Who Will Be The Future of The WWE?

Ultra Awesome

Im standing in Brooklyn/
Last night on Raw, I noticed how Chris Jericho sort of "jobbed" to Wade Barret. After seeing this it got me thinking. Jericho lost to obviously put Wade over (and for the fact that Wade has to stay as leader of NEXUS).

Now lately, we have been seeing a bunch of new talent getting pushed. This tactic all started a little less than a year ago, when the WWE had decided that they wanted to start pushing young talent because they would eventually become the future of the business. To the same time, the fans had simply gotten tired of seeing John Cena vs. Randy Orton 10,000 or other matches that happened way too often: HHH vs. Orton, Cena vs. HHH, Batista vs. Orton, etc. Now whether the WWE actually took "our" opinion into account, I don't know for sure.

But nevertheless, new talent was pushed. Now I may be wrong on this but the first one I noted to get a push was Kofi Kingston. Unfortunately, once Kofi's fued with Orton ended so did Kofi's push. Drew McIntyre also got a descent push when he debuted, but again, it didn't go very far and he stayed at mid-card level. Now we had Sheamus, the first successful push. Sure, it was somewhat botched but nevertheless Sheamus kept his status at "main eventer". Jack Swagger was the next to come. In my opinion, Swagger wasn't ready for the push but even still he went from jobbing to Santino to being Heavyweight champion. Lastly, we have our most beloved of all (though not exactly liked all)....THE MIZ. This is the guy that Vince has pinned to be the "future" of the business.

Now this brings me to my question. We all see these pushes happen to people at one time or another. But WHO? Who do you think will be the FUTURE of the WWE? Who will be the guys that headline Wrestlemania in the coming future (3+ years from now)?. Cena, Orton HHH, Undertaker, Jericho, Edge, and Rey Mysterio won't be here forever. So who do you "pin" to take their place as main eventers?

Please try as much as possible to give more than one person. Most (not all) will most likely choose the Miz, But I want to know more people, not just him.

Daniel Bryan: The guy has just come back to the WWE and he is already getting a bigger pop than Morrison. Bryan has the wrestling ability, the mic skills, and the ability to get the whole crowd up out of their seats look at Summer Slam. This guy is devoted to the business and is a main event waiting to happen.

The Miz: the most obvious choice, but really this guy has it all, but just needs a little work in the ring.

Drew McIntyre: OK there have been a few attempts to get him to the main event, but it will happen soon enough. It will happen slowly of course, but he will get there. He is decent in the ring ad just has that look as a champion. I know for a fact this guy will make it in 3 years and not just because of his theme song.

Wade Barret: This guy is just masterful. His promos are great, he has great mic skills, and gets major heat from the crowd. The only thing that could hold him back is his finisher. It just looks like a simple and weak move.

Kaval: I know he needs a lot work on the mic, but I am pulling for him to win NXT. His ability in the ring is just so amazing and the crowd loves this guy including me. I think he would be the perfect opponent for Bryan.

Other Mentions: Dolph Ziggler, Alex Riley, Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, Joe Henning

People I thinkwill be the future of this company are def Sheamus. Besides Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar he rose to WWE Champion in no time.

McIntyre is anoter gret talent WWE just needs to push him in the right way.

And the Miz is deff gonna e a future champ they have already pushed hugely.

Daniel Bryan has a future in WWE probabaly take us titl fom miz at night ofchampions. That way miz can focus on the wwe title. But danielson is a small guy and WWE isnt big on small guys being main eventers unless you mysterio

The Miz is the next coming of The Rock, book it! The way the crowd reacted to him at Summerslam with the catch phrases and all, it's building steam and it's coming. This is the same reaction that The Rock got before he turned the corner to superstardom.

Bryan Danielson has all the tools to make it big, it's just a matter of time and if he gets the right chances.

Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Skip Sheffield or the Redneck Juggernaut as I like to call him, all have tons of potential to be superstars in the future.

