• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should get into HOF first.. KANE or BIG SHOW??

Who will get a HOF spot first??

• Kane

• Big Show

• Neither deserve a spot

• Both will get one at the same WM

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pro Wrestling is FAKE

Occasional Pre-Show
The title explains the thread.. Both these men have had storied careers that are releted.. Both big men.. Both came in as dominant monsters.. Both have torn wrestlers apart.. Both had some embarrassing moments.. Both have been booked as dominant champions.. Both have been put in some funny situations.. They are somewhat the GO-TO men of wrestling.. They can be put into any role and they will do their job with competency..

With that in mind who should get a HOF spot first.. Kane or Big Show??

k3b2bda3.jpg

kane-hell-fire-brimstone-wwe-wallpaper-preview.jpg

My vote goes to Kane.. I mean surely, the guy came in after tearing the Hell in a Cell and with one of the biggest hypes of the attitude era, AND HE DELIVERED.. Everyone wanted to know who was the brother of the Dead Man.. And just like his big brother, he took a papery gimmick and has never left us in any confusion about his demented state of mind.. And his promos of the last summer were gold if nothing else and only made me believe that if booked correctly he could have been the biggest guy EVER in WWE behind Taker and Andre..

That's about me.. Hope to listen from you people.. Discuss..

In comparing the two, I would go with the Big Show first, and then Kane. Big Show won the World Title first and became the youngest World Champion at 23. Big Show was the first to win the WCW (World Heavyweight), the WWE, and the ECW Titles, although Kane was the second and only other to do so. And my last reason, there should be at least a full year between Undertaker’s induction and Kane’s. Who better than the one Superstar to hold Tag Team Gold with both of the Brother’s of Destruction??

The immense work put on by the world's biggest athlete has to be credited first IMO. So for me has to be Big Show!!!

WWEEEEEEELLL I will go with kane. His good years have definetly outweighed the bad. He has alot of accomplishments in royal rumble and in tag team. I'm really a huge Kane mark because I believe he's underrated. But I hope that both Bigshow and Kane get in the hall of fame because I am also a huge bigshow mark.

kane, he's done so much for the business and put so many people over and played his role in such important story lines. big show has done the same but kane has def put more people over. not to say show hasn't but i think kane put more people over and has been fine doing so.

In comparing the two, I would go with the Big Show first, and then Kane. Big Show won the World Title first and became the youngest World Champion at 23. Big Show was the first to win the WCW (World Heavyweight), the WWE, and the ECW Titles, although Kane was the second and only other to do so. And my last reason, there should be at least a full year between Undertaker’s induction and Kane’s. Who better than the one Superstar to hold Tag Team Gold with both of the Brother’s of Destruction??

Go back and look at your sources. Sorry to call you out on this, but Kane never won a title in Wcw let alone the World heavyweight title. He won the WWE version of the big gold belt. The thing that I'm griping about that is, Show made the Claim to of won the big three titles in three different brands. ECW world title, WWE world title, and WCW heavyweight champion. Kane has won the world heavyweight title, but show had the claim of doing it in WCW. I'm sorry to call that out, but Show was saying that because he won the WCW brands title. Kane won the WWE's verson of it. A small difference but it counts.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Big Show deserves to go in slightly ahead of Kane. I have the utmost respect for Kane, he will go into the WWE Hall of Fame, but if I had to pick one of them, and only one of them, I would pick the Big Show. Kane's longevity not withstanding, Big Show has had the more successful career, if you care about titles. If you don't care about titles so much, and go more for the actual body of work, I think Big Show wins that too. There is nothing that the Big Show hasn't done. He has been face, heel, comedy relief, he has been unstoppable monster and loveable goof. His mic skills are better than Kanes due to Show's sense of timing as well. Both have their ups and downs, both have played the role of destroyer and glorified jobber.

But when it comes down to it, if I had a Wrestlemania match between Kane and the Big Show, and had to lay money down on one or the other, I would probably expect the Big Show to win.

