• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who was your first concert? And who was your best?

Hollywood Naitch

The current reigning and defending
What I want to know is, who was the first concert you payed out to see?

For me, it was Alien Ant Farm, at Manchester Academy 1. They had just had their biggest hit with the cover of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal", so I must have been about 14 or 15. I had already heard of them from their earlier single "Movies", and thought they were great :)

It felt like half my school year went to that show, and for most of us it was our first gig. I ended up right at the front to the right of the stage, right infront of the speakers. I had a ringing in my right ear for about 3 days after that haha.

They finished on Smooth Criminal during the encore, which was awesome. I am not one of these people who suddenly stops listening to a band as they are no longer the "cool" band, so I still have the AAF album on my Ipod, but only listen to the occasional track when it comes up on shuffle. Still a few decent tracks on there.

As for the best concert I have ever been to? It is a tough choice between Oasis at Heaton Park in Manchester last summer (with Kasabian and The Enemy as support acts), and Alice In Chains. Even though I am obsessed with Oasis, and have been for years, the fact it was pouring with rain and I was freezing drops that gig to 2nd place, and AIC just blew my mind when I saw them. They played almost everything I wanted to here (only "Grind" and "Nutshell" werent in the set list, and I had a proper MTFO moment when they went straight into the "Man In The Box" riff as "Angry Chair" was finishing, just like on their Live album. God, that was an unbelievable show, I completely wrecked my throat during their set, I have never shouted so loud in my life.

So guys, tell me yours?

First concert would be Snow Patrol in 2007, they played their hits from Eyes open and they were quite good, Chasing Cars sounded amazing live when the extra bass kicked in, I was thinking that's how it should sound like on the CD.

Best Concert would have to be Green day in December 2009 they had the crowd standing up and dancing (including myself, I was in the Mosh Pit) for the entire show and they played all their hits and on a funny note Billy joel pulled a kid onstage and said "where you from?" the kid took a while to think about it then replied "Adelaide obviously" and BJ said "you're a smart-ass" and then "crucified" him to the song East Jesus Nowhere". They finished with an acoustic version of "Wake me up when September ends".

Good thread idea man.

First concert for me was Linkin Park back in 2005. Crazy good time, they played every single song that made them who they are. Opened with "Papercut" naturally. Can't think of any better opener, then went into "Somewhere I Belong", third was "One Step Closer", Can't remember much of the setlist after that, I remembered they played an early draft version of "What I've Done". They closed with "Numb" then in their encore they came out and did "In The End" and closed (for real this time) with "Pushing Me Away" which I went crazy for one of my favorites by them.

My favorite concert though was 3 Doors Down with Staind, RED, and Sick Puppies. From the moment sick puppies opened with their song "Cancer" to 3 doors down's closing with "When Im Gone" I was on my feet the entire time. Good shit all around

First concert for me was Linkin Park back in 2005. Crazy good time, they played every single song that made them who they are. Opened with "Papercut" naturally. Can't think of any better opener, then went into "Somewhere I Belong", third was "One Step Closer", Can't remember much of the setlist after that, I remembered they played an early draft version of "What I've Done". They closed with "Numb" then in their encore they came out and did "In The End" and closed (for real this time) with "Pushing Me Away" which I went crazy for one of my favorites by them.

Sounds like an awesome gig man. I loved all the early Linkin Park stuff from Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I was never able to get hold of tickets to see them live though. I could go to see their latest tour, there are still tickets available, but I am not really into most of their later songs for some reason.

From the moment sick puppies opened with their song "Cancer" to 3 doors down's closing with "When Im Gone" I was on my feet the entire time. Good shit all around

"When I'm Gone" is a great song!

Some of my other earliest gigs were "A", Jimmy Eat World, Papa Roach, Stereophonics, DMX and Pixies

Also, other awesome gigs I have been to include Alter Bridge(3 times), Ian Brown(3 times), The Enemy, Shinedown, Richard Ashcroft (both solo and with his new band "The United Nations of Sound", Paul Weller, Happy Mondays and Motorhead

Well, I guess the first band I saw after paying would have been Operator Please probaby in 2007 before they got big in Australia. They were really crap and they cut their show early and left because there were a few people booing.

My faveourite would have had to have been at Soundwave festival earlier this year there were heaps playing but I'd say my faveourite set from that festival would have been Escape the Fate. They're one of my two faveourite bands so I was stoked to see them live and it was great they played some older stuff from their previous singer (Situations, Not Good Enough for the Truth in Cliche and There's No Sympathy for the Dead) and obviously their newer stuff with their current front man. It only made it better by meeting them maybe an hour before they took the stage as well. They were really good live, had great energy and had the crowd screaming and singing along to every word of every song.

Sounds like an awesome gig man. I loved all the early Linkin Park stuff from Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I was never able to get hold of tickets to see them live though. I could go to see their latest tour, there are still tickets available, but I am not really into most of their later songs for some reason.

"When I'm Gone" is a great song!

Some of my other earliest gigs were "A", Jimmy Eat World, Papa Roach, Stereophonics, DMX and Pixies

Also, other awesome gigs I have been to include Alter Bridge(3 times), Ian Brown(3 times), The Enemy, Shinedown, Richard Ashcroft (both solo and with his new band "The United Nations of Sound", Paul Weller, Happy Mondays and Motorhead

Whats funny is I havent been able to get tickets to see them nor have they come back to my state (Oregon) since 05 lol. And ya a lot of people don't dig their new stuff, they have a few songs I enjoy from their new material though, "Leave Out All The Rest" is one of my favorites. I dig "Waiting For The End" off A Thousand Suns as well.