But danielson is a small guy and WWE isnt big on small guys being main eventers unless you mysterio
Why do you think WWE is pushing guys like Bourne, Kofi, and even Bryan because they want the smaller, unique talent as their future. The big, muscular era is happily coming to an end and the fans including myself like the high-flying fast paced wrestling style. And the WWE knows this because of how we react.

In my opinion, Drew's push was a sucess. He is currently established as a high-midcarder with potential, just waiting for the right feud, storyline, whatever, to come his way. The push got him over and established him as a threat. After Vince was gone (due to Nexus attack) he pulled some impressive victories against Christian and Kofi. He continues to establish himself, slowly and efficiently. His transition to ME will be smooth and natural, a couple of years down the line.

Why do you think WWE is pushing guys like Bourne, Kofi, and even Bryan because they want the smaller, unique talent as their future. The big, muscular era is happily coming to an end and the fans including myself like the high-flying fast paced wrestling style. And the WWE knows this because of how we react.

It only makes sense, with the improved wellness policy and all the public image cleansing the WWE has been going trough the last couple of years, to slowly switch away from the big muscular guys that people always relate to steroids. Remember, a couple of years ago, steroids were being sold in China (i think) in a package showcasing Batista's muscular body. That was funny as crap.

Also, with the influence of MMA, people are progressively more attracted to a more hybrid style, closer to real "fighting", that guys like Bryan and Kaval can bring to the company.

The Miz- obviously.... but I hope that when he goes to cash in the mitb he loses. I dont think he should br the champ just yet. But he should get that push to be wwe champ near the middle or end 2011.

Daniel Bryan- I think he is good in the ring and hope he will win the US title at night of champions.

John Morrison- now I know you guys might not agree with me but i think he could be great if the WWE gives him a heel turn. He was so much better doing promos as a heel. Plus his in ring ability is great. (besides doing his finisher.)

Other- Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger.....

THE MIZ- HE HAS IT ALL AT THE MOMENT. HIS IN RING ABILITY HAS IMPROVED SO MUCH IN THE LAST YEAR AND HIS MIC SKILLS ARE AMONG THE BEST IT THE WWE.

DANIEL BRYAN- I CAN REALLY SEE WWE PUSHING HIM AS A MAIN EVENTER. HES AMAZING. HIS MIX OF MARTIAL ARTS, MMA, AND TECHNICAL WRESTLING WILL HAVE HIM ADAPTING TO ANY OPPONENT.

WADE BARRETT- IN MY OPONION HIS MIC SKILLS ARE FLAWLESS. HIS LOOK AND SIZE
IS GREAT AND HIS IN RING ABILITY IS AWESOME AS WEEL.

JOHN MORRISON- HE IS A GREAT PERFORMER. I LIKE HIM BETTER AS HEEL BUT HES GREAT NON THE LESS. HIS LOOK IS GOOD AND HES DIFFERENT. I ONLY THINK HE NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS MIC SKILLS.

DOLPH ZIGGLER- AGAIN HE HAS THE LOOK. HES OK ON THE MIC AND HE HAS GOOD RING PRESENCE.

CODY RHODES- WRESTLING IS IN HIS BLOOD.

TED DIBIASE JR- AGAIN WRESTLING IS IN HIS BLOOD AS WELL.

KOFI KINGSTON- HES ENTERTAINING AND HE IS ALREADY OVER WITH THE FANS. HIS MIKE SKILLS ARE OK AND HE HAS GOOD MOVES.

JOE HENNING/ MICHAEL MCGUILLICUTTY- COME ON HIS DAD IS MR.PERFECT.

KAVAL- NOT THE SIZE THAT WWE USUALLY UTILIZES BUT HE HAS IT ALL AND I THINK HES READY.

HUSKY HARRIS- NOT THE TYPICAL BEEF CAKE BUT I THINK HE HAS POTENTIAL. HE JUST NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS MIC SKILLS.

SHEAMUS- HE HAS IT ALL ALREADY I JUST THINK WWE NEEDS TO GIVE HIM A LITTLE MORE CREDIBILITY.

