Who should AJ fued with?

pgerasucks

Dark Match Winner
ok now that aj has the television title it gives it a little more prestige.so let me get straight to the questions i will ask you.
1.who should he fued with for the television title -i would like to see him fued with the likes of pope,wolfe,anderson,hardy,and so on
2.Do you think that they could make the television title a more legitimate mid card title for there company then the i.c. is for the wwe nowadays,(what i mean by that is in the wwe most the people that hold the i.c. title stay at that level with the exception of a few.and once you hold a world title there you never hold the i.c. or us title again.we will never see orton or cena or sheamus or triple h hold the i.c. title again.)-I would say yes it will be more of a stepping stone for tna,the first person to hold it is a former world heavyweight champion who is still relevant (and i mean the tv title not the legends or global)and i think there will be more of a mix between main eventers and mid carders holdin this title..ok no bashing for no apparent reason other than you dont like tna if you dont like tna dont respond to my post. good response (no i dont think the tv title will will be as much of a stepping stone as the ic title is because many great stars held the ic title befroe they were heavyweight champions) bad response (hell no the tv title wont be as much as a stepping stone as the ic tna fuckin sucks and hogan is old)ok so lets here you thoughts

ok now that aj has the television title it gives it a little more prestige.

I wouldn't say that. Styles is great, but the title's rep is going to have to be built pretty much from scratch. Styles is capable of doing that if he's booked properly, but the title is more or less worthless at this exact moment.

so let me get straight to the questions i will ask you.
1.who should he fued with for the television title -i would like to see him fued with the likes of pope,wolfe,anderson,hardy,and so on

All are potentially interesting feud ideas. I'd say that Styles will have at least one more match with Rob Terry. The former champ almost always gets a rematch. Afterward, I'd like to see him feud more with The Pope or Desmond Wolfe as they need it more than Anderson or Hardy.

2.Do you think that they could make the television title a more legitimate mid card title for there company then the i.c. is for the wwe nowadays,(what i mean by that is in the wwe most the people that hold the i.c. title stay at that level with the exception of a few.and once you hold a world title there you never hold the i.c. or us title again.we will never see orton or cena or sheamus or triple h hold the i.c. title again.)-I would say yes it will be more of a stepping stone for tna,the first person to hold it is a former world heavyweight champion who is still relevant (and i mean the tv title not the legends or global)and i think there will be more of a mix between main eventers and mid carders holdin this title..ok no bashing for no apparent reason other than you dont like tna if you dont like tna dont respond to my post. good response (no i dont think the tv title will will be as much of a stepping stone as the ic title is because many great stars held the ic title befroe they were heavyweight champions) bad response (hell no the tv title wont be as much as a stepping stone as the ic tna fuckin sucks and hogan is old)ok so lets here you thoughts

It's far too early to tell what's going to happen with the tv title. Based on what AJ Styles said in his promo last Thursday, one would assume that the tv title will become a major presence within TNA. What Styles said, what TNA thinks and how Styles and future champions are booked will be what determines if the title rises in prominence or continues to languish in the realm of mediocrity.

Considering they are trying to make the title worht something it needs to be with people who TNA can rely on in he years to come and guys who could really use the push. Pope, Wolfe, Lethal and even Andrson immedietly spring to mind as three potential challengers, and in the future, champions. That's who need to challenge and be the champion, not Hardy or guys who should be in the main event or need the push like Joe or Abyss.

Off the top of my head, I would suggest feuds with the Pope, Jay Lethal, or Hernandez. Those 3 guys would benefit from holding a mid-card title. I think Wolfe may be better served teaming with Brutus Magnus & going after the tag titles. TNA doesn't have too many tag teams, the winner of the MCMG/Beer Money series will need someone to challenge them. While I think Ink inc. has potential, they aren't ready yet.

As for the prestige of the TV title, it won't approach the prestige of the IC title until TNA's prestige as a whole improves. The TV title can still mean something, but we shouldn't need to compare everything TNA does to the WWE. They are different companies on different levels.

I think he should feud with Desmond Wolfe, yes, heel vs heel. I think they could both elavate each other and give Wolfe more credit because hes been jobbing like crazy lately.

Since this is a mid-card tittle I want it to stay like that so I don't think it's a good idea to have main eventers(Aj is an exception) hold the tittle.. here is a list of who I want to feud with Aj over the tittle:

Matt Morgan
Desmonde Wolfe
Douglas Williams (after losing the tittle to amazing red)
Hernandez
Eric Young

The logical choice is guys that wanted to get into Fortune and didn't. Desmond Wolfe would be my first choice for a feud with AJ, I think those two could put on some great matches. Jay Lethal is another possibility, AJ could get revenge for Lethal beating up the boss. You would expect me to say Morgan next, but my prediction is the Kaz is gonna be out of Fortune and will be replaced by Morgan.

Another possibility is Anderson, "master of the cheap shot", He has the ability to get on anyones bad side at any time.

bigbadwolf: I like the idea of Douglas Willams too and the "after losing to Amazing Red". Amazing Red is "amazing" and they should use him more in the X Division. I like Doug Williams a lot and I think AJ's and Williams' contrasting styles would make for some interesting matches.