Go back and look at your sources. Sorry to call you out on this, but Kane never won a title in Wcw let alone the World heavyweight title

Go back and read his post, he never claimed Kane won anything in WCW, he did win teh WHC though, IDK how you forget his reign from his past year, where he cashed in MITB and beat Rey for it then went on to dominate Taker for months

He won the WWE version of the big gold belt.

Same belt dude, it's the same belt, you're just splitting hairs here

The thing that I'm griping about that is, Show made the Claim to of won the big three titles in three different brands. ECW world title, WWE world title, and WCW heavyweight champion. Kane has won the world heavyweight title, but show had the claim of doing it in WCW.

Do you really think McMahon gives a shit that Show won it in WCW or not, do you really think in Vince's mind it means more that Show won it in WCW, and Kane won it in WWE? I guessing he doesn't, I'm betting that in Vinces mind they mean about the same

I'm sorry to call that out, but Show was saying that because he won the WCW brands title. Kane won the WWE's verson of it. A small difference but it counts.

Yeah, hate to break it to you but it really doesn't

As for which deserves to go in first, tbh I don't really see either as HoF worthy, but then again I don't see Koko B. Ware as HoF worthy either and they stuck him in there

Firstly... does it really matter who gets in first? I mean... koko b. ware gets in before Undertaker but does that mean that he's more worthy?? ofcourse not... whoever gets in first will more likely be the one that retires sooner.

Obviously theyre both worthy, but this has turned into more of a discussion of who deserves it... and ima go with Kane... why?:

World Heavyweight Championship (x1)

WWE Championship (x1)

ECW Championship (x1) The first/only superstar to carry the/any title over all the three brands (Smackdown, Raw and ECW)

The first/only superstar to have won all three major ‘WWE’ World titles (unless you count Big show but he had the WCW Championship, and either way… that’s still the second)

WWE Intercontinental Championship (x2)

WWE Tag Team Championship (x9) (Mankind x2; X-pac x2; The Undertaker x2;
The Hurricane x1; Rob Van Dam x1; The Big Show x1) Needs to be noted that when he was champion with The Hurricane he retained the tag team championship by himself in a TLC match

WCW Tag Team Championship (x1 with the Undertaker) Also making them the first Undisputed Tag Team Champions, holding both the WWE Tag Team Championship as well as the WCW Tag Team Championship at the same time.

WWE Hardcore Championship (x1)

He won the Smackdown Money In the Bank; Broke the record for the fastest time to cash in the Money in the Bank (1hr) and the longest time between world Title reigns (thirteen years)

The Eighth Triple Crown Champion

The Third Grand Slam Champion

Slammy Award for Best Family Values (For beating up Jack Swagger Sr.)

PWI Tag Team of the Year (1999 with X-pac)

PWI ranked him #13 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1999 and 2004

He currently holds four records in the Royal Rumble. Most eliminations in a single rumble with 11, most consecutive appearances in the Royal Rumble match with 12, most total appearances with 14, and the quickest elimination of another competitor at 1.8 seconds. He has the second most eliminations in a row aswell (6). He also has 35 total eliminations which is the third highest total eliminations behind Stone Cold (36) and Shawn Michaels (41). He is the rumble!!

He’s beaten the Undertaker 3 PPV’s in a row, 2 of which were Undertaker ‘Signature’ Matches.
He was Co-Captain of the Smackdown Bragging Rights Team, which they won.

Best debut in the history of WWE.

He won the first WWF Weakest Link Special, defeating Bubba Ray Dudley in the final.

I mean im sure you could make a long list about Big Show too but i feel that KAne's would stand out more. At the end of the day both superstars can be called upon at anytime to do their jobs and theyll run with it and thats what makes them great. I just find Kane to be the better character... i mean come on.. its KANE... HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE, the BIG RED ASS KICKIN MACHINE!!!

I don't understand the relevance of who goes in first. Look at it this way, Hogan was easily the most relevant person in the history of wrestling and there were several people inducted prior to him. That's not to say that anyone was more deserving than him, it was likely just do to contracts and whatnot.