DAVID HART SMITH- I TRULY THINK WWE CAN MAKE HIM A HUGE STAR JUST LIKE THE BRITISH BULLDOG.

DREW MCINTYRE- HES FLAWLESS. HE ALREADY HAS IT ALL IN MY OPINION

TYLER BLACK- HASNT DEBUED YET BUT HE IS THE CURRENT RING OF HONOR WORLD CHAMPION AND HE HAS JUST SIGNED A DEAL WITH WWE. HES ALREADY HAD SOME GREAT FUEDS. ONE BEING WITH DANIEL BRYAN WHICH WAS AMAZING. HE ALSO HAD FUEDS WITH TNA SUPERSTAR DESMOND WOLFE, ECW LEGEND JERRY LYNN, AND FORMER RING OF HONOR WORLD CHAMPION AUSTIN ARIES.

NOW IF WWE CAN JUST GET ROBERT ROODE AND AUSTIN ARIES.

The next era is going to be more diverse than ever. Vince is beginning to use smaller talents, much like he did with Bret & Shawn back in the mid 1990’s, as well as continuing to use the larger, more muscle bound guys. In the future, we're going to see guys like Daniel Bryan & Kofi Kingston, who are smaller than a lot of the big stars of the past, rise to prominence and showcase what smaller talents can do in the ring at the big stage; but at the same time guys like Drew McIntyre & Wade Barrett are going to show what the larger guys bring to the table. It's going to be a unique era ahead and I for one look forward to it.

I believe Danielson is the next big thing.
First, he is very hard-working and busy, which can be seen by at how many events he takes and took part, even if it is for only 500 people in attendance and how he is willing to travel a lot and learn by that. Another example is that he wanted to wrestle for FCW by choice before going into the main rosters to become familiar with the WWE and its style. Additionally, he has a normal guy's look and could very well interact with the public and be a good role model. He is friendly, very smart and has an ideal view on work, life and ethics. Even at his young age he gained a lot of experience and is probably more experienced than most people on the roster. I think he can also cater to a large group of fans, be it kids, marks, hardcore fans, the IWC or occassionally watching parents due to his large variety of moves and styles. He can be violent, technical, high flying and behave like a clean cut role model face or a rule breaking, better-knowing arrogant heel (maybe even a vegan misantroph?), though the face role suits him more I assume. He can cut good promos and appears to be very natural. The last and a very important point is that he has one of the most tremendous in-ring skills of all wrestlers in the world and is always capable of bringing out great matches everytime and steal the show. Just look at how great he looked in his first big match at SummerSlam. I mean it's no fluke that the Wrestling Observer Newsletter awarded him the title of being the "Best Technical Wrestler" from 2005 until now, the "Most Outstanding Wrestler" from 2006 until now and "Most Outstanding Wrestler Of The Decade". The only thing which may be a bit negative is that he may not be big and his look not intimidating or muscular enough, though he is very agile and dangerous with his submissions.
I can't see anybody of his generation playing in his league when he finally becomes an inherent part of the company. Just AJ, but he currently is in the other company. Okay, maybe Punk comes close and Orton is great as well, but too constricted.
They way they let him redebut in my opinion showed that they want him to be very big from now on.
Yeah, I'm sure you noticed that I really want him to succeed and that I'm a mark big mark of him, but if you disagree with my points, be welcome.

You cant really pick a next ig star.we dont know who it is..it culd be somone who hant debuted yet...or somone wo people are overlooking....its like asking who the gratest wrestler of all time is..yo cant pick cause there will always be that debate

this thread like a while ago...soooo yeah....

All the young up and coming stars you see WWE is building up right now are planned to carry the company in some way in the future. This era that we are building up to is mixing the use of smaller more agile talents as well as the bigger ground and pound get it done in the ring type guys. The guys like: Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre and others of that size frame will be used as the dominant figures within th coming years. Their size has also seemed to give them steady pushes in their small time frame on WWE television.