Hernandez, Hardy, Young and Pope really have no good reason to fuck with AJ unless the writers get to work.

Ric-Flair.jpg

They need to be more worried about legitimizing "Fortune" right now than the belt. For a group that has TNA's greatest original and is managed by Ric Flair, they don't have much going for them right now. As the stable gains momentum, with AJ at the helm, the title will be legitimized along with them.

As for AJ's first feud, Lethal definitely makes the most sense based on current storylines. It'd be an easy, natural transition and would make for some great matches. However, as we saw last week, AJ is about to have a short program with Kurt Angle and will likely lose that match. I think, coming off a loss, he needs a big win to get momentum back for himself, Fortune, and the belt.

For a few weeks after losing to Angle, I'd have him winning matches against some of the mid-card talent like Lethal, Wolfe, etc. Then, during some typical "Fortune comes out to brag about their awesomeness" segment, have Jeff Hardy come out and challenge AJ. They have a match, AJ wins with interference, and the two continue to feud. How about a 6-man with Jardy and the Machine Gun against AJ and Beer Money? Delightful!

Ultimately, Sept PPV, have AJ and Hardy blow-off in a ladder match for the belt. I'd have Hardy win the belt and then push AJ and Fortune somewhere in a Main Event storyline. Hardy could then go on a nice run defending the belt and putting on some great matches in true TV Title fashion. Let's face it, nobody wants to hear Hardy talk and he sucks in storylines. Having him as as TV Champ is perfect.

I definitely see AJ adding the much needed prestige to the title. I believe he can and hopefully will bring the t.v. title to the level of the U.S./IC title. All he needs is to have great matches and fueds over the belt which he is capable of doing. After he faces Terry for the last time, I see AJ taking over for Ric Flair in his fued with Jay Lethal. I also see AJ fueding with Hernandez and the Pope for the title somewhere down the line.

I think AJ needs to hold this title for 4-6 months with "phenomenal" matches to build up the title meaning he beats guys like Joe, anderson,hardy, sting non-feud matches I would even say AJ does an open challengefor about 6 to 8 weeks, that way he is building the belt prestige but not taking away from the group Fortune and what direction they are going in...

by putting the title on the line obviously their are powers in numbers and fortune can help in some way so guys like joe, and anderson who are hot wouldnt lose steam, and then have some popular mid carders like pope, Lethal, Hernandez, Wolfe or anyone else TNA wants to give a test run at a push with a lengthy feud, but have AJ beat them so the title continues to get pushed as legit and when AJ finally loses it have it be when Fortune is the main draw in TNA so whoever wins it not only won the title but won by defeating AJ the leader of TNA's strongest stable.

More importantly HOW IS FORTUNE GOING TO GET OVER? How are they going to be a legit stable and I honestly think their is one way to do this and its FULL PROOF!

AJ is about to go against Kurt Angle. Rick flair can do a promo with Fortune saying "we dont need any rankings to tell us who the best is im a wrestling god and AJ is the best wrestler in TNA history, you want to go do your little journey then go and find Jay Lethal(#5 in the rankings) because Ric Flair and Fortune arent going to waste one second of their time dealing with your goals when we have plans of our own(perhaps setting up a potential story line) and AJ has his own title defend. Hogan could force the match on AJ and If Angle, goes agaisnt Aj in a classic and then locks AJ in the ankle lock, only to have flair knock out the ref, and then Fortune bum rushes angle and takes him out with a good stomping and finishers from every member of fortune, perhaps something along the line of a concussion, or even neck "injury....."

That will give Fortune that full heel rub that they just took out the top wrestler, and face of the company, that everyone, "smarks" included believed no questions asked was going to go through the top ten and would be a champion. Have Angle out for 3 or 4 weeks, or more if they really want to sell it (however i figure they would want angle at their biggest PPV of the year to be high in the rankings if not #1) while fortune continues to build heat after this huge jump start they have been givin and give the idea that they are responsible for taking Angle out and destroying his goal.

Angle never lost so he does not have to retire have AJ reach #1 in the rankings due to his open invitation suggestion i made, beating big names to reach #1 by defending his title and so Angle cant touch him until that point and they can have another classic match #1vs#2 and have Angle win he goes for the world title and AJ still has his TV title to do feuds with guys like Pope, Lethal, Hernandez etc... AJ could also play the gimmick similar of Flairs "i took Kurt Angle out for a month, I have beaten former champs, like somoa joe, jeff hardy, sting etc... what makes you think you even have a chance of beating me let alone being in the same ring as me" Basically saying what the fan is thinking, most fans are going to be like really AJ was beatin joe, sting, hardy, and came within a second of beating angle for the past month and you expect me to believe wolfe who has been losing to mid carders for months, or Hernandez who hasnt beaten a note worthy champion before has a chance of beating AJ

saying that in the direction of pope, wolfe, hernandez or anyone worthy of upper mid card push when going into a feud with them would give them credibility if they are able to put on great matches and feuds that they can be mainevent cailber regardless if Aj wins he is already over as a top tna star so thos mid carders will gain a bunch by taking AJ to the brink and Fortune is still over which is very important

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back