At any rate, if we're pretending that it does matter, I'm going with Big Show. Both of them are definitely going to go in, I just feel that Show's contribution to wrestling is more relevant. I'm not talking about things like championships and shit, I am thinking of just the overall body of work. He was immensely popular in the WCW days and made just as much impact as Kane did upon his debut and became a World Champion immediately.

Not to suggest that his popularity ever diminished in WWE, he's always been crazy popular. Be it as a face or a heel, he always gets a reaction.

Kane is easily my personal preference and I love his matches. I think Kane is the better worker, but Show trumps him in his overall resume.

I think the topic would of been more interesting: If you could only vote for one to go into the Hall of Fame, who would it be? :p

Anyways, I'm going with Big Show on this one. Especially after watching his DVD; i just felt for him, and came to like him more. I have been impressed with his work ever since he came to WCW. He didn't just quit either after he went from a big dog in WCW to jobbing in the WWE in Ohio.

Both guys deserve the HOF. I see both guys retiring in 1 or 2 year. Kane is 43yrs old and Big Show is 39 years old. Kane has 19 yrs in the business 16 yrs in WWE 18 career championships, Big Show has 15 yrs in the business and 11yrs in the WWE 19 career championships, took a year off 2007-2008. I say Kane goes in first because he actually had to work to get into the business and the WWE.

They are both going into the Hall of Fame at some point especially since guys like Koko B. Ware have and Koko accomplished FAR less then both of them. Kane first though because of a more memorable gimmick and his best matches were better then Show's.

I was thinking Big Show to go first since he was more popular and has been around longer than Kane. However Kane has been one of the most loyalist Wrestlers ever to the company.

I agree with the notion that it doesn't really matter which one goes in first, as it's pretty much a business decision as opposed to something based on pure accolades. For the sake of the argument, I'll assume that the decision is based solely on merit.

It's hard to really judge based on title achievement since neither man has had a truly memorable title run. Show was WCW champion during a low point of the company and as a transitional champion for Hogan. In WWE, his best title work was always an effort at getting other people over, rather than riding as champion. Kane's first title run lasted for a day, and then didn't touch a big brand title (ECW title not being included) for more than a decade. His second run with the title was more memorable due to his amazing mic work at the time, but his reign didn't really click with the fans.

Ultimately I think that it all comes down to one fact that gives Kane the edge over the Big Show:

See No Evil did better box office than Knucklehead.

Tough decision, both of these guys are pretty much granted to go into the HOF, and both have contributed a hell of a lot to the WWE.

But I'm gonna go with Kane, the impact he has made on the WWE when he debuted was incredible, in the top 5 debuts IMO. With Kane I don't think it's necessary to take in account his title reign tally, he has had some of the most unique and original story lines in the history of the WWE. From his numerous feuds with Undertaker, to the removal of his mask. In the ring he is fantastic athlete, and WWE have benefited from him greatly.

Both men defiantly deserve to get in the hall of fame, but who first is a very tough question as both have done so much for the WWE and wrestling in general. Maybe both of them get in at the same time? If I had to pick one though, I dont know because The Big Show is the only ever WWE, World Heavyweight, ECW and WCW champion but Kane is one of the most loyal wrestlers to the WWE and I personally like him better

This response is not based on accolades it is based on who had a bigger impact on the entrie WWE. I think that both these guys will retire at a very close time period with each other so that argument is now taken care of. I feel however that Kane is the overall better legacy and has had the better moments in the WWE. Kane will always be known as a superstar who had great chemistry with the very legendary Underaker. This alone makes Kane soar aboive Show. I think Show will eventually get in however especially if he retires near the Time Taker goes will have to make the HOF because of the Taker. I think neither man will be an immediate thing like Michaels however I feel people will miss Kane more and WWE will realize the legacy he left is deserving of the hall of Fame rather than the accolades of the Big Show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back