This era is also trying to legitimize the smaller workers of the WWE. With Rey Mysterio fully legitimized as a main event player, this will open the door for other wrestlers who have a similar small stature be given a more legitimate shot to escalate up the card. Wrestlers such as: Evan Bourne, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, etc. will be given shots as headliners in the distant future based upon their work ethic as well as their connection and over all "overness" with the audience. At this point in time Vince seems to be more high on giving his smaller superstars a bigger chance in his company, which in my mind is a great decision for business. A lot of people want to see exciting, fast paced, in ring action and they will get it from the smaller more agile stars.

Then you have the mid-carders who may very well be our main eventers of tomorrow. The Miz is a good example of someone who may be jumping from the mid-card to the main event sooner than we think and he will be around for a good while. Then you have second generation mid-card stars in Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase who seem to be on the horizon of success. They need to be built up through the mid-card first but they have a lot of years left and may need to be heavily relied on the up coming years. Their young ages will benefit their careers and WWE. John Morrison is another young mid-card performer, who if he improves his game may very well lead to bigger and better things down the road.

There are so many young and fresh faces in WWE right now that could carry the company once the veterans leave. John Cena and Randy Orton are young too also. They will be the veterans leading the next generation into the next era. Much like HBK, HHH, and Undertaker did with them. And when Cena and Orton hang up their boots, the over veterans (whom ever they may be) will lead a next generation of superstar into a new era. It's a cycle that keeps business going, and as of right now WWE has a lot of future talents to rely on when it comes to being the future of the business.

I cannot believe(unless I missed it) that not one person has mentioned CM Punk as the future... HE is continuing to evolve his heel persona and I feel he will be in the main event for years upon years upon years... I can definately in a few years see him as a main event on Wrestlemania....... his mic work is top notch!

Who will be the guys that headline Wrestlemania in the coming future (3+ years from now)?. Cena, Orton HHH, Undertaker, Jericho, Edge, and Rey Mysterio won't be here forever.

LOL

In 3+ years time, those guys - or at least some of those guys - will still be at the top of WWE.

We all know Undertaker is going to retire before that time. Chris Jericho probably will hang up the boots before then. Edge has already stated that he won't be around too much longer. Who knows about Rey Mysterio although the likelihood that he'd be anywhere near the main event of a Wrestlemania ever again is slim.

However, John Cena, Randy Orton and Triple H will most certainly still be alive and kicking at Wrestlemania 2013, and I wouldn't be surprised if some if not all are still involved in the bigger matches at the show... at least one will most certainly be challenging for or holding a World title.

i think the miz is the future...the guy is so over with the crowds and like him or not his ring work is really good...i'm a huge miz fan and i think he's gonna be the top guy in a few years...i think with the way fan reaction has been brian danielson is gonna be like a top midcard guy...like how benoit was...always right there...so close to the top...dangerous but not champ material...wade barrett has what it takes to be a great heel as well those are my choices for the next generation of top talent

You know its funny cause Jericho often does this, and some other talent will do it too, but lets see if triple h comes back and puts over someone. you know that wont happen. The moment that asshole comes back prepare yourself to see all the young talent being buried, fuck even cena puts over talent every once in a while

I seem a few posts saying Wade Barrett would be great if his finisher wasn't so weak. What's weak about it? It's basically a fireman carry powerbomb, and the inpact doesn't look look weak too me. Just because it's simple isn't a negative. From where I sit it looks a whole lot more effective than HHH's pedigree, or whatever that things is that Miz does.

