• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who was the greatest United States champion of all-time?

CM Steel

A REAL American
With this being July and the 4th passing, and with the movie Captain America: The First Avenger coming out on the 22nd. It had me think of something when it comes to wrestling. Who is the greatest United States champion of all-time? While the title has been in both WCW & WWE. Alot of names comes to mind...

-Harley Race
-Dusty Rhodes
-Ric Flair
-"Stunning" Steve Austin
-Booker T

The list can go on & on really.

The title never had a holder that had that belt as long as the Honky Tonk Man had the IC championship in the WWF/E.

But all around, who truely was tho was the greatest United States champion of all-time?

I said this on another thread.

When I think of the NWA / WCW / WWE United States Championship, the Superstars that come to mind are Harley Race for being the first United States Champion, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Wahoo McDaniel, and Bret Hart for winning the Title 5 times, and Lex Lugar, who not only also held the Title 5 times, but for holding the Title for a combined 948 days.

I'm going to say Lex Lugar is the greatest United States Champion ever.

Some possible names for me:

Nikita Koloff- The Russian Nightmare n Magnum T.A. had a great feud over the stap back in 1986.

Magnum T.A.
Roddy Piper

But I'm gonna go with Tully Blanchard as my favorite followed closely Barry Windham n Greg Valentine

There are so many great names that have held the United States Championship, guys like Harley Race, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, John Cena, Booker T, Bret Hart and many more. However when I think United States Championship I think of one man, the rabid wolverine, Chris Benoit. He was my favorite United States champion for several reasons, at the time he was one of my favorite wrestlers and when he was holding that strap was when I was more obsessed with wrestling than I ever had been in my life, and his best of 5 series for the title with Booker T is still one of the first things to come to mind when I think of either the US title or Benoit. Also when he won the United States Championship from Orlando Jordan, I remember going balistic when he locked in the crossface and tapped him after only about 30 seconds. There have probably been better champions but the one I remember with the title best is chris, because he would practically kill himself(no pun intended)in every match to keep that title, and more often than not he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back