• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who To Blame? Dana White or Anderson Silva

Tha Wolfpac

Hey Yo...
Hey Yo!
Now Tha Wolfpac is a huge fan of the UFC so here's my first MMA thread.
Now after the controversial fallout from UFC 112 and im specifically talking about the Anderson Silva vs Demian Maia bout who can we blame for this lackluster/disappoiting main event.
Anderson Silva chose deliberately not to knock out the fellow brazilian in Demian Maia but blatantly show boat (which Dana White frowns upon) and refuse to throw a punch in the final three rounds after putting on a masterclass in the first 2 rounds of the bout, then he just seemed to turn off. Now theres only two people to blame for this situation and they are obviously Dana White and Anderson Silva.
The two arguments for each party are as follows;
Dana White: Has vowed to punish Anderson Silva after showcasing a disappointing main event to his new arabian business partners and for not choosing to go for the knockout when he obviously could of ended the fight and everyone could of left on a good note as they arabians in Abu Dhabi went wild and chanted for GSP and Demian Maia.
Anderson Silva: Now we all know he is arguably the best in the world at what he does, now in his defence i think Dana White gives him opponents that look good on paper but are no where near matched to 'The Spider' which he has gotten a bit bored of fighting this easy beats. I think out of respect he chooses not to totally humiliate and end everything quickly with his opponents but thats up to you to decide. So in conclusion he is to blame in this situation Anderson Silva or Dana White?
.Tha Wolfpac.

They were both in the wrong if you ask me.

Dana White because he put Anderson Silva in there with a Jiu-Jitsu guy, knowing damn well what happened the last time Silva fought someone like that. And what makes it worst, Maia, while I respect him and think he's an awesome talent, did not even deserve a title shot to begin with. Dana should have pushed Silva's fight back another month, and then give him a worthy opponent, since BJ Penn draws no matter what. Or, at the very least, he should have made him fight a Light Heavy like Jardine or someone like that. Instead, he was impatient and stubborn about the situation, and what he got should not have surprised him. It didn't surprise me, or many other MMA fans out there.

Anderson Silva should be at blame for not finishing the fight, when he had plenty of chances throughout the first 3 Rounds to do so. But, he never pulled the trigger. Why? Well you could argue that he might have felt Maia was playing possum, just to get Silva to the ground with him. Or, you could argue Silva was just playing around too much. Either way, Silva should have at least attempted to finish the fight. Moreover, past the third round, Silva had a mental breakdown or something because I don't know what the fuck happened. Maybe he gassed, who knows... but he started acting like a complete pussy, right at the time Maia grew some balls and wanted to engage. It made no sense.

So, all in all, both are to blame in my opinion, but I honestly think both will learn from this and that it'll never happen again. Dana will learn that there are certain people you don't match Anderson Silva with (especially when said people aren't even deserving of the shot in the first place), and Silva will hopefully stop toying around with his opponents and just go for the kill, like we saw in his fights against Chris Leben, Nate Marquardt, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back