Let me put it this way; if I had to choose to let a wrestler use his finisher on me, I'd be more legit worried about the impact and pain from Barrett's finisher than a lot of other guys moves.

sorry guys but whoever thinks the miz is the next rock or big thing is sooooo wrong its funny. sure he talks ok on the mic his ring skills have improved but c'mon man guys like stone cold undertaker hhh orton and the past greats like hogan hbk hart savage flair all looked the part, the miz looks like a frat boy on steroids. If WWe goes with the miz then shit boy im watching something else cuz and that sucks cuz im a wrestling fanatic and been watching since i was 3. Anyhow im really bummed that WWe is so horny for the miz and gonna make him champion major mistake sorry guys he sucks. Anyhow for the future of WWE Kofi Kingston is my man. He just needs to cut out the hi flying crap and focus on more wrestling holds and moves. The hi flying can only get u so far and accidents happen whether ur ready or not. Dolph Zigler is looking good and can see him be a contender soon and a big reason for that is he looks the part unlike miz see what im saying. Big Drew on smackdown is gonna be the next big thing for sure! he looks like the next HHH and well as Sheamus! those two will be big in the future and heres a big factor THEY LOOK LIKE CHAMPIONS!!!!! i dunno why Vince thinks the miz can be a wwe champion maybe since he looks so ordinary that it will give people watching the show a thought like "oh miz is champ that means i can be to one day" hahahahha bullshit! WWE championship is for real men not little boys who buy cena t-shirts and watch old real world episodes.

The future
Sheamus
kofi
zigler
DRew Mc
Barret
Cody Rhodes
sheffield

the unfuture:
the miz (he really needs to change his name he is not the 2nd rock)
everyone on nexus cept Barret and sheffield

THE MIZ- HE HAS IT ALL AT THE MOMENT. HIS IN RING ABILITY HAS IMPROVED SO MUCH IN THE LAST YEAR AND HIS MIC SKILLS ARE AMONG THE BEST IT THE WWE.

DANIEL BRYAN- I CAN REALLY SEE WWE PUSHING HIM AS A MAIN EVENTER. HES AMAZING. HIS MIX OF MARTIAL ARTS, MMA, AND TECHNICAL WRESTLING WILL HAVE HIM ADAPTING TO ANY OPPONENT.

WADE BARRETT- IN MY OPONION HIS MIC SKILLS ARE FLAWLESS. HIS LOOK AND SIZE
IS GREAT AND HIS IN RING ABILITY IS AWESOME AS WEEL.

JOHN MORRISON- HE IS A GREAT PERFORMER. I LIKE HIM BETTER AS HEEL BUT HES GREAT NON THE LESS. HIS LOOK IS GOOD AND HES DIFFERENT. I ONLY THINK HE NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS MIC SKILLS.

DOLPH ZIGGLER- AGAIN HE HAS THE LOOK. HES OK ON THE MIC AND HE HAS GOOD RING PRESENCE.

CODY RHODES- WRESTLING IS IN HIS BLOOD.

TED DIBIASE JR- AGAIN WRESTLING IS IN HIS BLOOD AS WELL.

KOFI KINGSTON- HES ENTERTAINING AND HE IS ALREADY OVER WITH THE FANS. HIS MIKE SKILLS ARE OK AND HE HAS GOOD MOVES.

JOE HENNING/ MICHAEL MCGUILLICUTTY- COME ON HIS DAD IS MR.PERFECT.

KAVAL- NOT THE SIZE THAT WWE USUALLY UTILIZES BUT HE HAS IT ALL AND I THINK HES READY.

HUSKY HARRIS- NOT THE TYPICAL BEEF CAKE BUT I THINK HE HAS POTENTIAL. HE JUST NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS MIC SKILLS.

SHEAMUS- HE HAS IT ALL ALREADY I JUST THINK WWE NEEDS TO GIVE HIM A LITTLE MORE CREDIBILITY.

DAVID HART SMITH- I TRULY THINK WWE CAN MAKE HIM A HUGE STAR JUST LIKE THE BRITISH BULLDOG.

DREW MCINTYRE- HES FLAWLESS. HE ALREADY HAS IT ALL IN MY OPINION.

NOW IF WWE CAN JUST GET ROBERT ROODE.

i agree with u 100% except for the fact that u think dh smith, mcintyre, and ziggler can be world champs. now dh smith is boring in the ring. mcintyre is just boring all around. i cant get into his promos. and ziggler i dont see it either i see him mayb holding the i.c title a few more times before being realeased. now mcintyre could do good in a stable with sheamus, and bring back the highlanders (who were a pretty good heel tag team).

