belt off him.

I agree with the notion of him losing it due to a botched intereference. i think what will happen is kaitlin will interfere properly and help him and then either vickie will come out and try to interefere but botch it and he loses it. Or vickie makes dolph lose the title because of her jelousy and the intereference as she had smackdown consultant powers.

But to say who it will be to win the title from dolph, well if that senario plays out it could well be a heel guy as well as a face because dolph may look hard done by (or it may work in reverse so vickie is cheered and dolph is booed like when vickie re-instated the undertaker for example) so the options are open really. I wouldnt be suprised to see christian win the title when he returns seen as he and edge are on the same brand now and I think WWE will try to set up a feud between the two so involving a belt, ie making christian current and relevant by giving him the belt would bring the whole angle to light..

Right now I would imagine the guy to take the belt off of him will be Kaval. Though Kaval doesn't seem to be getting much of a push or anything, he is the only mid-card face that Ziggles hasn't fueded with. Enevitabley, Kaval's going to cash in his championship opportunity, and for some reason I don't think he'll cash it in on Undertaker or Kane...:rolleyes:.

So Mr. Ziggles will end up fueding with Kaval, who will use the fued as his first push.

Believe it or not, I'll say MVP. The guys been getting burried and both he and the WWE realize this. He isn't that bad of a wrestler that everyone makes him out to be. He's got a variety of moves. Putting the intercontinental championship on MVP will be a safe bet that he'll put on some great matches. An IC reign will also improve his momentum huge. The guy is very over with the crowd. Just like everyone else is saying, Kaitlyn or Vickie will be his foil. They will some way or another get him to lose the belt. It seems as if the WWE are focusing more on the love triangle then his Intercontinental championship reign. I'll say they'll wrap up NXT season 3 first, and he'll lose it at whatever Decembers PPV is. Maybe even after then. Like someone said, he's been on a roll lately. If he's going to lose it, they need to keep him looking strong and to screw him out of the title would keep it that way. A great champion.

Im hoping he has a lengthy title reign and loses it to a returning Christian. A couple good promos and matches will do good for both these guys then you can push Ziggler into the upper mid card.

Yeah seen as we now all know these two guys are facing each other at bragging right, namely ziggler and bryan, you could well assume that there will be a unification match as that is what WWE appears to have planned, and honestly I'm all for it

MVP. The guy hasnt been IC Champ and I would like to see the guy get a taste of the belt plus with MVP moaning, I think WWE will give him the title just to shut him up.

As far as where Ziggler goes, down the bottom of the card is where I see him go. He's too small for the title and just doesnt look threatening to someone like Edge or Kane or Big Show, maybe Mysterio but he wont hold the title anytime soon.

I'm thinking that Kaval will be the one to take the Intercontinental Championship from Ziggler, unless another match gets announced before that one can take place. The next challenger will probably get the belt, Ziggler's run is getting boring in my opinion. I picked Kaval though because he hasn't cashed in his free title match he got for winning NXT season 2. Who said it would be for the World Championship? It could very well be the midcard belt that Kaval goes for. He'd be a good Intercontinental Champion and would have a nearly endless list of feuds he could do.

For some reason or another I see Del Rio getting some gold soon, but I don't think he is ready just yet for the big one. I know it would be a heel vs. heel so to speak, but they could do a Triple Threat or something to keep it from being a heatfest. Rio and Ziggler haven't faced off yet, so it would be a fresh match. Both have a technical aspect to their characters as well.

That's just how I see it. Practically every face on Smackdown has held gold recently save MVP. So I'd make it interesting and get another heel to be champion, and there's no other villain quite like Del Rio right now.

If Kaval dosn't beat Ziggler for the belt this sunday, Or get it in a chase afterwards, Then I see Cody winning the title in some kind of 4way or even a 6man match.

Christian: Out of action atm.
M.V.P: was beaten last week on smackdown by Ziggler clean.
Kofi: Has had the IC title twice already.
Drew Mac: same as above.
Alberto Del Rio: Is over like a woman in a mans prison, So he dos't need it.
Cody: Your next IC champion!

I went for Rhodes, because of all the members on that list, he's the one I'd most like to see get it. Christian is injured, I don't think Kaval is ready, Del Rio is set for bigger things pretty soon and I'm really Bleuuuuurgh about Kofi and MVP.

Cody is more than decent in the ring and has got some real heat in a love to hate him kind of way recently with his new gimmick. I think if a Ziggler heel turn was effected, maybe using Vicki as discussed above, Rhodes V Ziggler could really work. Rhodes cutting promos about how Kaitlyn should be after him not Ziggler and how he is more perfection than Ziggler is.

Those two could put a real show on in the ring too.

I love that idea with Cody Rhodes as a face...it seems on Smackdown there are too many potential heels that will be rising to the main event soon...Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler himself even...thats alot of pressure around Cody to rise above all those guys and main event on Smackdown....I think he would be a good face especially with the pops he gets...the only main event faces currently on Smackdown are Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Edge, and thats pretty much it considering Taker is never around...I think putting Cody in the main event will be smart....put him in a feud with McIntyre, then Swagger, Ziggler, all those guys, and using the Dashing gimmick would work brilliantly....but as far as what WWE is most likely to do, I see Kaval winning this sunday which isnt very smart because Ziggler is a great IC champ, probably the best all year

I think he will lose the title around the Royal Rumble or maybe even Wrestlemania. The reason being that they are trying to make him look like he can't lose the title. I think whoever beats him for the title will be receiving a big push. Kind of like John Cena when he defeated the Big Show at mania for the US Championship.

Who will it be? I don't think its any of the guys you mentioned above. I think it is going to be someone like Tyler Reks. The guy could be turned into a face even though it will be hard since no one really cares for him. Alberto Del Rio is too over. I don't think he is ready for world championship, but his gimmick seems like too much to be going for the Intercontinental Championship. Ok, maybe it was a bit of a stretch to make Tyler face, but maybe it could be a triple threat and make him win it like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back