Ive been DYING to see Alter Bridge but dont have a chance in the near future I am in Iraq right now till next summer so unless they do a show here lol. Ive seen Shinedown too right after they released "Us And Them" they were solid. How were the pixies? been a longtime fan of them. Ive seen quite a few bands live. Flyleaf, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne W/Rob Zombie, Creed way back when I was a youngster, Breaking Benjamin, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Eminem, Rise Against with Skillet I thought that was a weird combination but it worked for me. Another Amazing one was Slipknot with All That remains and Killswitch Engage. Ive never got more fucked up at a concert than that one. Thats about all I can remember, besides the Warped Tours and Ozzfests ive been to

I'm not a big music guy, only been to one concert my entire life, Rush about a month back with my dad. I wasn't a huge fan of there music, only knew a few songs. Mostly was just going to check out the new arena, which was pretty sick.

Anyway, I guess they were alright. Obviously pretty old and somewhat washed up, but the crowd was still crazy. Mostly because they were drunk/high. If someone offered me a free ticket, I'd go again.

My first concert was when I was 9 or 10 I think. I went to some Nickelodeon concert variety show that came to town and the main performance was by LFO. I don't care what anybody says I fucking loved their song Summer Girls. I still listen to that shit in the summer.

My favorite concert was the John Mayer show I went to this past summer. Mayer is fantastic live. The man really is a musician in the sense of he can play so many instruments. Not to mention he is hilarious live and kept making awesome sex jokes and movie references. I have become a life long fan after that show. It was so good.

First concert was Uni Orientation Toga Party, with NZ rock staples Shihad & Head Like A Hole. Only kind of remember it considering how drunk I ended up, but it rocked my socks off.

First international band concert was Big Day Out '01 (summer festival in Australia/NZ) which had Rammstein & Limp Bizkit as the headliners (interestingly enough Rammstein is returning for the '11 festival).

First international band non-festival concert must have been Tool in 2002. Blew my motherloving socks off!!!! And interestingly enough Tool are also returning for the Big Day Out festival next year (after appearing in '07).

How were the pixies? been a longtime fan of them.

I wasn't that impressed by them to be honest mate. I had not heard of them at this point, I went to the 1st day of the Move Festival in Manchester (a 2 day event) simply to see Stereophonics, who were headlining. Pixies were the next band down on the bill and I think they had just reunited or something. I remember lots of people leaving after Pixies finished and not bothering to watch the Phonics.

"Monkey Gone To Heaven" was good, I did know that song before the show, but had no idea it was the Pixies. Even to this day, I can't get into the band, no idea why as I like that kind of music now, just something about the singers voice I don't enjoy. That Kim Deal is cool though

The first concert I went to was the Reading Festival in 2001 is that counts as a concert per se.

My favourite was probably Feeder in the Ulster Hall in Belfast. I have seen bigger and better bands than them and I have seen them three times but that night in the Ulster Hall was fantastic. A more intimate venue than the open air festival at Reading or the amphitheatre of the Waterfront Hall, a couple of beers and a great atmosphere of crowd interaction just made it.

My first concert was seeing Eve 6 and Our Lady Peace in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was pretty cool because of the high energy from the crowd. Both bands remain as 2 of my favorites today.

Eve6Album.jpg

My all-time favorite concert was seeing Rage Against the Machine in 1999 at the Palace of Auburn Hills. The feeling was electric for their entire 2 hour set. I remember at one point during "Killing in the Name of" they had the lights turned on in the arena. The mass of people that paraded to the main floor was sick! Overall, tons of energy! It took me a while to settle down after that.

About a month later they announced that Rage would be back in the Spring of 2000 w/ the Beastie Boys. I immediately went out and bought tickets. Unfortunately, one of the Beastie Boys got hurt playing on his bicycle, and the show was canceled. Rage Against the Machine broke up soon after that, and I can't help feeling disappointed that I didn't get to see them perform live again.

RATM_bdo.jpg

First concert? Default with Creed headlining. This is just about the time Creed was going down the shitter but Default put on a a good show.

Best was definitely seeing Dylan in 2007. You know what, that's wrong. His part of the concert wasn't even good. Govt. Mule was there and so were the Moody Blues. I wasn't a fan of either before the show and I'm not now. What I do know is that for about 4 hours those two bands and one other that I can't remember put everything out there for the fans and it was amazing. I really believe that that concert was what it was like to attend a concert back in the 60's. Just a few bands coming together, everybody's a master of their respective instrument and it's just one big party. Good times.

The very first show I attended was about 5 years ago. It was The Franklin Cover Up's tour kick off. I was 16 and it was an eye opening experience, I remember thinking to myself "this is where I belong, these are my kind of people". I believe Bone Dance, When The Legends Die, and Severed Trust played as well.

As for my favorite show.... Well that's a hard one. Ive been to hundreds of shows in the last five years. If I have to pick one then I will say Rotting Out, Expire, and Soul Search. This was about a month ago. I pick this because all the bands had great energy, played very well, and tore the shit out of the place. If you know about LA hardcore then you'll understand why I chose this. Good thread btw

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back