I cannot believe(unless I missed it) that not one person has mentioned CM Punk as the future... HE is continuing to evolve his heel persona and I feel he will be in the main event for years upon years upon years... I can definately in a few years see him as a main event on Wrestlemania....... his mic work is top notch!

Exactly! I was actually going to mention Punk but then I figured he should be considered the present since he is already a 3 time worlds champion.

The future of the WWE lies with 3 people: Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett and The Miz. Swagger is being groomed as the next Kurt Angle and rightfully so because the guy is great to watch in the ring. Wade has the best mic skills out of anyone that has gone through NXT and not to mention the look WWE likes. The Miz is already being called the future of WWE on a weekly basis so they are intent on making it happen.

Drew McIntyre, Wade Barret, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston and Skip Sheffield(maybe I've left a few out) all come to mind when I'm asked this question .Wade Barret and Drew McIntyre are great in my opinion and are both future World/WWE Champions. The Miz has good mic skill but he is NOT the next Rock and Daniel Bryan is amazing in the ring this guy should get the U.S title soon.

i agree with u 100% except for the fact that u think dh smith, mcintyre, and ziggler can be world champs. now dh smith is boring in the ring. mcintyre is just boring all around. i cant get into his promos. and ziggler i dont see it either i see him mayb holding the i.c title a few more times before being realeased. now mcintyre could do good in a stable with sheamus, and bring back the highlanders (who were a pretty good heel tag team).

WELL U SEE I CHOSE DH SMITH BECAUSE HE HAS POTENTIAL. LOOK AT HIS FATHER HE WAS IN A TAG TEAM FOR YEARS. AND AS A SINGLES STAR HE HAD GREAT MATCHES WITH EVERYONE HE EVEN BEAT BRET HART. THE REASON WHY I THINK HES A LITTLE BORING IN THE RING IS CUZ THE WWE HAS NO GOOD TAG TEAMS TO PUT HIM UP AGAINST SO HES NOT GETTING MUCH EXPERIENCE CUZ HES NOT WRESTLING EVERY WEEK. I THINK HE COULD BE A HUGE SINGLES STAR. ZIGGLER ON THE OTHER HAND NEEDS TO CHANGE HIS GIMICK AND THEN HES SET. MCINTYRE ON THE OTHER HAND DOESNT HAVE THAT MUCH EXPERIENCE EITHER. LOOK AT HIM HES STUCK ON SMACKDOWN FUEDING WITH SHITTY MATT HARDY. PUT HIM ON RAW AND HE CAN HAVE SOME GREAT FUEDS AND SOME AMAZING MATCHES. I SEE DREW GOING TO RAW DURING THE NEXT DRAFT.

I agree, right now he is kinda waiting in the wings for the main event with his SES gimmick. He could be pushed up there at any time.

I don't understand these "MIZ IS THE FUTURE FACE OF WWE XDDD!!!!" posts. Orton is ONLY ONE YEAR OLDER than The Miz and WAY more over and WAY more loved. If one or the other is the "next Cena" or if you'd rather put it as "face of WWE/Superman" it is Orton.

You say 3 years from now as well... If you want to look at it this way... Cena is 33. Bautista retired when he was 41. Assuming Cena will hang around longer than Bautista did due to his love for the company he will still be the face for more years to come.

So, undoubtedly, I'm taking Cena and Orton here and NOT the Miz. The Miz is great on the mic, sure. It ends there. He simply does not even look like "face of the company" material and I'm not even sure why people are so big on his in-ring ability, I've YET to see a 'match to remember' from Miz.

For a wild card? Morrison. Too much talent in that guy to just waste it and turn him into some mid-card junkie used to push some guys closer to stardom. In-ring ability, looks, and mic talent (still improving). I could see Morrison definitely being a main event/possible face of company guy as many before have said as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back